Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie with Hydrostream comp Vandal and rigging questions

Ok first the disclaimers - Ive never raced boats or had a performance boat. That said, I know boats and outboards so i'm not a complete noob LOL!

I acquired a 1979 Hydrostream Vandal. It was recored, APBA inspected and is in operational condition. The boat is currently rigged for a OMC with cable steering and single seat center drive. Now, I'm not planning on racing this boat in sanctioned events but want to end up with a fun "river racer" style boat. I have a Merc XR4 that I plan on running (yeah I know its not super cool and exotic) and would like to know how to rig it up for best results. I tried looking for wing plates to use the cable steering that is already rigged on the boat but no luck. I was also looking at a hydro set up but for something decent its out of my budget right now. Goals are to have a fun boat I can fly up the river with. I do have a OMC 70 that I can install to get on the water but I want to put on a V6.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vandals are super fun to drive. Just gotta watch the wakes it’s very easy to stuff the nose. These boats corner incredibly well for a pad hull and get onto the pad really easy. That said I’d be cautious with a v6 on there your going to want to get a lot of seat time before wringing it out up top. Xr4 is a lot of motor for this hull in my opinion but there have been guys who’ve done v6 mercs on them. You should be able to find components for the steering here and help rigging it up. Probably be more helpful if you post some pics of what you have and ask for what you need.

congrats on a super fun hull
    Hydrostream dreamin