Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely fill it, yes. If it sits with water in it and theres any porosity in the welds where the old water pickups were then the water can migrate through at flake your putty. I had a case that did that every run until I filled the cavity. Bad welds was the problem, but filling with a rubberish epoxy the solution. I don't remember the product I used, but you dont wanna use something that rigid if you can help it cause that part of the case expands and contracts due to exhaust heat. Then your fill can crack away from the housing at the edges and water will get trapped there once again. Thats way more technical than most people go, but its my 0.02

Fill it all the way up to the bottom of where your hose is tapped through.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200429_104410(1).jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	444.1 KB 
ID:	485080

Normally the boss be catchin you slippin...its the other way at this shop/ he always tryna save a dollar for the customers...even though in the end it could cost them more.

Side note on this for anyone who overheats pumps: even if theres no rubber transfer from the impeller to the stainless cup make sure that the cup doesnt spin or recess itself into the plastic housing. I see it ALL the time where pumps overheat and the stainless cup spins or melts into the housing. Dead giveaway is if you see ANY melting of the housing around where the driveshaft comes out of the pump housing under the slinger. If this shows any melting then toss the housing. It indicates the cup de-laminated from the plastic at some time and may have shifted. If the cup melts upward then it won't seal right where it meets the wear plate. I catch my boss surfacing housings on a sanding block and tryna save $10 or whatever our cost is...
    Last edited by 25two.stroke; 04-05-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MY cup has shifted, just like you say. not square in housing. i think i would get a long with your boss fine, we need to re-cycle more. its not really about the 10 bucks, ask him....old school works. cant thank you enough, ART. Hows that pic?
    Last edited by KIRCHNER; 04-05-2021 at 07:44 PM.

3. Likes 25two.stroke liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3