Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sellers not replying to ???"s

I'm new on here, but I've noticed a lot of the sellers on here never replying back to peoples questions on their items for sale. Personally, I think it's pretty sad. I'm thinking why bother asking a question anymore? Not trying to ruffle feathers here, just wondering why people put ads up on here if they're not going to check the site and answer people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    personally i have not seen that attitude - sometimes people making statements as above should take a look at themselves .

3. Likes FAST RALLY SPORT, 86shadow, Groucho liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kellytheaker View Post
    personally i have not seen that attitude - sometimes people making statements as above should take a look at themselves .

My intentions with my post was not to start a rift with anyone, after all I did state "Not trying to ruffle feathers here". Apparently, I have yours. I have been looking for a 2.5 FF powerhead or block in just about any condition (as long as it doesn't have a hole in the side) for a long time even before I joined this site. I own and race an F1 and need a back-up powerhead.

What I've noticed on this site is there are many people selling complete motors where people have asked, "Are you willing to sell only the powerhead" with no reply. In some posts, several people ask the same question without any response. My suggestion to those sellers if they sold it then mark it as such or reply back. It is the courteous thing to do, but then maybe I'm just old and have outdated ethics.

I suggest you go down on some of these posts and see if what I'm saying is true.

As for your comment about me taking a look at myself, I do not see a problem. I believed my original post should have not been insulting to anyone, but it's evident by your post it was to you. I should've known better considering our sensitive culture these days that someone would have been offended. Too bad for them. I'm done!
    Last edited by F166; 02-25-2021 at 04:18 PM.

5. Likes speed4george liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey...F166..... things have been slow on this site... many want to keep the FF blocks I have many..... give me a cal at 757 665 1819 Dave S.

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a whole mot is for sale. Don't ask for just the powerhead. If I have a 1986 Chevy 1500 truck for sale don't ask if I will sell just the 350 in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you ask "is this still available" you won't get a responce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of us old guys don't have thoes fancy new computer phones that ring and let us know immediately when someone posts "is this still available " and we don't have that phone glued to our hand all day and nite.

10. Likes 25two.stroke liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    Hey...F166..... things have been slow on this site... many want to keep the FF blocks I have many..... give me a cal at 757 665 1819 Dave S.

Thank you Dave for responding. I have something in the works right now, but if it fails to go though I'll give you a call. Would you consider shipping one?

This is for the other comments to my posts:
    There's a lot of tired motors posted on here with lower units missing and such that are the ones for the most part not responding to peoples questions with a reply. I have yet to ask a question (save one) about separating a powerhead from one of these to what appears to be pretty much junk outboards (the one I did responded no because he didn't want to mess with shipping), but I certainly would never ask one to be separated from a complete running motor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's lots of people wasting time just to type and talk with no intention to buy. Yep tire lickers, or wanna buy but can't, do you fall in this category?

13. Likes roadkill636 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merc 2.5 View Post
    There's lots of people wasting time just to type and talk with no intention to buy. Yep tire lickers, or wanna buy but can't, do you fall in this category?

What started out to be a "benign" comment after viewing many posts going back months has now turned into something malignant. I simply had noticed many sellers on here that do not answer other peoples questions (not mine, since I only had post "one" question which was answered and after I deleted it) which I viewed as problematic. I was searching for a 2.5 FF powerhead (block) that was tired >low on compression or even scored cylinders. I wanted to build it as a "backup" race powerhead for the F1 series we run in. I have the F1 rods, pistons and crank to use in the engine build. I've built many motors before including the one's for our sprint car we race too.

I realize now this is not the site to look for anything or to conduct transactions for a purchase. Therefore, I will remove myself from this site to meet all of your needed satisfaction. Good bye.

15. Thanks roadkill636 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F166 View Post
    What started out to be a "benign" comment after viewing many posts going back months has now turned into something malignant. I simply had noticed many sellers on here that do not answer other peoples questions (not mine, since I only had post "one" question which was answered and after I deleted it) which I viewed as problematic. I was searching for a 2.5 FF powerhead (block) that was tired >low on compression or even scored cylinders. I wanted to build it as a "backup" race powerhead for the F1 series we run in. I have the F1 rods, pistons and crank to use in the engine build. I've built many motors before including the one's for our sprint car we race too.

I realize now this is not the site to look for anything or to conduct transactions for a purchase. Therefore, I will remove myself from this site to meet all of your needed satisfaction. Good bye.
    This seems like a horrible scenario to get involved with but here goes.... It is hard for some of the long time members (10+ yrs) to read your comments as a new member since there are a lot of peeps that are vested DEEPLY in this site (me included), not just them, but their money as well.

That being said, some do not like to hear criticism from a new member whether they have a legit point or not, especially when they do not donate to the site. Don't take it personal as this is the reason why I love this site! There kinda is an amount of respect that has to be earned here by being a contributing factor before throwing out your "opinions/questions" on anything. I am not trying to be rude and hope you reconsider your decision.

On your point of SOME people posting things for sale and not replying to questions, or at all------you are accurate IMO. Most of the time I notice this is when they are newer-ish members that probably post something for sale on multiple different forums (I assume) and may not be able to keep up with themselves. Or, the item may sell long before you see the post and they just ignore anything about it as they don't care anymore. I understand your frustration cause it bothers me when people post something for sale and never respond to the post ONCE.....for whatever reason! Mark it sold for future pricing reference or delete is what I would like to see but most of us cannot control that.

I was new to this site and said things that had people jumping down my throat for something that I thought wasn't a big deal, but apparently it was. Don't let it discourage you....most people here are very passionate about the site and are sick of new people talking stupid chit (not saying you, or your question) and they react heavy on some things but that can be a good thing, sometimes LOL

The new tech era of life has permanently changed this site and for some of us, it is hard to accept the new "normal" lifestyle since once upon a time this used to be the place we came to in order to get away from reality cause we were intrigued by this new "internet forum" thing and many of us still see it as that & suck at adjusting
    I have a boat or two.... that I never get to drive

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by F166 View Post

Its simple. The people that don't reply back to a question because they don't want to because you are new are just your typical old fashioned dick heads. They can't help it. Its unprofessional and rude. Thats why people come here hoping for something good and end up leaving just like you did and for good reason. You did nothing wrong bud. That sums it up quick and easy.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazymaan View Post
    Its simple. The people that don't reply back to a question because they don't want to because you are new are just your typical old fashioned dick heads. They can't help it. Its unprofessional and rude. Thats why people come here hoping for something good and end up leaving just like you did and for good reason. You did nothing wrong bud. That sums it up quick and easy.
    Well said. I stopped coming on here a while back just because I got sick of seeing that. And here I am, first time back in probably a year, and this is one of the first things I see. Don’t get me wrong, I have met some great people due to this site, but the arrogant keyboard warriors get old. I guess you will find that anywhere though.
    Last edited by matty b; 04-03-2021 at 06:16 AM. Reason: I’m stupid
    1973 Checkmate MX-16 2.0 150 SOLD
    1979 Vector 2.4 200 SOLD
    1988 Vegas XT 225HO D.I.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get this. A lot of these big mouths don't even own a boat or haven't for over 20yrs.
    If I don't ask any questions, I'll never learn anything.

20. Likes roadkill636 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the questions could be avoided if the person selling would delete their ad, after the item has sold.
    1977 Python Inline150
    Carlson CT15/90 RUDE(SWEET AND LOW). SOLD!
    Bentley 200Cruise/90hp Evinrude. SOLD!
    Talon18/150Merc: Getting Upgrades. SOLD!
    77 Viking recored SOLD!
    97 Moomba Boomerang SOLD!
    00 Mirage Ski Racer 2.5 200 SOLD!
    1997 Superboat 454/Magnum

[IMG][/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast