Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...just a reminder that livorsi does not sell gaffrig anything...they tryed to in the beginning and got sued & lost the case. livorsi is livorsi...gaffrig is gaffrig...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FUJIMO View Post
    ...just a reminder that livorsi does not sell gaffrig anything...they tryed to in the beginning and got sued & lost the case. livorsi is livorsi...gaffrig is gaffrig...
    I don't think anyone implied that they did ... and as you said in your last post ....

"They don't make anything themselves"

Hence .. the reason a said call Autometer in the morning ..

Get the right guy on the phone ... if he doesn't have the part(s) thats needed (which I doubt) , then perhaps he can point a fella in the right direction ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a Gaffrig dealer up till about 8 years ago. I sold a set of gauges to a customer and the tach went haywire. I called Mike Schultz (the now owner) he used to work for James Gaffrig till James passing sometime back in 1992. Spoke with Mike about the problem and he didnt have any in stock to replace with. Come to find out 6 months later the gauges were on a container ship out of China. I refunded the customer out of pocket and dropped my dealership because i refuse to sell China Junk. There was a time that the company was called gaffrig/lavorsi. Autometer made all their gauges back then. They split and went on their own way. I cant speak for Lavorsi even though the two look exactly the same except for labeling. But Gaffrig is made in China. Autometer is still made in the USA. I dont have a clue about Lavorsi.
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

4. Thanks Greg G thanked for this post
    Likes Davidlake, XstreamVking, laser_ED liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Tried the phone number again today with the same results, a short beep and then a disconnect. I'll give Autometer a try and post what I find.
    Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought a complete set of gauges from them in March , the gauges look amazing but had problems with the recall on the tach and the fuel pressure sending unit was bad . It took an act of congress to get back in touch with them to get stuff replaced . They still have never sent me the replacement recall switch . they were very quick to sell me $1500 in gauges but customer service sucks ! The only way I finally got in touch with them was to call the sales line as to purchase more gauges .

7. Likes David - WI liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check these guys out for the connector you are looking for:

https://www.corsa-technic.com/

If they don't have it these guys do, but it will cost you.

https://connectorexperts.com/

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in nearly the same boat. I have a set of Livorsi gauges but no pigtails. For some reason...the seller forgot after the sale that he didnt have any wiring. I have had livorsi's before but didnt know that they changed to plug-ins instead of screws. They are around 2014, so should I just call autometer? Or maybe these are Livorsi?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Turborr View Post
    I am in nearly the same boat. I have a set of Livorsi gauges but no pigtails. For some reason...the seller forgot after the sale that he didnt have any wiring. I have had livorsi's before but didnt know that they changed to plug-ins instead of screws. They are around 2014, so should I just call autometer? Or maybe these are Livorsi?
    Turborr
    Drop Fred at Livorsi an e-mail with any questions. His e-mail address is fortega@comp.com He is very helpful and always gets back to me in a timely manor.
    Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogasm View Post
    Turborr
    Drop Fred at Livorsi an e-mail with any questions. His e-mail address is fortega@comp.com He is very helpful and always gets back to me in a timely manor.
    Thanks
    Gary
    Thank You. Will do.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Update!!

I did hear back from Mike on Friday. He send that my request went into his Spam Mail and he did not see it until Friday. They no longer have the small Molex connector for the GPS receiver. He did offer me a $100 discount on a new kit though.

Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gaffrig Performance Inc.

Yes, that is the connector that I need. Hopefully someone has one.
    Thanks
    Gary

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...its been too many years to remember, but when livorsi first introduced & sold they're first gps gauges & antennae's, they started with one vendor, then after a couple years, dropped that brand vendor & went with a different vendor source. and of course, the antennae's did not interchange because of the plug-in. just send those photo's to whoever you want & they can help..."maybe"... these gauge company's are so wishy-washy sometimes as far as customer service, cause they don't know their own gauge history, they don't want to get into interchangability conversations, they hate warranty conversations, they need to sell, sell, sell, and on & on... with regards to livorsi, most everything they market, they do not actually make themselves. i knew jim gaffrig starting back in the 80's when he started this whole gauge thing in illinois. he was a retired cop that like playing with firearms. he started with an industrially available larger size liquid filled(mineral oil) pressure gauge that was accurate as a speedo for mostly offshore boats. came up with two or three different pitot tube designs that worked well, including a stainless one that resembled a knife, that he had chicago cutlery make for him. he also then offered the dry speedo heads. his next product & project were all polished stainless exhaust mufflers that were ugly as sin & were nicknamed the coffee can mufflers by everyone in the biz. thing was, they worked excellent with no reversion backpressure, that the big cube, big horsepower, big cam offshore motors needed. they were a hit & they were in big demand & on every offshore boat in the eighties. he later came out with prettier versions. (jim was also an arms dealer & designed & built gun silencers.)THEN jim came out with a line of white gauges to compliment his speedo's that he had been selling for a number of years. a young man named mike worked for him in his small shop & later bought the business & the gaffrig name from jims wife, after jim passed away.
    ...here's a photo of the "coffee-can" hi-performance mufflers that jim gaffrig was well known for, starting in the mid-80's, that all the big horsepower guys were using, because they worked so well. no horsepower reduction & switchable on & off. after his first speedo's that everyone liked, then came these mufflers & he sold lots & lots of them. just wanted to add this to the threads gaffrig performance history...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just an update and fyi, i got in contact with gaffrig on the phone. when you call up, you will reach a menu. select sales and you will talk to someone. if you select tech support, you will go to voicemail and they wont answer that...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My antenna went out on my gaffrig gps speedo, found a wiring diagram and info online and bought a farming puck gps antenna from gps city 26$ wired it in works great been 5 yrs now all good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2