Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsare2400 View Post
    I have a 2020 Checkmate 2400 closed deck with a 300R and a 24P Bravo FS. It runs 72 mph GPS at 6200 rpm. I have trimmed it much higher and run the same speed at 6450 rpm. It has a hydraulic jack plate. I am not impressed with the motor, but if I was in the boat alone, I think it would easily run 73 mph, and perhaps 74 mph under perfect conditions.
    Yesterday was the first day on the water with the new 300R. I ran 161 miles in 5.5 hours. I broke it in by the book. On the way back with a moderate chop crossing Lake George I made 70.9 mph at 6200 rpm with a ProMax 23p. It was still climbing but I was managing some chine walk. Works out to a little over 8% slip. All in under 1 minute of WOT. I think the boat will run close to 75 with this prop once the motor is completely broken in and provided I have a few miles to let it climb. I may cancel my backordered B1FS 24p for now.
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the update, glad you got it broken in. If you could turn that prop to the rev limiter at 6450 with still 8% slip, you would be running about 74 mph. I was concerned that due to the smaller diameter the slippage might b worse with a ProMax but you proved it is not. That might be why Mercury Racing told me if I want to try one to order a 24P ProMax but labbed, not Pro Finished. So the 24 should theoretically turn the same rpm as the 23P but perhaps with slightly more slippage. If you still had 8%, the 24P labbed should run 74 mph at the same 6200 rpm. I have never run mine more than perhaps 15 - 20 seconds at WOT, since it does not appear to be climbing in speed or rpm after that. However mine will only run 72 mph, perhaps 73 mph with me in it alone and lighter on fuel. Not sure if it is worth the shipping cost, perhaps I should send you my 24FS and you send me your 23P ProMax. How did that Promax come on the plane? Was there a bit of cavitation or slippage until it grabbed? How high were you running your jack plate? Do you have 10" of set back? How far did you trim it, almost to the stops? Again thanks for the update, I think there are very few 2400 Pulsares with 300R's on them, you, Tom, me and I think there is another one. I have heard there is a Mercury employee with a 450R on one but I have not heard any performance figures.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Atlas jack plate and a 4" spacer so it looks like 9" on my Stanley. I run out of water with the JP all the way up. That puts the prop shaft where you'd run one if you had a Sport Master and I don't. I ordered a TM. The dealer has the motor installed too high but it didn't really matter because I was running it where it felt right and it was not at the extreme reach. I guess being high is good for trailering, etc.

I wasn't trimming anywhere near max. The Pro Max gets a lot of bite as shown by the low slip. By no means do I have the motor height and trim figured out yet. And it's the first boat I've had to manage chine walk without a pad so I have a ways to go. I'm thinking about getting Wildman to run it one day when he's at Lake WM, it's 3 miles from my house. He could make it fly.

Cavitation getting on a plane wasn't bad but bear in mind I was running a Liberator with a 300 last boat and it cavitated a lot. I'm open to swapping props for a week or two but let me figure out the PM first so I know what it will do in best case scenario. If you want to do it pm me your cell and we can talk.

Glad I'm part of a very small club P2400/300R.... 3 members and counting. Ha!
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably have a 6" plate with a 4" spacer so you're at 10" like I am, unless Atlas makes a 5" (mine is Atlas as well). I think Wildman will tell you it runs the fastest with 17" - 19" of setback and the prop around 4" below, maybe as high as 3.5" below. I wish I lived that close to him, because he can sort it out if anyone can. I run mine around 3.5" - 4" below, higher and the slip increases at least with the Bravo FS. Maybe the ProMax will run higher? I think you will easily get it to run to the 6450 rpm rev limiter if you were not trimmed that high. Mine will run about 68 mph with a little trim. Going from 68 mph to 72 mph moves it from a little trim to at least 3/4 of full trim on the gauge. Once it hits 70 mph, I am working the wheel, the higher I trim it the more it wants to chine walk, but mine is so slow that it is not difficult to control the walking but you have to concentrate on it. By all means take your time and figure it out. I have not figured mine out and I have almost 50 hours on it but most of that is idling or cruising at 3000 rpm. I will send you a private message in the next few days with my phone number on it. We are in a small club so we can probably learn from each other and you have already helped me, because I was leery of the smaller diameter ProMax, but it appears you have proved it is viable if you can live with the slip coming on the plane. That will likely get worse with 4 people and a full tank of fuel, but like you said, compared to a Liberator with a Sportsmaster, it is mild. Does your Torquemaster have only 3 holes on each side (plus the lower ones) like mine, or is it one of the newer ones with more holes on each side?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 5 holes each side. I had 2 men total weight 410 - 415, half tank fuel, small cooler, regular gear, one battery. It runs a lot better than it did with the 300 Verado!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, that is similar to how I ran mine, but my wife and I are closer to 320 lbs, but I think your have the crawl through, non liner boat and those are I believe at least 200 lbs lighter than my closed deck with a liner. I have one battery (Optima and I will try and replace it) and normal gear and coolers as well. What did it run with the 300 Verado when you had that on it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only ran it a few times and not hard because I wanted to get top dollar for the motor when it sold. Best was 66 IIRC. The seller claimed 72 or 73 but his GPS that came with the boat had a max speed of 68.5, and 800+ miles traveled so I don't think it was ever reset. With my GF we are also around 320-330. Not sure about the weight of the hull but I had a bow cover made to stop the freakin' WIND TUNNEL and it's literally like having a closed bow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceF3 View Post
    I only ran it a few times and not hard because I wanted to get top dollar for the motor when it sold. Best was 66 IIRC. The seller claimed 72 or 73 but his GPS that came with the boat had a max speed of 68.5, and 800+ miles traveled so I don't think it was ever reset. With my GF we are also around 320-330. Not sure about the weight of the hull but I had a bow cover made to stop the freakin' WIND TUNNEL and it's literally like having a closed bow.
    I agree with your comments. Even if the the 68.5mph was a good reading, you ran 2.5 mph faster and I think you will easily gain another 2 - 3 mph when you get some seat time, better conditions and more hours on the engine. That would mean 5 mph faster than the Verado and that is a lot of horsepower.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not see an update to your thread regarding your prop selection problems? I dont understand why Concept did not suggest you contact Mercury directly since they are making a prop specifically for the 300r. According to the website they will get all your hull info etc and design the best performing prop for your application. The 23 with the 300r should be running well over 70 which is scary to think about but should be easily accomplished with your set up. Let us know what you end up with- here is the link to the Merc 5 Cleaver 5 blade https://www.mercuryracing.com/propel...c-cleaver.html

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy1971 View Post
    I did not see an update to your thread regarding your prop selection problems? I dont understand why Concept did not suggest you contact Mercury directly since they are making a prop specifically for the 300r. According to the website they will get all your hull info etc and design the best performing prop for your application. The 23 with the 300r should be running well over 70 which is scary to think about but should be easily accomplished with your set up. Let us know what you end up with- here is the link to the Merc 5 Cleaver 5 blade https://www.mercuryracing.com/propel...c-cleaver.html
    Still working on it. But with the 24FS I was at 67.9mph exceeding 6,400. Had cup added to that prop and plugged some holes in the gearcase so I could go higher with the jackplate and now hitting 69.4mph but still exceeding 6,400. Going to have some pitch added to the prop as soon as Rich as time to squeeze me in and that should push me past my goal of 70mph. Those cleavers look nice but not sure I want to spend that much hoping it will be faster. If someone tells me drop that coin on that prop and you will be doing 75 I will try one out for sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason I am a little perplexed is that I have a friend with a 2016 Concept 23 with only a 225 ProXS and he is seeing 59 with optimum trim, about half a tank of fuel and 3 passengers. I checked it with my iPhone GPS speedometer app a while back when I was talking with Susan at Concept about a 23 build with the 300r. Here is the kicker, his boat also has a t-top which is a huge amount of additional weight and drag. I just called him and he said he has a Mirage prop and doesnt even know what pitch because it was already on the motor when he took delivery from Concept new. I previously owned a Scarab Sportster but I really love these hulls and have been seriously thinking about putting my $5k deposit down to get in line for a build. I just cant understand with that much more HP why it should not be well over 70 regardless of prop.
    Please let us know what you eventually end up with.
    Thanks!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason I am a little perplexed is that I have a friend with a 2016 Concept 23 with only a 225 ProXS and he is seeing 59 with optimum trim, about half a tank of fuel and 3 passengers. I checked it with my iPhone GPS speedometer app a while back when I was talking with Susan at Concept about a 23 build with the 300r. Here is the kicker, his boat also has a t-top which is a huge amount of additional weight and drag. I just called him and he said he has a Mirage prop and doesnt even know what pitch because it was already on the motor when he took delivery from Concept new. I previously owned a Scarab Sportster but I really love these hulls and have been seriously thinking about putting my $5k deposit down to get in line for a build. I just cant understand with that much more HP why it should not be well over 70 regardless of prop.
    Please let us know what you eventually end up with.
    Thanks!
    I had a 1998 Concept 23 with a 225 and yes 59 is about what these boats down with that much power. I have only heard of one 23 ever breaking 70 and it was with a 300 Verado worked to around 345hp and it had a blueprinted hull. From what I have seen on online there is a 300 PROXS boat doing 68 and 250XS boat doing around the same. I think once I get it fully dialed in best case the boat will do 72 to maybe 73. Which is quick for the type of boat it is. My boat was the 1st 300R 23 that they did so they had nothing to work with in terms of best prop. But they typically will send the boat with the best all around prop not the fastest prop anyways.

How long of a wait did Susan tell you if you put deposit now? If you are anywhere near Lakeland you are welcome to check my boat out.

If you want something faster check out the Hayaari marine 23. I test drove the first 23 to come to the USA and it had a 400R and we were doing 86mph. I heard they got in dialed in better and now close to 90mph.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She said the next available 23 spot is 12 months out with expected delivery date of around May/June of next year- I actually saw your boat on their facebook page when it was done in November and it looks awesome. I am in Clearwater and might want to take a closer look. I would of course give you plenty on notice to be sure it is convenient for you. I have been speaking with someone who may sell me his used 23 which was actually for sale in January but he decided to keep it. I am only interested in a Center Console with plenty of seating, that Hayaari is too radical for me.
    Thanks for all the helpful info and keep us posted on the final prop config and top speed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She said the next available 23 spot is 12 months out with expected delivery date of around May/June of next year- I actually saw your boat on their facebook page when it was done in November and it looks awesome. I am in Clearwater and might want to take a closer look. I would of course give you plenty on notice to be sure it is convenient for you. I have been speaking with someone who may sell me his used 23 which was actually for sale in January but he decided to keep it. I am only interested in a Center Console with plenty of seating, that Hayaari is too radical for me.
    Thanks for all the helpful info and keep us posted on the final prop config and top speed
    The seating configuration is what sold me over the Hayaari.

Will keep you updated. You join the concept group on FB? If not join that page.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have a FB account or any other social media footprint but it looks like I may eventually have to conform- LOL

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast