Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    Yeah, the news really digs into those stories up here. Last week it was all they could talk about when York, Jersey and the rest of the east coast was getting hit with snow. I turned it off because I could really care less if it is snowing hundreds of miles away from me. They were really laying it on thick, and we were expecting a storm and then the temperatures to drop but all they could talk about is what was happening somewhere else. And don't worry about it, I do not want to live there. I hear enough about "Florida man" that I want nothing to do with that state. That and the humidity, you can keep it.
    Don't forget about the bugs and critters too.Winter sucks here for sure but it's a trade off.
    I may be slow but im ahead of you. *hit's only ankle deep but you went in head first.

2. Likes tnelsmn, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XP300 View Post
    Attachment 482188Attachment 482187Attachment 482189
    You were in the area JPEROG
    Should have stopped by for some Outlaw Snowmobile Drag racing
    A 140 MPH+ in 500' pass in 3 to 4 seconds at the Hi of -10F
    No Doubt the Vintage show Looked Awesome and You were in Great Company.
    Hope You Enjoyed.
    I love those new sleds but tuning, effort involved, and 130K+ price tag all keep me on the sidelines. The billet chisels are so cool, combined with the long track and chassis of today the traction on hard pack is incredible. I recently committed to a small house on Lk. Gogebic so I might build a full "lake sled" with Jason Price sometime in the near future if things go right but it won't be anywhere close to 1200 hp like Craigs latest missile-closer to 500 which is still absolutely crazy. This is 10 year old technology now and we thought they would never go faster back then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLaRhJebH8Q

You are dead on about the company I was with while in WI and next year we will be going around that track "like kids on go-karts" with a couple of my vintage projects. You are welcomed to join us if you are free and or have the desire (its a 45 min. ride to Appleton and we will pick you up).

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do not want to stand behind those starting line backer boards. A wayward pick flying off the track is a bad situation.

My nephew is a machinist at a beautiful CNC shop here in town. They worked on the development of a Big Turbo Cat recently. The horsepower coming out of that motor was hard to believe. These things are so quick the run is over in the blink of an eye.

I remember those big Mercury Sleds at the dealership in our neighborhood. I think the Red Wheel Horse's used the same hood.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, The memories of the Merc's.. Snow and Trail twisters, Lightening And the Rocket!..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racervboat View Post
    Don't forget about the bugs and critters too.Winter sucks here for sure but it's a trade off.
    Yea , it's so much worse than that .. please just stay in Minnesota .

I understand there is a "red brick BBQ" kind of smell up there .. 24 /7 ..

I'd want to stay there .. 1 vote for Trump = 3 for Biden .. what could go wrong

And ohh gee golly , we got some bugs hey !

Just go to the nearest bridge with a light facing the humidity (water) on an incoming tide. Set a net in the humidity.. keep checking .. it can get to the point where it's too heavy to lift ...

I couldn't finish tonight's appetizer ..

7. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...we get the tiger shrimp a little further down this way, in the inlet at incoming chaz. is that what those are in the pic? thousands of them. just need a bright lite or two & a net like you said. gunna be another sunny 80 degree day today, with the usual constant salt ocean breeze... you know...its the "Salt Life" like the stickers on everyones trucks down here say...
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 02-10-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by racervboat View Post

Please tell us about these critters and bugs?

What critters and what bugs ?

One spring I went to see Bill Gore in Antioch Illinois I was swarmed by all the bugs,

I asked about all the lily pads on the water since it was only spring, I guess that's how Jesus' walked on water...

Many times at boat races in places like Alabama we were Happy to get back to Fl. where we have air movement and cooler

temps, going in the water at a race in Bama Glenn Reynolds said it was 112 and no wind... at all, I never saw so

many generators and big shop fans brought in by the local spectators, we had to stop the race at one point because both the

Ambulance's were taking people to the hospital for heat stroke, then wearing the helmet and safety life jacket just added insult

to injury, I remember thinking I'm doing this for FUN?

Yes we do have humidity but I rather have it then living without any like out west, constant shock, I always wondered why

they tell you to fill gas cans on the ground I found out on a trip out west.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Splain the reason to fill the gas cans on the ground, always thought the pump nozzle had to make contact with the rim of the can to prevent static electricity??

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember ever having a gas can as in steel can, I remember my dad having one,

I do have three 500 gal steel cans but I can't pick them up yes they make contact with the ground.

I do remember my mother telling me she bought wool carpet because it was less prone to develop static electricity, I only

remember that happening in the winter time in NY.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...man forgot all about the carpet static thing. we dont get that in florida. no carpet & high humidity. doesn't happen.

13. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...we get the tiger shrimp a little further down this way, in the inlet at incoming chaz. is that what those are in the pic? thousands of them. just need a bright lite or two & a net like you said. gunna be another sunny 80 degree day today, with the usual constant salt ocean breeze... you know...its the "Salt Life" like the stickers on everyones trucks down here say...
    They run from the cold water to the shallow grass flat's . As a kid living in Dade county , the south west side of Card Sound bridge was a haven for shrimp and lobster.
    I've got a few spots up here , but being just south of the "frost line" they are transient thru our back waters. Temp, moon and tide still play a big part in when they are open for buiz.

Fish taco's for dinner last night ...

Crab dip , for my mid-mornin snack ...

Chaz = considerin how much of Mini-soda and Wis-can-senn that burned to the ground last summer ... them yankees need to just stay away from gas .. just sayin

15. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not Yankees.........BLM threat.........Nice lookin' Food there......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard that some of you old timers are so broke you have to resort to eating cat food, but I always thought it was from the can. Shame that you have to shell them and remove the poop tubes (assuming you do) before you eat those sea roaches.

As far as a sticker to let us know you are a Florida native, you don't need it. Just wear flip flops or go barefoot and when we see 12+ toes we know you are a Florida native.
    lmfao Hey now those poop tubes are for flavor. But I will just have to stick with walleye's we catch here locally.
    I may be slow but im ahead of you. *hit's only ankle deep but you went in head first.

18. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard that some of you old timers are so broke you have to resort to eating cat food, but I always thought it was from the can. Shame that you have to shell them and remove the poop tubes (assuming you do) before you eat those sea roaches.

As far as a sticker to let us know you are a Florida native, you don't need it. Just wear flip flops or go barefoot and when we see 12+ toes we know you are a Florida native.
    Thats my summer get up man , but I only have 11 toes
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

20. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess you need 12 toes for good balance while netting cat fish food.

22. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast