Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Are they still in business? I sent two e-mails to them with no response and I just called them twice. I got a short beep and then I was disconnected. Has anyone else tried to reach them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

I just called again with the same result and I even tried the fax number with the same result. Does anyone know if the are still in business? Let me know.
    Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogasm View Post
    I just called again with the same result and I even tried the fax number with the same result. Does anyone know if the are still in business? Let me know.
    Thanks
    Gary
    Did you try the online contact form? They may be on winter vacation?
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Hey Larry
    Yes I sent it twice. If they are on winter vacation I figured they would have an automated response on their e-mail and a voicemail on their phone. Anyone else know?
    Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you needing from them? Tried Livorsi?
    18 Talon/2.4 carb SOLD
    26 Deck Boat/250 Merc

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i recently bought a set of gauges for my boat and they didnt respond to any emails or voicemails i left. they're still in business but i don't think they want to talk to anyone, maybe covid spreads through the phone now...

however they will gladly take your money!

7. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...gaffrig products are different than livorsi products... two separate companies. mike owns gaffrig. a different mike, livorsi...used to own livorsi before he sold out many years ago, but is still in sales at livorsi. the gauges are different, if you are trying to match an old gauge.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by 99fxst99 View Post
    What are you needing from them? Tried Livorsi?
    99fxst99
    I have been e-mailing back in forth with Fred at Livorsi and he sent me a wiring diagram to wire up my Gaffrig GPS speedo and to see if my Livorsi antennae would work with it. He said it was hit and miss, so try it. I also need the small Molex connector to hook up the antennae to the gauge and they no longer have them. Hopefully I will hear from Gaffrig soon.
    Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All those "marine" gauge's built in and around Illinois .... look a whole like they come rebadged directly from Autometer ...

https://www.autometer.com/

11. Likes specboatops liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...chaz, the livorsi's are "mostly" (but not all)...private labeled autometers. the original gaffrig company's gauges are not. i have bought & installed thousands of new marine gauges in new boat builds. including gaffrig & livorsi. they all have they're issues & failure rates. the ONLY thing that is important with gauges, is how good the warranty & return/replacement service is, when new...and later on during that first year of warranty that they all have.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 01-16-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...chaz, the livorsi's are "mostly" (but not all)...private labeled autometers. the original gaffrig company's gauges are not.
    He has a Gaffrig gauge and a Livorsi antenna. Not sure how many "antique" GPS speedo's your going to find, so it's safe to say that they are all ..... Autometers

i have bought & installed thousands of new marine gauges in new boat builds. including gaffrig & livorsi.
    You would only need to hold, look at, one of each. Autometer, Gaffrig, Livorsi, to see that they all eat from the same trough.
    In this case he is looking for a little advice and a small adapter. The shortcut would be to buy a Gaffrig antenna . Or go to the source and get it from Autometer.

they all have they're issues & failure rates. the ONLY thing that is important with gauges, is how good the warranty & return/replacement service is, when new...and later on during that first year of warranty that they all have.
    I have only used Autometer and Gaffrig . It took a little longer to get Gaffrig parts replaced. I recon they had to run it down the street to Autometer to see if they were gonna make good on it ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Chaz
    I have the round Gaffrig antennae as well but I bought it used along with the speedo. It was packaged up like a new one but I don't know how old it it, so I am not sure if the battery is any good. Also I still the the connector for the antennae. I have attached a couple of photos of the speedo. The Livorsi antennae I bought new last year to go with a Livorsi Digital GPS speedo but I could not get it to read the speed. If I could find the small connector, at least I would be able to try it.
    Thanks
    Gary
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0001.jpg   IMG_0002.jpg  

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would call Autometer in the morning . Tell a tech rep what you said here as well as send the pics while your on the phone. If he/she says they don't know what your talking about .. ask to speak to a supervisor.
    If they "can't sell you parts" ask them for the part number of the adapter and then buy one off of flee-bay.

I had an old "Stack data logger" that they helped me get up and running.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...its been too many years to remember, but when livorsi first introduced & sold they're first gps gauges & antennae's, they started with one vendor, then after a couple years, dropped that brand vendor & went with a different vendor source. and of course, the antennae's did not interchange because of the plug-in. just send those photo's to whoever you want & they can help..."maybe"... these gauge company's are so wishy-washy sometimes as far as customer service, cause they don't know their own gauge history, they don't want to get into interchangability conversations, they hate warranty conversations, they need to sell, sell, sell, and on & on... with regards to livorsi, most everything they market, they do not actually make themselves. i knew jim gaffrig starting back in the 80's when he started this whole gauge thing in illinois. he was a retired cop that like playing with firearms. he started with an industrially available larger size liquid filled(mineral oil) pressure gauge that was accurate as a speedo for mostly offshore boats. came up with two or three different pitot tube designs that worked well, including a stainless one that resembled a knife, that he had chicago cutlery make for him. he also then offered the dry speedo heads. his next product & project were all polished stainless exhaust mufflers that were ugly as sin & were nicknamed the coffee can mufflers by everyone in the biz. thing was, they worked excellent with no reversion backpressure, that the big cube, big horsepower, big cam offshore motors needed. they were a hit & they were in big demand & on every offshore boat in the eighties. he later came out with prettier versions. (jim was also an arms dealer & designed & built gun silencers.)THEN jim came out with a line of white gauges to compliment his speedo's that he had been selling for a number of years. a young man named mike worked for him in his small shop & later bought the business & the gaffrig name from jims wife, after jim passed away.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 01-17-2021 at 02:32 PM.

17. Thanks Li'l Toy thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't some of the round antennas powered externally by the speedometer and don't have a battery, the antennas with the 3 wires?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1283.JPG   IMG_1282.JPG   IMG_1281.JPG   IMG_1280.JPG  
    Last edited by 4Speed; 01-17-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast