Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3rd day on the Job, he steals company Trade Secrets. - Is it Hard to find good help?

A software engineer has been sued by the Elon Musk-owned automobiles company, Tesla, for allegedly stealing 26,000 confidential files.

Alex Khatilov, a former employee of the company, had allegedly stolen tens of thousands of confidential files from Tesla within three days of joining the company.

Khatilov is one of the 40 employees — out of nearly 50,000 — to have access to these highly confidential scripts. However, the company also said that they had "nothing to do with his responsibilities".

He "brazenly stole thousands of trade computer scripts that took Tesla years to develop" and transferred them to his personal Dropbox account, as per Musk's company.
    However, Khatilov has denied these accusations and has claimed he was only transferring "a couple of personal administrative documents". The company's security team claims he was trying to delete the evidence.
    Khatilov said he was trying to make a backup of his folder on his computer and ended up copying the software files by mistake.

Tesla, on the other hand, does not believe their former employee's defense. The company said the stolen files represent "200 man-years of work" and is "a roadmap to copy Tesla's innovation", making these documents extremely important for the company and their competitors.

The theft was discovered by Tesla's security team on January 06 and was confronted by the team through a video call as he was working from home after joining the company on December 28.
    Tesla also claimed that Khatilov had delayed sharing his screen during the video call and also "he could be seen on video chat hurriedly deleting information from his computer."
    The former employee has denied this being a deliberate action and said, "When it happened, I was shocked. I didn't lie (about) anything"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over a decade ago, I worked at an OEM Helicopter company in California.

There was this brash and hard-nose supervisor, that reported directly to the Plant Manager.
    He was a long time employee at the company, and had more years there than I did.
    He was in charge of a couple of the departments on the production floor.

I was an office worker, but daily I would go to the manufacturing floor to check up on things.
    And this supervisor was known to be a bit of a verbal bully with some employees.
    I knew he had clout, with upper management, but I did not report to him and therefore sometimes I stood my ground against his intimidating tactics. He did not like that.

I mention a little of his company backstory, because I (and I am sure many other employees too) were caught off guard in what he eventually did. I estimate he was near a 6 figure salary (year 2011 estimate) with the company.

Here is what that Bonehead did, that will eventually jeopardize his employment there.
    On weekends, like Sunday, when the plant is closed, he would go there.

He was Stealing high-grade raw metals from the storage area. And apparently was selling the metals to the black market for extra personal income.

He loses a Gravy Supervisory Job, telling others what to do, and making a good salary.
    Last edited by Lake X Kid; 01-24-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting aside the unethical act of stealing, I am perplexed by some guys who have a semblance of intelligence.

The psychological makeup of some dudes. To risk their well paying jobs, for the instant gratification of acquiring monetary funds for the items they stolen from the company they worked for.

Honesty a welcome virtue, in both levels of the workforce —workers and management.

4. Likes CDave, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know I keep saying it but it's true. It all goes back to kids not being raised with strong morals, parents not being good examples of moral behavior, and entertainment pushing amoral behavior.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

6. Likes bullet20vee, Lake X Kid, CRH1 liked this post