Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flat out wouldn't give that info without a deposit. I have never sold junk or been dishonest about a sale. If people don't trust me when they talk to me, we'll then they 100% should walk away. If you give me a deposit to show TRUE interest, I'll jump through some hoops if you want to do lean checks etc.

In my experience, most people that are TRULY looking to buy, don't ask that type of question first off. There's a lot more discussion and information before that.

If you don't trust someone, don't buy something off them, even if it seems to be exactly what you want.

I always say "A sale is not a sale, until both parties are happy", if you can't do that then either make it happen, or move on.

Blake

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

2. Thanks JBS thanked for this post
    Likes OLEGATOR, rgsauger liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Most people want to know if the hull has any stress cracks, chips in the gel, what type of steering system, hours on the motor, condition of the trailer axle, tires, bunks, etc.

But nooo, you of twenty some odd boat sales under your belt , skips the what am I getting for my money part and only wants to know .. about the stuff you deal with at the tag agency .. your bass~ackwards style .. is the one raising red flags.

Anyone that can read .. can see your referring to the boat "Wavey" is auctioning off on his new web auction site.
    He stated : when the motor was put in service, how much wty is left and that he has a clear title for all. Do you think he would be willing to risk his reputation and therefore his two "web businesses" and his "personal freedom" for the next ten years, by selling you a stolen boat .. ???

Perhaps if you went on his site, you would see a article, write-up on the project.
    (Who in their right ******* mind would do that with stolen merch.)

My guess would be, while the boat is fresh in peoples minds that read his page, it would add to it value and recognition. Then he would use it to be the first boat to roll across the block of the auction site.
    Then I'm betting a canoli' he'll use the money to launch the next "project-write-up"

If it was me, I'd say cash only .. and please post bill : serial numbers, year, minting location .. and make sure you bring enough to pay the taxes, title transfer fee's and tags. Cuz it ain't leaving my possession until it's paid for and all legal matters with the state are complete. Lets call jumping thru all those hoops .. the moron tax
    I'm not even a little bit worried the boat is stolen and I did go through the build thread. So no, I'm also not too worried about what I'm getting for my money as far as the hull.

Knowing the HID, trailer VIN, and motor serial information would help me with insurance as I said, and it would let me check the engine's warranty history. He's not very transparent about the in-service date even though he told another poster he'd get the info for him. Saying 2019 in-service isn't specific. The difference between Jan 2019 and Dec 2019 is almost a full year of warranty that has value. And not being sure about the in-service date tells me he isn't the original owner. Did ya think of that? For all I know the engine could have been blown and rebuilt. Or had a dozen gremlin warranty issues that I'd inherit.

I get that "Wavey" as you call him is trying to market a business, Boats on Blocks. But selling your own boat on your own website and then not being cooperative with a buyer/bidder doesn't make sense to me. It just doesn't. I'm not a 5 post noobee. I've bought and sold boats here, and engines, and uncounted props, parts, etc. Never a single complaint that I didn't immediately fix. I have credibility. And ignoring private messages doesn't make sense. It can only bring bad press not good.

Having said all that I do agree it's a huge risk to let a registered (anything) go until you know it's been registered by the new owner. I sold a motorcycle about 15 years ago. Let it go with cash in hand and the buyer took the title. 2 years later an wrecker/impound company contacted me and I owed twice what I got for the bike to start with because it was never transferred. But occasionally you have to do this to get something sold; like to peeps out of state.
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    Ahhhh I didn't do any research.... you got me LOL
    Please send canoli' to 1-800-EAT-GOOD ...

F-3 ,
    Have you been to the auction in Daytona or Orlando .. ???
    They don't hand you the keys and say , take it for a spin. If your standing on the wrong side of the car, truck, etc. you might not see the whole other side bounced off a bridge abutment. You do get to look at the odometer and the vin is in the window.

Right or wrong , as my used car manager friend say's .. I'm sorry sir, the new cars are on the other side of the dealership.

I do understand your concern's. Any time I want to buy something, i get in the truck and go look at it myself. Usually when they can take down your vehicle tag number , they don't mind pulling the cowl off and letting you take a picture of the serial number.
    Varooom or who ever they are says, never step into a dealership again. Pick what you want , and we'll drop it off .
    Not my way of buying stuff, but thats the way the world is headed.

I noticed your putting a new porkchop on a used Checkmate and it will be for sale.
    It's late January. Care to post the motor serial number, HIN , trailer MSO and state tag number ... No I didn't think so, or you would have added that to your signature line already ...

I've bought and sold 23 boats in 27 years. I fix them up and then get bored and look for another. It's a hobby but I've learned a LOT about boats along the way. And I still don't know chit.

Checkmate 24 is my current project. 2021 300R being installed late January. When I have the boat 100% I'll start using it and put it for sale.

5. Likes OLEGATOR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a thread asking for opinions. Why are you hacking at me?

I didn't ask him to POST this info Chaz. I asked for it yes, a pm would be fine. I asked in the thread and by pm.

Yes I was a buyer for a small dealer and at Manheim at Daytona we COULD get in the cars, start them, and drive them around the Manheim property. I can't speak to Orlando auctions policies.
    Last edited by TraceF3; 01-23-2021 at 10:20 AM.
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s hard sometimes with the big distance some of us will travel to buy a boat. If you don’t know the seller or the history it doesn’t seem out of line to ask for all the details like the hin and whatnot. For me it was never to see if the boat was stolen it was to see when the hull was built and by who? I was trying to find a Spaeth hull for the longest time which you can id with the hin. Helpful info and if any of the people I asked for that number had of shown it was a Spaeth hull I would have bought it. It’s a moot point for me now I bought a hull to restore myself.
    Hydrostream dreamin

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted there are other reasons to want the HIN other than to check if it's stolen or has a lien on it. I usually ask for the HIN if the guy looks shady or if they say they "don't have a title but it's easy to get, I'll give you a bill of sale"....plenty of those around and you better have it checked out. There's a lot of shady people down here in South Fla, have to be smart about it when you buy.

I see where you're coming from F3, but "Wavey" probably has a full inbox of questions about the boat and probably is paranoid about giving out serial numbers and such. If he didn't think is were a problem, he could easily post it in the ad. If the guy has the title in his name and a bill of sale for the engine, then he has nothing to worry about and, in my opinion, should not worry about giving out the HIN and serial number. But that is his choice and we have to respect that.

Go on FB Marketplace and a lot of the cars for sale by dealers have the VIN right in the ad. If someone is the legal owner of what they are selling, it would be very hard for a crook to do anything with the HIN, VIN etc.... if it were that easy to steal something that way, a crook would just take the VIN, make a fake bill of sale then report the car stolen and have the police go get it for him........ but that does not happen.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Why is it that you (many) can say or ask derogatory statements , yet when they get an "opinion" that's not to their liking .. it becomes a personal attack.
    Of course the world revolves around you. Perhaps your the 897 th person in line kicking tires, asking questions .. then the second you don't get an immediate response , the seller is hiding something.
    What are you hiding, I see you haven't updated your signature yet ..

What color is the Checkmate, any wear or rips in the seat, when were the cables lubed last .. do you have documentation of that. What condition are the trailer and muffler bearings. I have no intentions of buying your boat, just have a million questions and and it's my day off, you don't mind me wasting yours .. do ya ???
    See my point

When I was selling my 21' Superboat , a guy texted me back and fourth 145 times. Pic of this , pic of that , why this , why that . More pics , more texts. We struck a deal about 1 more text away from .. look buy the ******* thing or don't , but don't text me any more .. I'm blocking your number. The last thing he said was ... I don't know if my mom and dad will let me go that far with that much money.
    I showed my wife and asked .. what is this . she laughed and said , you already know it's a kid .
    A few days later a guy calls and says , tell me about this boat my kid can't live without .. send me some pictures .. LOL sir check your sons phone he has dozens already. He said he wanted it . I considered it a over the phone hand shake .
    He sent Frank Mole' to look at it. We took it out for the afternoon, watched the air show , run up and down the river , went to lunch , etc.
    He called the guy and said I've been driving it around half the day. It's a nice boat, he has a clear title ... he said pay the man.

You can't get that on E-bay , Vroom or any other sight unseen place that lives in the cloud. I wouldn't want to be a seller on one of those either. You buy my boat, get it home, take my fresh powerhead off, put your blown up one on .. get on the soapbox and start screaming foul to anyone who'll listen.

So again, if you really want something, go buy it. If you want to be lazy or it's just too far to go in person .. quit wasting the sellers time .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceF3 View Post
    I started a thread asking for opinions. Why are you hacking at me?

I didn't ask him to POST this info Chaz. I asked for it yes, a pm would be fine. I asked in the thread and by pm.

Yes I was a buyer for a small dealer and at Manheim at Daytona we COULD get in the cars, start them, and drive them around the Manheim property. I can't speak to Orlando auctions policies.
    sounds like a lack of trust on both sides of this deal. why would you want to deal with someone like that? seems pretty simple to my simple brain. WALK AWAY AND GET OVER IT.
    The "Wheel Man" of the Sunshine Syndicate

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is it that you (many) can say or ask derogatory statements , yet when they get an "opinion" that's not to their liking .. it becomes a personal attack.
    Of course the world revolves around you. Perhaps your the 897 th person in line kicking tires, asking questions .. then the second you don't get an immediate response , the seller is hiding something.
    What are you hiding, I see you haven't updated your signature yet ..

