Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BVfast View Post
    This is some pics. of the last V-6 comp. motor from 1991 before they added weight to the class. Ran gas & nitropropane. It,s on a 250 lb. vector with a lot of mods done to the hull. Under 1000 lbs. race ready.
    Attachment 479580Attachment 479581Attachment 479582Attachment 479583Attachment 479584
    we need some videos of this beast!
    Last edited by sick_nick; 12-25-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of Dr. Alex in those pics

This is some pics. of the last V-6 comp. motor from 1991 before they added weight to the class. Ran gas & nitropropane. It,s on a 250 lb. vector with a lot of mods done to the hull. Under 1000 lbs. race ready.
    Attachment 479580Attachment 479581Attachment 479582Attachment 479583Attachment 479584
    2023 TUFF 25

3. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bull I may know you if I see you in person. I started racing tunnels with Jay Price in 1990 and Mod-V.P. raced at most all races. We raced in the U.S. until 1994, then we went to Mexico. I raced over there until 04. I remember when IOGP pulled the plug and I think thats what killed Mod-V.P. because up to that I remember them at most all of our races. The last time I seen them was at the Tri-rivers in West Virginia but I don't remember the year. RBT got to know Dr. Alex in the early 1980,s. I have been building racing outboards for over 40 years, had one of the only outboard machine shop in the south Louisiana area in the 80,s. I also know Ron, and several other well known engine giants. I have done this for most of my life, and there's not much I haven't done, seen, or plan on doing in this addiction we all seem to have.Merry Christmas!!

5. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator, powerabout, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey BVfast... That sounds like quite a ride. I had a chance to speak to Mr Price earlier this year. Sounds like you two have been way way fast.

Nitropropane! I'm curious, by the looks of the way that motor is plumbed, is the Nitro Propane in a pressurized bottle in the boat? If so, is it sensitive to external ambient temperature?

Seems to me I've seen that stuff in a Klotz can at one time

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is some pics. of a 6 two barrel mod. 2.5 with a SSM on a vandal running on alky with spray that I used for a bayou blaster. One of the best driving V,s that I have been in. This boat was very fast. I still have this one also.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	406.0 KB 
ID:	479645Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	410.4 KB 
ID:	479646Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	402.6 KB 
ID:	479647Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	403.0 KB 
ID:	479648

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott nitropropane is in liquid form and is to use with gas because nitromethane is very unstable when used with gas and can become explosive. It will mix with alky fine just a little less kick than nitromethane, and a little more forgiving on your engine with what you can run in it. But it will get you no matter what. That's the price we pay for this game we play.

9. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What throttle plates did you use on 12 pack? I have an Dick O'dea one with org carbs......the plates have 2 holes. Neat pixs....gives me a way to hook up linkage...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. A Vandal! Spray! That thing has got to be a missile. The BS beach party has got to be over when you show up with that at a river event.

Bad A man. I gotta ask, how fast you spin that thing. Do you need the two coil to plug heads to fire off the mix?

We had red cans of Klotz Nitro. 50% Nitro Propane. I see its still available.

I had a 6 carb 2.4 intake similar to that years ago I never used.

Thanks for posting the pics and the reply back.
    Last edited by scott reierson; 12-28-2020 at 08:09 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Any Photos?

This is some pics. of a 6 two barrel mod. 2.5 with a SSM on a vandal running on alky with spray that I used for a bayou blaster. One of the best driving V,s that I have been in. This boat was very fast. I still have this one also.
    BV, Do you have any pictures of either the Vandal or Vector? Would love to see them and know what year they were taken. I have a comp vector and a vandal. Both great boats. This is the kind of thread that keeps me on this site. Good stuff and sure beats all the political keyboard commando posts
    In reference to the Hydrostream Power Tour:

Quote Originally Posted by Scream And Fly View Post
    This is seriously one of the best threads on this site ever.

#2 iron from the Mayo clinic, Fla. / Blue Ridge, VA.
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more boat combo pics please
    most overnite successes usually take at least 10 years

Certified turd polisher,

14. Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FlowMaxx yes I do still have both boats. The vandal is not a comp. Had one of them also and it was real dangerous at speeds over 90 mph. Just to short and to light. It ran it's bests at 1100 lbs. Took the weight out and it blew over at a little over 100 mph. with no warning running flat, no pos. trim. That one was scrap,but I saved my motor, steering, and control box. It also cost me my 3rd. lower back rebuild. Broke it in 86 in my 1985 18ft. Critchfield comp. 225 lb. paper shell hull. I was testing a new merc. with big bore OMC carbs. on alky like a 100 times before. The boat just went over with no warning, still don't know why it happened,had 100's of hours in that boat. This game is very dangerous and it will get you if you keep at it long enough. I lost count on how many blow-overs I have had but I do still remember my 8 spine surgery's. All I'm saying is be careful and do everything right and listen to what those who have been there and done it tell you and that's all you can do because we are not in as much control of these water rocket's as we think we are. Just be safe and have fun, it's an addiction. I do have the vector also, but it's not really a vector anymore with all the mods. done on that hull. I could never run it at the speeds I run it at now when it was as built, not even in drags. If you want to run big numbers in it as is put some weight in it if you don't want to do a lot of mods. to the boat that's about all you can do. I will say that they are a rush light, just not safe over a 1/4 mile and deadly on a top end run. Got a lot more pics. to come, but sick now and wife on my ass to finish moving into our new house, women just don't get it - boats and racing come first. Dave S I will take some pics. of the linkage set-up for you. Those carbs are wh-46 SST-120, SST140 stuff. I still have that engine and a few others I will be posting soon. Trying to keep this on old hot-rod outboards tricks so lets see some of gangs stuff and not just mercs. I built all kinds even half breeds. Look at the 15 in. mid. on the vandal real close, I made it in 83. Thanks to all & post some pics.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah see.... OMC clamp......Don't bother with more pixs..... I see how ya did it.... I was thinking bike brake cables....for...My 6 pack. My carbs have 2 small holes in the plates.... thinking for idle speed.... too keep it down so as to run on timing only.....

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ALWAYS wanted one of these.

A bad ass lil motor, and fast!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails D6D828E5-B706-4533-BA38-AB13A18928A0.png  
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

Annapolis, MD ragboat capital of the world
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
    ALWAYS wanted one of these.

A bad ass lil motor, and fast!
    In the early 1960's it ruled, then Konig came out with the 4 cylinder with more space for ports and the ultra compact design of the Crescent made it unable to keep up.

I still want one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are some pics. I posted a few years back. This is the last original Bendix injected factory race team engine. I know who raced this one now, don't want me to say his name on here so I want. I also set it on my dyno about 8 months ago, just got to run a part of history like this. Didn't pull it hard but it ran great. Just might put it on my tunnel when it's finished to do it some justice, sure want push it hard because it's to rare to damage, the engine is all new inside, didn't take it apart I used my medical scope to look at it. Just put these back up because I'm sure many on here never seen them before and I just didn't feel like going to my old storage house today to get pics. of all the other engines and other cool stuff. Will do my best tomorrow. Dave S. those holes are for idle air. Need to run with butterfly's closed for idle tubes to pull fuel correctly. Use timing to set idle speed. That set-up worked best with the smaller bore merc. carbs for river blasters. The bigger carbs are hard to get to launch, had to use primer most of the time,real pain in the ars to get them right. Had to put the spray with the SSM, thing would not go it just bogged down and if you kept it opened the motor would shut down in a few seconds. But that's with a 1:1 SSM not getting much exhaust with the snout, they bite hard. That linkage set-up is as close to the original as it was on the Land&Sea intake, Dick's are not the same angle, I have at least one of all the one's that I know made and that I seen. Good luck with it and post some pics. would like to see. Scott all these mercs would turn 11,000 rpm real quick, but what you turn one is based on what you plan to use it for. That one was set up to play with on the bayou,but I did turn it 10,000 rpm for 2 miles many times. Have 16 right hand 12 spline 2&3 blade SSM props. Hope some others will start to post their stuff too. Thanks to all and PUT UP SOME PICS.
    Attachment 479762Attachment 479763Attachment 479764Attachment 479765Attachment 479766Attachment 479767

20. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast