Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidlake View Post
    I changed out a bass clamp for offshore clamp on a 2008 300XS (12 years old) and was able to pull off the 2008 sticker and put it on the new offshore clamp w/o any issue. I would try a "little" heat to persuade it.
    this "might" work.. if ya can get tha clamp and title cheap enough???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theres a few problems I see with pulling a decal off a clamp.
    1. The model numbers don't match unless you find one from the same motor - might be a problem for insurance purposes?
    2. The stickers from the newer motors actually destry themselves by design when removed. There is a "warranty void" message left after.

I would probably have a decal made, or try contacting Merc and see if they will send you one. On some things the manufacture will supply a replacement VIN / Capacity decal, not sure how it works with Merc though.

I'm sure these guys could make it, I've purchased from both before with great results.

https://discontinueddecals.com/
    https://www.outboarddecals.com/

Blake

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jus curious?.. why do you NEED a title for motor?.. tex requires one also but not needed ta register boat... titles for both are separate.. ohio different?.. down here 'bout only time tha guys with this sickness titles a motor is for financin', insurance and/or a buyer wants one (resale ta "normal" folks)..... don't know or heard of anyone bein' checked by water cops or any law enforcement for motor title down this way...
    Last edited by tlwjkw; 11-21-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InjectorService View Post
    Theres a few problems I see with pulling a decal off a clamp.
    1. The model numbers don't match unless you find one from the same motor - might be a problem for insurance purposes?
    2. The stickers from the newer motors actually destry themselves by design when removed. There is a "warranty void" message left after.

I would probably have a decal made, or try contacting Merc and see if they will send you one. On some things the manufacture will supply a replacement VIN / Capacity decal, not sure how it works with Merc though.

I'm sure these guys could make it, I've purchased from both before with great results.

https://discontinueddecals.com/
    https://www.outboarddecals.com/

Blake
    I thought that the void would show thru, but I said what the hell, try it. It worked w/o the "Void" issue. Yes, mine was from the same model motor package so good! I just wanted to keep the motor title matching the motor. Funny why Merc. has the SN on the bracket instead of the block?? Oklahoma requires both motors and hull to be titled and tagged including twin motor boats = 3 titles, registrations and tags!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mostly for resale although a bill of sale would probably work just as well.........thx all.

Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2