What color is the Checkmate, any wear or rips in the seat, when were the cables lubed last .. do you have documentation of that. What condition are the trailer and muffler bearings. I have no intentions of buying your boat, just have a million questions and and it's my day off, you don't mind me wasting yours .. do ya ???
    See my point

When I was selling my 21' Superboat , a guy texted me back and fourth 145 times. Pic of this , pic of that , why this , why that . More pics , more texts. We struck a deal about 1 more text away from .. look buy the ******* thing or don't , but don't text me any more .. I'm blocking your number. The last thing he said was ... I don't know if my mom and dad will let me go that far with that much money.
    I showed my wife and asked .. what is this . she laughed and said , you already know it's a kid .
    A few days later a guy calls and says , tell me about this boat my kid can't live without .. send me some pictures .. LOL sir check your sons phone he has dozens already. He said he wanted it . I considered it a over the phone hand shake .
    He sent Frank Mole' to look at it. We took it out for the afternoon, watched the air show , run up and down the river , went to lunch , etc.
    He called the guy and said I've been driving it around half the day. It's a nice boat, he has a clear title ... he said pay the man.

You can't get that on E-bay , Vroom or any other sight unseen place that lives in the cloud. I wouldn't want to be a seller on one of those either. You buy my boat, get it home, take my fresh powerhead off, put your blown up one on .. get on the soapbox and start screaming foul to anyone who'll listen.

So again, if you really want something, go buy it. If you want to be lazy or it's just too far to go in person .. quit wasting the sellers time .

What does any of this, OR car auctions in Daytona or Orlando have to do with this?

For the record I didn't say he was hiding something. YOU DID. I didn't name him, YOU DID.

I'd really like to have this boat. If I win the auction at 20 large I'll be fine with it. But I'm not bidding again if I don't get the information I feel like I need.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whatever reason, he won't say what the reserve is, but I get a feeling 20K is way below that.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

13. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What does any of this, OR car auctions in Daytona or Orlando have to do with this?

For the record I didn't say he was hiding something. YOU DID. I didn't name him, YOU DID.

I'd really like to have this boat. If I win the auction at 20 large I'll be fine with it. But I'm not bidding again if I don't get the information I feel like I need.
    You didn't seem to be versed on how auctions work in person, let alone online ..

The two threads were both on the front page , Ray Charles could see who you were talking .. err slandering.

Now that you have placed a bid .. perhaps you'll be taken more seriously ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    For whatever reason, he won't say what the reserve is, but I get a feeling 20K is way below that.
    Reserves keep expensive stuff for selling @ $5.00

The reserve is usually what it would sell for on the street. Why say what it is if there are a few locked in a bidding war that will take it above the reserve.

Towards the end of a item's time on the block, the owner can drop the reserve if the money is close enough or he just want's it gone .

No idea what the boat sells for new ... say $50,000
    Motor $18,000
    Trailer $ 4,000

Anything less than $36,000 would be considered a bargain.

See why I don't like salesmen bothering me ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that you have placed a bid .. perhaps you'll be taken more seriously ...

I bid Wednesday. BEFORE I asked for the information.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m with you all the way on the ten million questions. You want it or don’t. A few questions fine but the guys who are non stop with this that and the other can be very frustrating
    Hydrostream dreamin

18. Likes JBS liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bid Wednesday. BEFORE I asked for the information.
    Just for grins and giggles .. lets use my number of 72K new.
    It doesn't matter if you drove it for an hour or 1000 , it's still used. Half is considered fair for the buyer as well as the seller.
    I have no doubt you would love to have the boat at $20,000
    The seller might feel that since it might only have an hour on it , it's a "new build" worth $50,000 or even $72,000 because it would take John Q Public $78,000 to replicate it .
    Builders and dealers have demo boat's. They try to get 90% of new for them .. never been registered, so in their mind it's new. Bad news, it's used and worth half.
    Same thing the other way, maybe a $20,000 bid isn't ever worth entertaining. Since you might have to come up to $40,000 to actually win the auction.
    Not lookin for a bad guy here, just stating how it goes in the real world ..

Lake, it's even more frustrating with 10 guys wanting the same thing ... 10,000,000 million questions in total ... LOL
    Don't you know who I am ... Answer me first, cuz I'm the most important person in the world ........................... to me !
    Those types are easy to spot. When there is a "lane closed ahead" sign, they're the idiot's who run up to the orange cones at the very end and demand to be let in line. They are way too stupid to merge early and fly past the bottle neck.

20. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast