Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Big Plans For New Years?

Anybody have any big plans for New Years Eve/Day?

I made it down to Tuscon to see my dad. Me and the girlfriend are staying with him and his wife, I guess my step mom. It is cold here for what they are used to 55-60 and brushing freezing overnight, but it is nice as far as I am concerned. I look a little out of place wearing a t-shirt outside while everyone else has heavy jackets on, but I can deal with it. I hear it has been cold and snowy back home so that makes it all that much more satisfying.

No special plans for New Years. We pretty much have been eating (very) well all day, everyday since we have been here, and on the road for that matter. I kind of dread getting back home and on the scale. On the Eve we will BBQ filet mignon and shrimp and maybe some healthy stuff like vegetables. Good money that I will not make it to midnight in Tuscon or back in the Central Time Zone where I live. Also good money to say that I will be awake long before some people have even thought about going to sleep.

So if I do not make it on here again before New Years, Happy one to you and yours!!! And warm wishes for peace, prosperity, and good health into the New Year and beyond.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My plans for New Years are the same as always, not much. I did get to enjoy another great Christmas meal over at my brothers that lives near me. Fried Turkey injected with the good stuff. Plus green beans, rice dressing, sweet potato casserole w/pecans, a kinda mac n' cheese derivative and homemade bread. Then cheese cake and fudge for dessert.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

3. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be working New Years and just hope the dummies don't cause problems or light their house on fire. But I made up for it on Christmas Eve with my family at my brothers house. His neighbors even came for dinner. Prime rib, snow crab legs, lobster tail, and all the sides.

Happy New Years everyone!

5. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a lot of fireworks to scare the **** out of everyone nearby...... and enough booze to not care
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

7. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    My plans for New Years are the same as always, not much. I did get to enjoy another great Christmas meal over at my brothers that lives near me. Fried Turkey injected with the good stuff. Plus green beans, rice dressing, sweet potato casserole w/pecans, a kinda mac n' cheese derivative and homemade bread. Then cheese cake and fudge for dessert.
    Something to be said about being consistent, and staying home on New Years, or as I call it, amateur night. This is the first time in probably 15 years that I have not been home for it. But where I am at is about the same as being home so it is a wash. Christmas, and the whole week before and after it has been nothing short of an over indulgence in food that I will likely carry with me through all of 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by tnelsmn View Post
    I'll be working New Years and just hope the dummies don't cause problems or light their house on fire. But I made up for it on Christmas Eve with my family at my brothers house. His neighbors even came for dinner. Prime rib, snow crab legs, lobster tail, and all the sides.

Happy New Years everyone!
    Hopefully you have an un-eventful night, but I would not put any money on it. My girlfriend is an ER nurse and they alwasy had action on New Years. People just could not help themselves and there always was a car wreck, a big fight, or someone that just did not get the gift of balance for Christmas. Matter of fact, this is the first time she has been off for a New Years since she has been working there.

Quote Originally Posted by flabum1017 View Post
    Have a lot of fireworks to scare the **** out of everyone nearby...... and enough booze to not care
    Careful yourself, you don't want to shoot your eye out.

Years back a guy I knew went out side at midnight with a 12 gauge and fired it into the air a bunch of times at midnight. When he goes back inside, power was out. Thought nothing of it and eventually went to sleep. Next day, no power still so he calls utility. They come out and find the line to his house cut off. Turns out, he had a lucky shot and hit his power line. Forget what it cost him for that but would bet he never will.

Anyways, be careful, and have fun!!!

9. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Knock yourself out and enjoy yourself. I hope y'all have a great time and make some wonderful memories.
    I was just trying to be funny and forgot to use emoji's again.
    -----------------------
    -----

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

11. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be sitting on my dock and listening to pure silence.......
    2003 mirage ski racer with e-tec power

13. Likes SS Minnow, CDave, RiverRat71 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wife works New Years eve and day, so pretty much nothing. Bet she is in bed before midnight, I will say Happy New Year to the new pup.

Dave
    1980 Cougar 19 tunnel,90 2.4L Bridgeport EFI in middle of restoration.
    1988 BAJA Sunsport 186, 96 225 Pro Max
    79 12' Auminum, 95 Merc 9.9
    RIP Stu
    "So many idiots, so few bullets"

15. Likes SS Minnow, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgscroggs View Post
    I will be sitting on my dock and listening to pure silence.......
    It will be quiet by you, huh? Figure there would be a little noise at midnight, no? Where I live they go a little nuts with fireworks at midnight. Sometimes it wakes me up. Where I am at now it is a retirement community and you have to be 50, maybe 55 to move into the area so I am expecting it to be very quiet here at midnight too. I also expect that I will already be asleep by then.

17. Likes dgscroggs liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy's band is playing... a lot of places around here are "dropping the ball" at 8:30 or 9 so people can get home before the "amature hour smash-up derby" starts.

19. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David - WI View Post
    My buddy's band is playing... a lot of places around here are "dropping the ball" at 8:30 or 9 so people can get home before the "amature hour smash-up derby" starts.
    There are a couple of bars near where I live that are open all night. I guess in Wisconsin that is the one night of the year they are allowed to do that. I can only imagine the kind of crowd that would be there all night, literally as I will never be in a bar on New Years. Like you said it is an amateur hour/night.

Used to like to go out on New Years but it was always to an event, and included a ride home or a hotel room nearby, or friends homes. The best one I remember was at a hotel in downtown Chicago. Seen BB King and Eric Clapton play in a small venue. It included dinner, drinks etc and was very nice. No fights, no ignorant drunks, just a good time. It was expensive, but I would do it all over again, if only I could.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SS Minnow View Post
    Where I am at now it is a retirement community and you have to be 50, maybe 55 to move into the area so I am expecting it to be very quiet here at midnight too.
    <golf announcer voice>
    **Little does SS Minnow know but the retirement community is full of crazy Boomers who are going to set up a massive fireworks display, light up a few doobies and sit back and watch the show**
    -----------------------
    -----

-- John F. Kennedy 1962

22. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDave View Post
    <golf announcer voice>
    **Little does SS Minnow know but the retirement community is full of crazy Boomers who are going to set up a massive fireworks display, light up a few doobies and sit back and watch the show**
    As long as the Boomers do not wake up this generation x'er. it is all good. Oh yeah, stay off my lawn, hippie.

24. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having 56 people over for our annual New Years Eve bash. All of our good neighbors are invited, (no liberals) I have several Angus Prime Rib roasts going on the big cooker tomorrow afternoon. I sent an invite for our communist Governor and his AIDS to join us, but I doubt he'll show up.

26. Likes SS Minnow, dgscroggs, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=SS Minnow;325683

Careful yourself, you don't want to shoot your eye out.

Years back a guy I knew went out side at midnight with a 12 gauge and fired it into the air a bunch of times at midnight. When he goes back inside, power was out. Thought nothing of it and eventually went to sleep. Next day, no power still so he calls utility. They come out and find the line to his house cut off. Turns out, he had a lucky shot and hit his power line. Forget what it cost him for that but would bet he never will.

Anyways, be careful, and have fun!!![/QUOTE]

Remember the movie Rum Diaries.... down in PR, celebrations going on, people firing into the air.... guy gets a falling slug in the head..................
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors". Plato .

28. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast