Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But Chaz, they saved so much money on maintenance that the powerhead is cheap!

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InjectorService View Post
    But Chaz, they saved so much money on maintenance that the powerhead is cheap!
    No doubt a flow test is the best way to do this but I'm quickly approaching exceeding the value of what this engine is worth to me(there is a 200 carb currently running and all hooked up) and if I don't find the culprit in the flow test I could be out the money for the flow test and feel like it's not worth risking the rebuilding the opti.
    I'm actually reaching out to a bunch of injector services to get quotes to see if someone will do the dirty flow rate test for free and then ill pay for cleaning and the clean flow test once that piece of mind of that the culprit is found and its worth rebuilding. @InjectorService I'll send you a DM.

It's all a balance of value and I have months. It's a 2006 saltwater opti head on a 1995 saltwater mid. It my personal engine things are not lasting forever and I don't have time to brush out, alodine, and paint, or replace everytime some part gets corroded scratched or worn, but I occasionally do if I think the work is worth extending the life of this Frankenstein engine. You could spend 1000s replacing bunch of components and testing all the injectors just to have something else completely out of your control go wrong and lean out a cylinder its the nature of the opti beast. I got this fully dressed opti head for $1600 originally on ebay so deals can be found.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3