Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Exclamation IMPORTANT: Everybody Please Read!

Hi All,

This is very important.

From the very beginnings of this site, I always said that I would do my best to always make sure that every single voice here shapes the direction of what I do here. So many of you have contributed so much over the years that I could never thank you enough, and I would never take that kind of loyal support for granted.

With this said, over the last two years I have been managing a family heath-related matter which has, over time, required more and more time and effort. That has had the effect of reducing the amount of time I have been able to devote to monitoring the forums - not just for its fantastic content, but that it stays true to the site that I think we all want - an all-ages, friendly place for trading tips, showing our awesome boats motors, and making friends.

I want to keep this site free of any offensive content. That includes any personal attacks against other members, as well as content that is offensive in any manner. All content here must be suitable for all ages.

Overall, this community has been very well behaved, however there are some posts here that takes things a bit too far, and I will be removing and editing them as necessary. If there is any content here that anybody finds offensive or insulting, please press the little triangle button at the bottom of each post to report it to me. I also want to encourage members to contact me for any concerns.

Along those lines, the news and political section in this site will probably be removed. Politics is always a very volatile subject and unfortunately that section has become more about opposing forces than discussion. The last thing I want to do is create a forum that encourages fighting.

I appreciate you all reading, and I am so grateful to be a part of this incredible community!

Thank you so much everybody, for all you have done for me and S&F over the last 20 years.
    Greg

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

2. Likes Tcatrett, Li'l Toy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kids in a sand box throwing turds......they will get in another puddle and stomp their feet. Then the good kids will have muddy paint legs.Mr Greg.....ya have my prays.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope things go well with your family's health problems. I was my sister's caretaker for 8 months until we had to put her in a nursing home. It is a tough thing to do. Taking care of someone and not being able to fix their health issues and battling with your own health too. I will pray for you and your family.

I do hope you don't shut down any forums. I think it would make some happy but it is nice to have a place to voice concerns. I agree on people should treat others like they want to be treated.
    I try my best to stay cordial with my replies and treat others the way I want to be treated. I do try to stay true to my Christian beliefs. It's never a good idea to lower yourself. Hate doesn't fix problems, it only makes them worse.
    Last edited by CDave; 02-19-2021 at 01:50 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

5. Likes XstreamVking, Lake X Kid, dgscroggs liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prayers for you and your family.

7. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks , Greg , for all you do ! I like S&F for its boating content and ignore the politics . I always think I may be wrong but what if you are .Stick to boating and flush the politics !! Again , thanks , stay well , and God Bless .
    why ask me ?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will alway be at odds with politics. Personally, I rather see them duke it out here on the forums rather than have the same conversations over a few drinks at the get-togethers.............. it could get ugly in person............
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .