Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 25two.stroke View Post
    I wonder if this applies to bare hulls or only rigged boats...Like what if I wanna buy a bare hull and then install a side mount box with it built in? Then does the boat mfr have to install one somewhere even though it has no motor?
    Can guarantee they haven't thought that far ahead, is there even one politician that knows you can buy an unrigged boat? doubt it. I'm buying an unrigged boat and will install a kill switch, it is good to have and smart to use.

As far as this being an extension of Kali's Law in Texas, she was thrown from a flats boat and hit by the props, none of the news articles mentions if the driver was also thrown from the boat. If he wasn't then a kill switch wouldn't have mattered either way.
    2023 Progression 22 w/ 2015 Mercury 300XS. 2018 Kawasaki Ultra LX. 1969 Hustler Wildcat. Gone but not forgotten: 1991 POS GW Invader. 1976 Donzi Hornet II. 1994 Formula 232 LS. 2001 Regal 2660. 1990 Formula 206 LS. 1992 Checkmate Pulse 186 w/ 2003 Mercury 200 EFI. Random assortment of jet skis.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 25two.stroke View Post
    I know that mercury has required all of us to verify a functioning kill switch in every new motor sold by a merc dealer or rigged by a merc mechanic...And signing off by a registered merc tech is required for warranty...so in that case ever merc out there that has ever had warranty needed to have a kill switch (since merc has been requiring this, I don't recall when that was put in place).

I also know, however, that some techs don't even check the rigging before they sign the form.

I rigged my own brand new motor last year, and I did not install a kill switch, I guess I am a horrible person. But I have a variety of reasons for not installing it.
    A CYA move by the mother ship. It worked when it left our dealership , installed by factory trained technician. The customer must have disabled the emergency kill system.
    If it was never hooked up and still signed off .. guess who's lap that mess fall's into. Your honor ... I would have used it , if they installed like they wuz sposta ..

3. Likes Li'l Toy liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2