Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the Craziest Driving you witnessed, or did yourself in the past?

Here is today’s crazy scenario that, I witnessed, and illustrated by graphic positions.

1) This young girl (late teens or early 20’s) with a male passenger.
    2) She drives in front of me real slow, like an old person or a beginner.
    3) Then she jumps the curb (bang) and then I hear her tires squealing and speedy up.
    I think she is going to hit the wall.

4) Then in my mirrors, I see her reenter onto the road behind me.
    I do not know the state of her mind (pissed off, lunacy or does not know how to drive). I am concern she will run into the back of my car, and I hurriedly move forward as far as I can from her.

5) Then she accelerates and moves fast, onto the car lane next to me. And proceeds to run the red light and turns left out of my sight.

6) Bye bye, thanks for not hitting my car. She is a nice looking young women, but male pursuers beware she might be a headache brewing and a disturbed basket-case.
    And another factor added to the drama. A young male over at the eatery, is running on foot towards the red light, yelling she has a flat tire.

Thanks goodness I do not live in this part of town.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crazy women driver.JPG 
Views:	149 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	482823

2. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was driving south on I75 in Detroit and traffic started to slow. I ducked right to take an exit but then saw what was slowing traffic. A guy in a Lincoln was swerving, trying to shake another man off the hood of his car. The guy on the hood already had one arm in a cast. I got by and did not look back.

4. Likes Lake X Kid, CDave, Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decades ago, I went back to the old hometown area (I think it might have been for a high school reunion). So I am with some school buddies, and one of them mentions Alan is in town, on military leave.

So eventually three of us get into Al’s sports car to go somewhere, but I do not recall where and why. Then Alan starts driving real fast, on the residential lakefront road. And it becomes obvious he had been drinking excessively.

When I am not comfortable with someone’s driving skills and, they drive faster then the speed, which I think they can handle. My concern heightens to being a little nervous. That night Alan set me to wondering what am I, doing getting in this situation and car.

This is Florida, and guess what lies ahead, which we are approaching at a fast pace with an inebriated driver. A bridge over a canal awaits us, which connects two local lakes together. Heading westbound you make a sweeping right-hand corner, before you cross over the bridge.

I did not want to get trapped in a car, at the bottom of a muddy canal. Thank goodness and the lord above, Alan negotiated across the bridge safely. BUT!

After crossing the bridge, he then did a complete 360 degree spin on the two lane road. And we did not end up in the ditch. I do not recall, if he stalled the car or not. But we, three passengers bailed out of his car. And in the darkest of night, we hid in the deep ditch from Alan.

Alan still in the car, starts driving slowing down the road. Calling out our names, asking where we are. After a half of mile of driving away, he turns the car around and drives slowly back towards us. He is looking for us, to get back in the car with him. We reason he has comeback to a reasonable sober cognizant. We rejoin him and get back in the car (it’s too far to walk otherwise). We all got home and, survived to tell the story of reckless youth.

6. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've seen some crazy driving in my life. One of the most idiotic, if not the most idiotic move I ever witnessed was a car, females, driving on I-10, in the left lane and right after going over an overpass, she comes to a complete stop on the interstate, so she can drive across the median and get in the opposite lane.
    Why did she do this, because she missed her exit. I was the person right behind her when she pulled this idiotic move to top all idiotic moves I laid on my horn and when I passed her she was looking at me like I was the crazy one.

Another time I had to slam on my brakes because this young girl not only ran a red light but made a left turn while texting on her phone. I never saw her look up the whole time she did this.

Then another time I had to slam on my brakes because of two morons. The first moron, driving a panel van, so I cannot see why he decided to come to a complete stop in the middle of a very busy road. The reason was to let a young girl Jay-Walk across this very busy 4 lane street, all the while her eyes are glued to her phone. If I hadn't slowed down when I saw the moron come to a stop I would have hit that girl with her head looking down at her phone. She never even noticed I almost hit her. Also, just 20 yards to her right was a crosswalk at the signal light.

The last two instances I describe happened near my home which is near the local State University. God help us all.
    Last edited by CDave; 02-19-2021 at 09:17 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

8. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Driving back from the everglades on SR 29 towing my boat on a sunday afternoon. Tired from a long camping trip. See in the distance, lots of cop lights. 20 +. Out in front is a black dude and his woman. Doing at least 100 mph. They cross into my lane for a head on crash. Crazy! She is fighting him for the steering wheel. I go left and they follow, still a head on. Last second I swerve to the right and they go off the road and flip /crash killing them both. The boat trailer was up on two wheels, wife was screaming and peed herself. They had robbed and shot up a mcdonalds in Naples Fl. Cops chased them for 40 miles. I stopped and the cops said thanks for crashing them. Say what? I felt we were lucky to be alive. Let me tell you, I had a lot more respect for my expedition and it's high speed maneuverability after that. I really felt I needed a drink of JD after that. Every time I go by that spot I say a little prayer.....Thank you God for my quick reflexes....And my Expedition....Believe it or not. True story....

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

10. Likes Lake X Kid, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here's another one, Coming home from an offshore service call out of Venice, La. I get stuck in a traffic jam in New Orleans for 2 hours. I'm heading westbound, this point is important, on the Interstate and when we finally get to where the cause of the jam is at, it's a car that caught on fire.... on the service road of the eastbound lane!!!!!

Man if I was capable of Telekinesis, that day there would have been about 100 cars stacked one on top of the other right next to that burnt-up car.
    Last edited by CDave; 02-19-2021 at 10:17 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way back in the eighties I was driving north on Highway 52 in Northern Iowa heading into Gutenberg. The highway starts out on top of the bluffs next to the Mississippi and drops steeply at about 20 percent into town at river level. In the middle is a sharp bend with a guard rail stopping a drop off of about 200 feet. I was driving this part of the road when I look into my rear view to see a full size van bounding end over end down the road behind me and then vaulting over the guard rail and out of sight over the edge. It took me awhile to process what I had seen and then hit the gas to get to town and call the cops (pre cell phone). Never did find out what happened to the occupant(s) of the van.
    1971 Sidewinder 14 SS w Johnson 90 v-4
    1959 Texas Maid Falcon w Mercury Mark 35A
    1981 Sylvan Sportster w Johnson 85 v-4
    2006 Harris pontoon with a Yamaha 90
    1969 Sunfish sailboat

13. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kissimmee to Orlando bar hopping on a very well prepped gsxr in six minutes. No leathers and I was bleeding from shirt whip on my shoulder blades.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was driving home from my brothers lake place late one night around the 4th last summer. It was around midnight. I'm southbound on MN65, a four lane highway speed limit 65mph. I make this drive at least twice a week all summer.

I'm cruising along and notice a minivan to my left also traveling south. And I'm thinking there's no service road on that side of 65 here. There's not a lot of street lights along this stretch so I couldn't be sure I was seeing what I was seeing. But sure as sh*t this lady is driving the wrong way, she's southbound in the northbound lanes.

So I slow down and start following along with her thinking I'm going to see a head on collision any minute. She stayed to her right and everyone northbound was able to keep right. Thank God she didn't cause a crash. I stayed with her for a few miles and was thinking about calling the cops but knowing how long it would take for them to get there and locate her it wasn't worth it.

Thankfully when we got to the next stop light she realized what she was doing and got in the southbound lanes.

Peoples level of stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

16. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    150 mph in my old Z28 with bias ply tires....

18. Likes CDave, tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    150 mph in my old Z28 with bias ply tires....
    On bias ply you topped my speed.
    I and two buddies were coming back from surfing at Cocoa Beach, and on a rural road I had my 289 ci wide open ... 120+ mph.

Then I came to my senses and thought of those used tires and our lives at stake, and went back to a double digit speed.