Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silverado interior upgrade

Came across a sweet deal on a pair of leather seats out of a higher optioned truck than mine. This is something I've wanted to do to my truck for quite some time. As with all projects a simple task of bolting in a few seats and maybe having to run a wire or two snowballed into a much bigger project.

A newer truck isn't in the budget for a while so I'm spending some time and a little money to make this one nicer. It's an 05 and only has 120k. I bought it from my uncle who bought it new and he is more meticulous with vehicle maintenance than anyone I've met.

First of all my truck is a W/T. So crank windows, manual locks, rubber floor, etc. But I love that about it, it's simple and does the job. I upgraded the stereo a while back to comply with new hands free driving/phone laws in my state. So naturally the seats were next.

With the Hydrostream restoration taking up my entire garage for two years now, I had to do all of this at work during my down time. I'm lucky to have that ability!

I knew I had to get power to the seats for the heat and the movement. The movement part was easy as there's just a simple power and ground on each seat that controls every movement in the seat. It just won't have the memory function. The heat was a whole other issue. These trucks have the heat switches up on the door panel and come to find out its not just a simple switch. It plugs into a module in the door that plugs into another module in the dash, neither of which I have due to it being a W/T. So I spent some time messing with the wires under the seat and was able to figure out which ones needed power to provide heat. I grabbed an aftermarket seat heater kit and robbed the controls off of that to power the factory ones. I can share the exact details if someone is doing the same.

In the process of running new wires I needed to pull the floor out of the truck. I found some rust, which I was expecting. No holes, but some that needed attention. Everything that looked suspect got hit with a wire wheel and painted with POR-15.

Then naturally since I had the cab down to the sheet metal I figure I might as well put Dynamat everywhere... Snowball growing.

And since I had all the trim panels out I should go ahead and replace the blown rear speakers while I'm in there.

So now my old W/T has a nice set of power leather buckets and counsel out of a LTZ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 62371599332__88C18C8B-BD93-4751-98A0-AECA3A05F86C.jpg   62371601810__1D7F6F21-E138-441E-8FBE-F37CCBA5CA61.jpg   62646682005__51DD73BB-3C61-4B9D-9C21-6C98A051E23E.jpg   IMG_7200.jpg   IMG_7203.jpg  

IMG_7223.jpg   IMG_7224.jpg