Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

300X on STV river rocket?

I'm looking to get an STV river rocket or euro (not sure yet). If I was to get a river rocket, can I run a 300X 15"? I really would like a 300X over a 280 since they're less maintenance, more reliable and can be used for cruising. Would a 300X be safe on a river rocket? Would the added weight distribution of a 300 make it worse to drive than a 280? I'm mainly looking for a fast lake boat and won't be racing or hauling more than 1 or 2 passengers. Thoughts?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look just below this page and it has a "Similar Threads " that does have a comparable subject sir - i believe that will answer your question on the 300 . Hope this helps

3. Thanks simpson_3 thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kellytheaker View Post
    Look just below this page and it has a "Similar Threads " that does have a comparable subject sir - i believe that will answer your question on the 300 . Hope this helps
    Just saw that. Thank you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly - I believe that any power within reason - say 200 up is great power on an STV - depends on how much past 100 you want to wander. Just a couple days ago I read a thread on a 300 and one guy mentioned they are a little thirsty then another stated they are very thirsty . But I doubt much worse than a 280 .
    There is a member here J Perog that has a 300xs on an STV and he liked the fuel economy of the XS vs other similar cubes . He has it in the sale section .
    In my opinion it's all about setup - his son has a 175 xs on his STV and he is heading towards 100 well . I believe the fun factor is running well set up and making it work and perform . I know Joseph does some long runs and you get tired of a boat full of Jerry cans hoping to make it to the next available fuel stop .
    Well at least you know you can use the 300 x - I'm sure it will scare yah . Now getting it setup - there will be challengers running smaller stuff , that are going to challenge your setup . Have fun
    Currently I am running a 280 and a 200xs and the 280 is fast and seems super thirsty but it's fast . The 200 it's quick and economical . It's a little heavy and would swamp the transom of the little 19 Eliminator if 2 people walked to the back seat at same time and a wave , it would definately take a good gulp .