Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry International Shipping RANT!!!

I sincerely consider Canadians my Friends! And i have some personal friends as well as valued Canadian Customers. BUT After this last Shipping Cluster gets resolved. It will take a Act Of Congress (To coin a phrase) or a gun held to my head before ill ever ship anything across the US Border. I mean its like well you didnt Dot this eye correctly or we dont like the way you crossed your t's .

The time it takes to fill out a customs form in a way that my Canadian friends dont get raped with customs fees or taxes simply isnt worth my Time. Then if some ass hat where ever dont like something everything comes to a screeching hault till the shipper jumps through Fire Hoops like a Circus Tiger.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

2. Likes Rak Rua, Dave Strong, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should try buying something from the U.S. and shipping to Thailand....
    I’ve bought 3 boats from America in the last 10 years and imported them to Thailand. The America part was pretty good but once they arrived here, the fun and games begin....... ‘Johnnie Walker’ solved many of the problems but finding someone to negotiate the deal was a nightmare.

Another fun one, importing small items..... I bought a drive shower for a Bravo One (about 150 USD). $80 shipping, $230 import duty, $40 VAT. Box was torn open and on the Thai import docs under description of goods it said in English “We don’t know what is the item”.

If importing/exporting annoys you, you’re not alone.

RR
    Last edited by Rak Rua; 04-13-2021 at 07:02 AM.

4. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I know all to well how things can get hung up with customs in Most all parts of South East Asia. I was stationed there for 6 years. And YES Its amazing what a bottle Of Jack Daniels or Crown Royal can get done. Or sometimes some Palm Greasing.

But Connecting Countries??? I mean theres supposed to be NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) in place??

Quote Originally Posted by Rak Rua View Post
    You should try buying something from the U.S. and shipping to Thailand....
    I’ve bought 3 boats from America in the last 10 years and imported them to Thailand. The America part was pretty good but once they arrived here, the fun and games begin....... ‘Johnnie Walker’ solved many of the problems but finding someone to negotiate the deal was a nightmare.

Another fun one, importing small items..... I bought a drive shower for a Bravo One (about 150 USD). $80 shipping, $230 import duty, $40 VAT. Box was torn open and on the Thai import docs under description of goods it said in English “We don’t know what is the item”.

If importing/exporting annoys you, you’re not alone.

RR

DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys should just put your parts in a shopping cart and pay someone to walk it across the borders.....I hear they are wide open for the next 3 and a half years, no import, duty , or sales tax
    1977 Hydrostream Vector 2.5 Promax

7. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been in the shipping business for 45 years. I have never seen it so busy. Last spring it was $2,500 to send a container to China. Last fall the price went up to 6,500 for the same box if you could get one. All this was before the ports starting getting backed up. Unfortunately I do not see a end in sight. I ordered Windows back in January they said it would be 12 weeks before I got them. Now they are uncertain when they will come in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No free trade going to CANADA. I sent Parts from BRP the French Canadian company to Canada to a friend taxes were stupid. A Friend in the Shipping industry sold his 21 foot Fishing boat to the manager of the African division of the company he works for. Local Chief Would not let it off the dock called it an attack boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I understand it is just another form required to go from US to Canada . A description of the product and value . A telephone number of the reciever .
    I know it's another hurdle/ a couple minutes of paperwork but I believe it's simple.
    Not exactly sure of the problem you ran into but yes there is one additional step and it needs to be filled out correctly as most paperwork .
    Depends on how you view the problem if that's what you want to call it . I have viewed more than a few on the board here that only ship within USA .
    sounds like the shipment or package got flagged probably due to values - stated on the form and there is a fine line of too little value . I understand the need to save the guy some dough - it gets pricey 35% differance in currency plus shipping then duty . Just be clear on the actual contents and a reasonable amount declared on the value or services rendered . Don't close the door ,understand clearly how to open it - if you will .
    Personally I have watched your threads and someday I may need your services as many others I am sure .
    Last edited by kellytheaker; 04-13-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cross border shipping is a legal document. This is why the I's and T's have to be just so or its basically a spolied document same as an election if you dont mark the ballot correctly its spoiled.

NAFTA gone, USMCA now. Not good, not good AT ALL. Think about it and consider what the Gipper said and what I have to wonder is this abolition of NAFTA happened on Trumps watch, not the dems. Wtf?

Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent 30 Minutes yesterday completing what I thought was the correct International Shipping details on my commercial fedex account. Then get a call last night that everything was wrong Customs wise. So I returned the call this morning and as of yet No One has been able to tell me whats the correct procedure. So In a effort to get the goods to the person. Ive now spent 2+ hrs on the Computer filling out Forms only to get Road Blocked with " Description needs additional Information??? How many more descriptions can a pair of Aluminum Engine Heads be described that satisfies a customs form??? Then Theres the (What They call Harmonized Code) So then one spends God knows how much time trying to weed through 1000's of codes to find a applicable one. Then!!!!!!! when you click calculate you get this "The commodities highlighted below need additional Harmonized Code information to calculate duties and taxes." So guess what? After trying several times with no success Ill refund the money or the Buyer can set up their own shipping and pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by kellytheaker View Post
    I understand it is just another form required to go from US to Canada . A description of the product and value . A telephone number of the reciever .
    I know it's another hurdle/ a couple minutes of paperwork but I believe it's simple.
    Not exactly sure of the problem you ran into but yes there is one additional step and it needs to be filled out correctly as most paperwork .
    Depends on how you view the problem if that's what you want to call it . I have viewed more than a few on the board here that only ship within USA .
    sounds like the shipment or package got flagged probably due to values - stated on the form and there is a fine line of too little value . I understand the need to save the guy some dough - it gets pricey 35% differance in currency plus shipping then duty . Just be clear on the actual contents and a reasonable amount declared on the value or services rendered . Don't close the door ,understand clearly how to open it - if you will .
    Personally I have watched your threads and someday I may need your services as many others I am sure .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shop in the US all the time. It's the global shoppers paradise. A couple of years ago a customer from China told me he was going to the mall (suburban Detroit) because due to taxes in China, he could buy made in China stuff cheaper in the US

Option 1: Send stuff US mail. I've never paid brokerage with US mail. Fed Ex and UPS can be brutal with brokerage. The mail has never asked me for sales tax either, which should be due. Yes with free trade stuff is duty free, but it's not sales tax free

Option 2: Home - CrossBorder Pickups

Some guys on another message board recommend option 2. I will try it out

14. Likes Jimboat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unacceptable bureaucratic incompetence. At least I HOPE its that simple and not some lefty ars making up stories to interupt a market they "dont aprove of" because of climaclownenomics
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave:

Fedex is $38.47 If i can ever get everything to Gel on the customs form. USPS is $70.00.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I shop in the US all the time. It's the global shoppers paradise. A couple of years ago a customer from China told me he was going to the mall (suburban Detroit) because due to taxes in China, he could buy made in China stuff cheaper in the US

Option 1: Send stuff US mail. I've never paid brokerage with US mail. Fed Ex and UPS can be brutal with brokerage. The mail has never asked me for sales tax either, which should be due. Yes with free trade stuff is duty free, but it's not sales tax free

Option 2: Home - CrossBorder Pickups

Some guys on another message board recommend option 2. I will try it out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am buying affects how I see $38-$70. Crazy for an oil filter for my Lotus each spring. Fine for a new 200XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    Oh I know all to well how things can get hung up with customs in Most all parts of South East Asia. I was stationed there for 6 years. And YES Its amazing what a bottle Of Jack Daniels or Crown Royal can get done. Or sometimes some Palm Greasing.

But Connecting Countries??? I mean theres supposed to be NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) in place??
    Bud I see things have not changed, remember my gearcase? You had put your value for the coating on the customs form, Insured value of case at $1000.00. they decided to charge me customs fees on the insured value of the my case that was sent for a service. Not the lesser actual service. Asshats just find a way to get as much tax as they can. Pretty sure NAFTA only applies to big companies shipping to companies across borders not small companies shipping to private people.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

19. Likes HStream1, RussF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF You Buy Enough STUFF YOU ARE HAVING MADE over seas YOU SOON CAN NOT BUY ANYTHING EXCEPT WHAT THEY WANT TO SELL YOU. The Few are selling us to other countries. They steal your inventions just because you gave it to them to steal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast