Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1980 Sleekcraft SST/Merc 225 EFI

This boat is a complete rebuild from the keel up. Followed the rebuild thread created by "getboats" back in august 2012 of his sst with rotten transom. Transom and transom knees layed up with coosa blue water 26#, layers of 1708 with epoxy resin. Floor, dash, ribs and seat bases all coosa. Check out youtube "how to flip a sleekcraft in your garage" for video of us turning the boat. Can provide many before and after pictures of the rebuild. Accessories included in the rebuild include seastar hydraulic steering, bob's 4" setback manual jackplate (can be converted to electric), imco fuel switchover, bennett bolt trim tabs, livorsi gauges w/gps speedo, land and sea foot throttle. Custom upholstry on coosa frames. Custom paint by local speed shop. The 1997 merc 225 efi is all stock and runs well. Trailer was disassembled and powdercoated and has new wheeels and tires. Full boat/engine cover included. $18,500. Located in portland, oregon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1872 (2).JPG   ggp_DO-Q.jpg   3Ol_uekQ.jpeg   Tvhq6rcw.jpg   rsCbl3Yg.jpeg  

esi_Yexw.jpeg   w0H6qgyw.jpeg   fqpziJgg.jpeg   yfylR7_A.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beautiful boat, love the color - what kind of speed are you seeing with current set up?
    God, Country, and Fast Boats
    SPECIAL BOAT TEAM 12/ HSB'S SOC NSWU-1

Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. And when your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that they weep and pray for more time that they may live there life over in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a Hero going home.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen 70 on the GPS. Running the 23P Laser II prop that came with the engine. A prop that is correct for this setup and jacking the engine would bring that number up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nose Cone w/ low water pick-up would allow you to run the prop shaft even with the bottom of the boat. Could likely turn a 26” prop at that point and be in the low 80’s. Beautiful SST. ��

5. Likes specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What length is the boat? 21?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where was that first pic taken? Willamette? Columbia?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Responding to the three replies: Picture is taken on the Columbia River. The boat length is 20'. Regarding trying to wring more speed out of the boat, I know there is much more potential with nosecone, raising the engine and a new prop. I just have not pursued this. This would be a good opportunity for a new owner. I feel the boat is built to take it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Guys and Gals - I took a flier on the price for my Sleekcraft after reviewing other postings. I know that you cannot get the money invested back out and the price asked is well under the investment. That said, with the cumulative experience and knowledge out there, where should I be setting the price for this boat? Your honest feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean...its a SUPER clean rig. I don't think the price is too far out. There are 2 things in my opinion that are keeping it from selling: the type of hull and the power:weight ratio of the motor.
    The hull: there isn't that much info on them on this site compared to STVs, Allisons, hydrostreams etc. so you have to wait till someone comes around who either knows those hulls, has been searching for one, or just falls in love with the lines/colors. I was considering it but I think its a bit too heavy for what I want. I don't run 3.0 motors and this hull looks well suited for a 3.0
    The motor: 225 hp is easy to get but the 3.0 fishin motor block you have is super heave to be getting that 225. Not sure the exact weight difference (I know someone here will mention it) but a 225 promax, a 220 efi 2.4, or even a 200 xri with mods would be quite a bit lighter and possibly faster because of that. That being said, it looks like it handles the 3.0 so it would be stupid fun with a 250 or 300. You are at the bottom of the available hp range with that 225 3.0, so you are (in my eyes) at the lower end of the potential for this hull...

So that means a buyer who is trying to go FAST not just cruise would need to do some serious tweaking to get this to its max potential, and your current list price does not typically accompany a hull needing setup. This is my opinion based on what I have seen sell and the boats I've bought and sold over the years. I would keep your price in that ballpark and wait for that person who falls in love with the boat and has to have it. If you separated the hull and the motor you would be far fetched to get 18,000, so I don't think thats a good option...

11. Likes Rak Rua, Fulltilt liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Sleek was running a Yammy 250 and ran consistently upper 90's and lower 100's.
    There's a great post on S&F of his rebuild and testing to win the Parker Enduro a few years back.
    You have a gorgeous Sleek that's very capable of running mid 80's with interior, fuel tanks and stuff
    I would think the market is 10 to 14. JMO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p284013679-6.jpg 
Views:	2575 
Size:	399.4 KB 
ID:	483796

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not sure it’s the price, if someone thought it was a couple of grand over, they’d contact you and make an offer. Besides, what else can you buy for under 20k.......? Not much.
    As posted by 25two stroke, maybe just a lesser known brand or the market is younger buyers who crave 80 or 90 mph? It does everything it was built to do (40 years ago) but needs someone to appreciate the ‘vintage factor’. IMO, it’s a beautiful looking boat, and it sounds like the work has been done properly. Dropping your price may get a buyer but if it doesn’t work, you’ll establish a new low point and appear desperate.

I’m new on here but been lurking for a while. If the waters I boat in were suited to the low freeboard, I’d have contacted you already. Hope you get some serious interest soon.

RR
    Last edited by Rak Rua; 03-11-2021 at 07:49 PM.

14. Likes 25two.stroke liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for all your valuable input. Scream and Fly is a great site with such a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember these...there were a few running around this area. Jets and OB's. I think I saw an IO version once.

I watched I think it was Kim Howard?...Racing one of these at Havasu way back early eighties. Just hung out the nose up and kept going. Seemed to handle the chop pretty well. it was fun to watch. They were nicely built and finished. You did a nice job on your boat. It looks great.

17. Likes Baker343 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kim Howard Havasu 1983
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kim Howard 1.jpg 
Views:	2398 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	483836
    Last edited by Baker343; 03-13-2021 at 11:24 AM.

19. Thanks scott reierson thanked for this post
    Likes larslindroth liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is exactly the way I remember it running. Thanks for posting

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast