Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolltv View Post
    That is a huge motor, I would have to wait for a 15 inch just for the looks alone.
    Reminds me of wild mans 13 footer with the promax. But even that looks more in proportion than almost anything under 25 feet with the new 4 jokes.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1868.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	386.6 KB 
ID:	478382
    ANTI40​It's just an idea.

2. Likes oldschoolltv liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolltv View Post
    That is a huge motor, I would have to wait for a 15 inch just for the looks alone.
    So how fast is that Johnson? reading that wave to wave article something is not right a ported 280 only does 102- 104 mph ? sad, something is amiss?
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a stock power head 90 psi compression, air box removed and rejetted, with a 32 et best I have run was 105 on gps, I think something wasn’t right with the 280 in the article either. I never run the 32 except river runs, I mostly run my 26 or 28 since I am on small lakes as well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9056ACDD-AEC7-461C-B929-A1E3911FA744.jpeg 
Views:	49 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	47838916 inch mid.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 67C4A4A0-7FFB-4A0A-954C-15A99A2B514D.jpeg  
    Last edited by oldschoolltv; 12-03-2020 at 06:33 PM.

6. Likes Greg G liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    '''''''''''
    Does anyone out there happen to have a schematic that shows the dimensions of the 250/300 R motors? Not really sure how tall the V8 brutes are all in.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you come to MO. and stay for 4 days, we will log at least 500 miles. If you come up here (2 1/2 hours North), its just over 100 miles for dinner and back (that would be the minimum and we can go North from there for another 70 miles and never deal with corrosion water making it a 240 mile run or do what I like to do and stay South of Jacksonville for the night and run back the next day. 70 miles if we just go to Silver Glen back. I am not a "race to the sandbar and sit guy". There are over 30 lake front stops at LOTO so we can run as much as you want-50 miles in either direction from my place without going into any of the arms (many of them run 20 miles off of the main channel. Let me know when you are ready to run-I might be able to cook up a couple more "pork chops" for the skater and have it ready by then-its being worked on at a pretty good pace finally.

Jason Wolfe runs a four stroke Yamaha on his Allison, Mike Rakes runs a four stroke Yamaha on his Allison, and Jason ran it on his STV for 2 or 3 years before putting it on the Allison. I know that the Yamaha has to be way better and lighter then a Mercury to you, consequently, none of them have sank or had the issues you described. They will make the run with us when you come up and we can bring siphon tubes in case we need to swap fuel over to you we will bring a tow rope in case well.... you know-

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
    '''''''''''
    Does anyone out there happen to have a schematic that shows the dimensions of the 250/300 R motors? Not really sure how tall the V8 brutes are all in.
    I am almost positive that Randy measured to the highest point and they are 4" taller then the XS.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    If you come to MO. and stay for 4 days, we will log at least 500 miles. If you come up here (2 1/2 hours North), its just over 100 miles for dinner and back (that would be the minimum and we can go North from there for another 70 miles and never deal with corrosion water making it a 240 mile run or do what I like to do and stay South of Jacksonville for the night and run back the next day. 70 miles if we just go to Silver Glen back. I am not a "race to the sandbar and sit guy". There are over 30 lake front stops at LOTO so we can run as much as you want-50 miles in either direction from my place without going into any of the arms (many of them run 20 miles off of the main channel. Let me know when you are ready to run-I might be able to cook up a couple more "pork chops" for the skater and have it ready by then-its being worked on at a pretty good pace finally.

Jason Wolfe runs a four stroke Yamaha on his Allison, Mike Rakes runs a four stroke Yamaha on his Allison, and Jason ran it on his STV for 2 or 3 years before putting it on the Allison. I know that the Yamaha has to be way better and lighter then a Mercury to you, consequently, none of them have sank or had the issues you described. They will make the run with us when you come up and we can bring siphon tubes in case we need to swap fuel over to you we will bring a tow rope in case well.... you know-

Joe
    Sounds like you guys run marathons?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoker boy View Post
    Sounds like you guys run marathons?
    We are very blessed to have the waterways that we do. The St. Johns river is fresh water and magical but does have no wake (Manatee protection) zones. It is easily navigable for 175 miles but narrows at the South end and becomes too tight for my liking. At the North end, it dumps into the Atlantic ocean at Jacksonville. You can google earth it and "start at Jacksonville and follow it South to SR 46" and that is our main running grounds for Florida. We also have all of the acid water for those who choose.

LOTO in Missouri is "made for boaters". It is the best recreational boating that I have ever experienced do to all of the activity (there is literately a run of some sort every week for 16 weekends in a row) and great waterfront destinations. If you ever get the chance to go, you owe it to yourself to take it.

Joe

12. Likes noli liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    We are very blessed to have the waterways that we do. The St. Johns river is fresh water and magical but does have no wake (Manatee protection) zones. It is easily navigable for 175 miles but narrows at the South end and becomes too tight for my liking. At the North end, it dumps into the Atlantic ocean at Jacksonville. You can google earth it and "start at Jacksonville and follow it South to SR 46" and that is our main running grounds for Florida. We also have all of the acid water for those who choose.

LOTO in Missouri is "made for boaters". It is the best recreational boating that I have ever experienced do to all of the activity (there is literately a run of some sort every week for 16 weekends in a row) and great waterfront destinations. If you ever get the chance to go, you owe it to yourself to take it.

Joe
    I’ve never liked being in a boat for miles and miles. Maybe 5 or 10 miles from the launch ramp. The biggest prop I own is a 24, i like to cruise about 35 to 40 MPH, with an occasional burst to 100+. The new motors make sense for long runs at high speed.

Big boats, big motor, big money it’s the future.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	300RvXS.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	543.3 KB 
ID:	478402

15. Likes David, Speed Jr. liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg G View Post

Name:	300RvXS.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	543.3 KB 
ID:	478402
    Looks like the 300R is great on a heavy bass boat.👍🏻

17. Thanks 4mulafastech thanked for this post
    Likes stoker2001 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	XB.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	478406

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The rope ... first time I met you, I turned around to give you guys a tow ..
    Second time we both popped one . Actually I hurt it the weekend before twisting on the "steam wheel" running Davie .. was in denial till a bone stuck thru the side.
    As they say, people in glass houses ...

Lunch yesterday .. well first, I'm glad you made it home safe. Second, that Allison of yours .. does it have a porky hangin off the back .. ??? Or a 3.0~3.2L .. ???
    I take it you didn't go over 50 mph , knowing that a two stroke can 'blow up at any second, for no good reason" ...

Quality parts ... No straight edge huh ... ??? (think I forgot )

Had to go to Wisconsin to find a Mirage with a porkchop ... 100 mph .. awesome

Glad to hear the STV didn't sink ...

There's a G meter in your phone .. how hard did it turn ... ???

Acceleration .. yea your phone will do that too .. No , I don't believe the posted graph ... just something about salesman posting results, just doesn't give me a warm cozy feeling about what they say ..

So I take it that it was really you that set the STV / porkchop bar at 130 mph .. It's OK my "sometimers" kicks in on occasion .. but you still didn't answer the question.
    It's just a number , spit it out. It wasn't 130 .. or the 151 that peanut man ran with a 2.5 ..
    Thats what I like about the race track . They post ET and MPH , on big LED boards that you can see from the space station .. hard to worm away from the truth ..

Want to know how I won five chanpionships ... multi divisional and National event wins and runner-up's .... ???
    It was easy , I lost everyway possible first.
    I also didn't pick a type or class of racing where if there was three or more they raced. No , I went where there was 80 to 90 people trying to get in a 32 car field. I didn't always get in .
    So if you think that my feeling would be hurt if my 225 EFI's ( want the block numbers) got outrun by a pair of new porkchops ..
    However .. if your 4.6's got gapped by some antique 3.0L's ... well ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am pretty confident. I have never had a boat that runs like the new ones do. We went through countless 280s and spent 10s of thousands of dollars-"you saved several of them (and helped us big time)" but that program is a distant memory and never going back. Scott bought new motors for his boat and is of the same mindset as Todd, myself, and tons of others. The other time we were towed was "out of fuel"-again distant memory and never going back. The new power 32 and 36 and 39 foot cats run 130 and better, can run for 300 mile poker runs with fuel that is available at every stop, and haven't seen very many get towed (two out of the hundreds I have run with now)-they are just a much better deal for the guys that boat. We have some of the biggest bass gatherings in the U.S. (big bass bash) launch about a mile from my place at LOTO and I watch hundreds of them go by at sunrise (95% are new generation 250s and I was told by a few participants that its common for them to cover 150 miles plus daily during those meets)-never seen a single one come back under tow so far.

Let me know when you are ready to come out-If in fact you come out and "gap me with your antique 3.0L's from my dock at MM19 to MM24 and there is only one turn to negotiate", your trip will be absolutely free (keep any and all receipts from the time you walk out your door until the time you arrive at mine). If I win, I will still buy lunch and you can give me $8.00 for my fuel used. You win and I give you a check for whatever your total is. Your boat is 25 feet long and mine is 38 feet-there should be no way a set junk pork chops can catch you in a short 3 minute squirt especially on a boat that is so much bigger. I will run pump gas 87 octane from the gas dock and you can run nitro or whatever other race gas/home brew you want to.

Joe

21. Likes Speed Jr., aj06bolt12r liked this post
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast