Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NASCAR 2021 more Road Course races, & Dirt on the Bristol track. --Thumbs Up or Down?

NASCAR schedule changes for 2021
    Below are the major changes to the NASCAR Cup Series schedule in 2021 compared to previous seasons.

Bristol Motor Speedway's spring race will take place with its oval covered in dirt on March 28, the first dirt race in NASCAR's modern era (dating back to 1972).

NASCAR has added new road-course races at both Circuit of the Americas (May 23) in Austin, Texas, and at Road America (July 4) in Plymouth, Wisconsin.

Nasvhille has been added to the schedule for a race on June 20.

Atlanta and Darlington will both see an additional race this season, with the second swing through Darlington serving as the playoff opener on Sunday, Sept. 5.

The Aug. 15 race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway won't take place on the usual oval and rather will be yet another road-course race in the 2021 season

Chicagoland and Kentucky have both been removed from the schedule - this is the first schedule release with tracks removed since 2005, when Rockingham was left off the slate.

2. Thanks rock thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think NASCAR is trying to recoup some of their lost fan base. Seems like good moves to me, especially the road courses.

Rock
    Team Junk

No sparkling wiggles in here, only dump truck grinches.

"Screamin Heathen"

4. Likes Lake X Kid liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “I guess I’m looking at it from an old-time deal because we spent years and years and years trying to become a professional sport,” Richard Petty told Autoweek. “Years and years to get away from that stigma (that racing wasn’t professional). But dirt-track racing is not professional, so we’re going backward. It would be like taking a professional football team and going back to play at a high school field.”

Petty reminisces on winning NASCAR’s last race on dirt

Petty not only drove in the last NASCAR race on dirt, but he also won it. That race took place in 1970 in Raleigh, N.C. at the North Carolina Fairgrounds. He says he doesn’t remember that much about the race, but he recalls it wasn’t a good track.
    “In that one, there were big holes in the track and it was rough and you had to drive around those holes,” he said. “The dirt tracks today turn into asphalt tracks; once you race on ‘em a while they just turn into slick asphalt tracks. But cars will be going sideways in the corners, and that’s what people want to see.”

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    I think NASCAR is trying to recoup some of their lost fan base. Seems like good moves to me, especially the road courses.

Rock
    Rock, I am in agreement with you. More road courses adds more variation to the NASCAR circuit for fans, and challenges to the drivers.

NASCAR champions will be no longer One Dimensional (oval tracks). You have to be competitive on all the different race tracks now to score points.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's a smart move. Now all they need to do is shorten the Cup races to 2hrs instead of 3hrs.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962