Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my toy back yesterday from Jack

Jack worked his yearly magic on my A-boat and as always it looks brand new again, except the rear interior which has not replaced for a couple of years now.
    I am sooo ready for warmer weather so we can head to the Springs.
    I am going to run it by Charlie and Ed's as soon as the gearcase seals arrive [for its Annual and new waterpump].
    Hope to see ya'll out there soon.....

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You put a 300XS on your Grandsport ? What do you think ? Any pictures ? Speeds ? Comments ? Did I miss a thread where you talked about this ? Very interesting !! Cool stuff !!

MDS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    JR you need to post some pics! Lol...

How do you like it with the new XS?

Quote Originally Posted by JR IN JAX View Post
    Jack worked his yearly magic on my A-boat and as always it looks brand new again, except the rear interior which has not replaced for a couple of years now.
    I am sooo ready for warmer weather so we can head to the Springs.
    I am going to run it by Charlie and Ed's as soon as the gearcase seals arrive [for its Annual and new waterpump].
    Hope to see ya'll out there soon.....
    2006 Spectre 24' SCS
    2020 Mercury 300 ProXS

2001 Allison XB2003
    2006 Mercury 250XS

1988 22' Velocity (sold)

1995 Allison Grand Sport (sold)
    1998 Mercury Stock 2.5-260 SS

1990 Velocity 30' - 502's (sold)

Go Daddy Go! Racing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love the 300XS. I get 30% better fuel economy and use half as much oil as my 2.5. It idles like a "Fishing Motor" mile-after-mile.
    As far as the non-ratcheting gearcase, I must be such a bad driver that I can't tell the difference. It floats easily with five passengers and has done 90 GPS with 4 heavy adults. It cruises in the mid 70's with 2 adults and burns about 11 GPH [on the Floscan]. The only glitch it has had was shutting off after a very long idle only zone, which I solved by putting a kit into the pulse pump. Other than that, it runs flawless. I did just replace the 23 year old shift cable that got so stiff that my Wife was hitting the dock and trailer [damaging the Gelcoat].
    As soon as the weather warms up, I will pull the Allison storage cover back off and shoot a couple of pictures of Jack's work which includes some changes in the pad....

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

5. Thanks mikesufka thanked for this post
    Likes Ziemer, HydroSkreamin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you strung it out for top speed at all ? I always thought that would be a great combo. Nice work.

MDS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesufka View Post
    Have you strung it out for top speed at all ? I always thought that would be a great combo. Nice work.

MDS
    We took it to Silver Glenn today and cruising across Lake George with the modified pad was 79@ 4600 RPM with two adults, 30 gallons of fuel and 85# of cooler and gear. I burned 3 gallons between Welatka ramp and Silver Glenn at that speed. I took it to 81 but hit some wakes which gave the hull a fairly radical wobble. I am pretty sure 6200 RPM on smooth water should be close to 100.

Allison GSE 300XS