Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey madmerc,what did your bank say when you told them you were scammed on the wire transfer. They should be able to have info on person with account where money was sent.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perfmarine1 View Post
    Hey madmerc,what did your bank say when you told them you were scammed on the wire transfer. They should be able to have info on person with account where money was sent.
    because I waited 10 days for engine to be shipped he already withdrawn the money and closed the account, nothing they could do

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received a message from Dosebaums on 2/08/2021 I was looking for a power head he sent me an email address and told me to contact Neal. I had a feeling it was a scam. First time anyone besides a seller every sent me a message. Sorry to here about what happened to you. I wish the Government would step up and cut this Guys hands off for scamming this hard working man.
    Last edited by MR.DETERMINATION; 04-27-2021 at 12:36 AM. Reason: left out a word

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madmerc View Post
    I posted in engines wanted ,2.5 drag wanted ,a member called Dosebams messaged me and sent me an email ,ive been talking to a guy that calls himself Neal Dana from new york ,im hoping someone else might know of him he seemed to know about engines ,anyway I sent 10 k he allegedly shipped the engine ,to California ,it didn't show ,I made contact with shipper they want 2500 and said there shipping to Aus ,but no paper work ,and on closer inspection their website appears to be fake ,this is a pretty elaberote scam .I need help ,if anyone knows Neal dana I need all his info ,same with member Dosebams ,if moderaters could contact me id appreciate .
    be careful when buying ,I thought I was ,but looks like ive been had
    Ouch! I'm SO sorry to hear this! Not long ago I was looking for a motor, made a few inquiries to some people on here, and sure enough, I got PM'd to email a guy, and I did. I talked to him quite a bit, he had pictures, and a well rehearsed "schtick". As I got closer to paying some money, I requested him take a picture of himself holding the title, standing next to the motor.

Here's his response, and I never once mentioned anything about ripping anyone off. I asked him to do that because I was pretty sure it was a scam, and any decent, honest person would've been completely ok with taking a picture of him/herself with the title, and the motor, and clearly he's neither decent, nor honest! Stuff like this makes my blood boil! I truly hope this piece of garbage gets dealt with!

Not going to do that. Not looking to rip anyone off. You can call/email or text people I've worked out deals with lately

Phil in Arizona*powersound@workmail.com

Jeff in Ohio*jefferytalest@gmail.com

Charles in Florida (786) 480-2261

Here's also a picture of my ID just to let you know there's nothing to worry about.

Regards

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20210501-050336_Samsung Internet.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 years ago my wife sent $7,000, at the last minute he changed the payment to be wired to a bank of America account since we bank with them she felt safe...she said...

I called my brother who is a NY Attorney he said nothing is going to happen because It's not enough money... he was right the police made NO attempt at all just a letter to be careful in the future.

As long as the cops make NO attempt to finding these people it's game on...
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throw some bait out there, see if he bites again. I hate crooks, I'm in if I can help.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
    Throw some bait out there, see if he bites again. I hate crooks, I'm in if I can help.
    just too add more salt into my wounds I also bought off here a 2.5 ss 15 inch mid gear box and cowl from 2stroke@7000,he created it and shipped it to my freight forwarder in LA,it just arrived this week and all I got was and empty create.now ive tried to make contact with him to no avail so far so im thinking he scammed me ,my shipper has never had this happen in 30 years so doubts it was stolen on the warf etc ,ive searched on here his other posts he has a phone number on one of them no answer yet ,no response to pm or email so far if anyone knows this Jacob Avery in LA please help me locate him it would be appreciated

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO way you can be this unlucky
    PLEASE TELL ME YOU USED PAYPAL THIS TIME PLEASE ��

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes PayPal on this one, but its been 5 months,ive got the bank involved as wells need 2stroke@7000 who ever he is to contact me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you use PayPal for goods or services
    Why 5 months
    No need to get bank involved if used PayPal paying for goods or services
    PayPal will handle everything

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if this guy shares the same name as me then I am personally offended. I got scammed last year on this site, I try to tell myself its a risk of doin this kind of business but I know it isn't. This stuff should never happen. Fools sit on their couch and make money scamming people on sites they have no business being on. Like how can scam artists be masters at all these different types of merchandise!? They seem so knowledgeable that it seems legit. I don't know of anybody else in this area that has the same name as me and messes with high performance stuff, but I don't know everyone.

Shoot, I didn't know there was someone with the same first and last name as me going to my school for years until I met him!

PayPal is good but they too can only do so much. I have resorted to only doing in-person deals on big dollar items now...its sadly the only way to be sure. I have been scammed through paypal many times...

12. Thanks madmerc thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by madmerc View Post
    just too add more salt into my wounds I also bought off here a 2.5 ss 15 inch mid gear box and cowl from 2stroke@7000,he created it and shipped it to my freight forwarder in LA,it just arrived this week and all I got was and empty create.now ive tried to make contact with him to no avail so far so im thinking he scammed me ,my shipper has never had this happen in 30 years so doubts it was stolen on the warf etc ,ive searched on here his other posts he has a phone number on one of them no answer yet ,no response to pm or email so far if anyone knows this Jacob Avery in LA please help me locate him it would be appreciated
    Jacob is a stand up dude! "25two.stroke" Jacob i mean. Maybe the scammer is trolling profiles to assume identities too? No limits with these mofos!
    Last edited by Smalltownbassin; 05-03-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    "The character of a man can be easily judged by how he treats those who can do nothing for him"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you posted Jacob. Saved me a phone call as I had communicated with madmerc over this deal. I told him I had several dealings with you and all went well. Years ago my mother sent me a clipping out of the local paper and sure enough there is an article about a thief in southern Illinois with the same name as mine. Seems he and his girlfriend had been on a burglary spree in the Carthage area. So Mom has a note clipped to this newspaper clipping and asks why I hadn't told her about this and who the hell is Kimberly. Then a short time later there is an editorial about this modern day Bonnie and Clyde in the same paper. I can only imagine what many thought that hadn't been around me for years. Knew he would never amount to anything.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

15. Likes Smalltownbassin liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Glad you posted Jacob. Saved me a phone call as I had communicated with madmerc over this deal. I told him I had several dealings with you and all went well. Years ago my mother sent me a clipping out of the local paper and sure enough there is an article about a thief in southern Illinois with the same name as mine. Seems he and his girlfriend had been on a burglary spree in the Carthage area. So Mom has a note clipped to this newspaper clipping and asks why I hadn't told her about this and who the hell is Kimberly. Then a short time later there is an editorial about this modern day Bonnie and Clyde in the same paper. I can only imagine what many thought that hadn't been around me for years. Knew he would never amount to anything.

Rock
    Yeah this thread caught my attention (as it has to many) because I had a similar dealing as was mentioned before with Neal Dana or Dana Neal or whatever. He has a few thousand of my dollars...
    That other guy madmerc is talking about, I've seen his posts and nothing really seems off, so I don't know there. I hope it gets resolved if its legit or that guy gets busted if hes a scam. I know I sent a few hundred to the wrong guy on paypal the other day...I thought that money would sure be gone as there are so few legit people nowadays and it was my own mistake...but I sent him a message and he sent the money back no problem. So there may still be some good left in this world.

17. Thanks madmerc thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He might be using a fake name I’m not sure yet here was his pay pal details
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	639B93CA-1400-4ABB-9F1E-A2DAB3A63DC6.jpg