In New Zealand we have a sidewinders that are very similar to the US versions and rumor has it that the design was copied here in the early seventies.
They were built by FiGlass as Sidewinders and Plylite as Panthers
These were 16ft and there was a 14ft version as well called a Cheeta.
They all have the same hull bottom which is a round Vee with two large Strakes each 8 inches out from centerline.
These two strakes stop approx 16 inch short of the transom.
They were raced here offshore early in the seventies and were often powered by a pair of 150 Mercs.
They were nick named submarines possibly due to their tenancy to go through waves, taking out the windscreen.

They were not an outstanding race boat IMO because they weren't designed or built for speed.
They had 3 stringers, the floor was only 30-32 inches wide and stringers were a maximum depth of 4 inches so they were not at all rigid.
At 40mph they were fine but once pushed over 60mph they lifted clear of any straight edges and behaved like they were on ice.

So I brought one and have decided to try and make it go fast.
To do this requires a total redesign and rebuild of most of the Hull.
The Transom is cut off as is the transom well.
The floor is out and the hull is bare.
Its sitting in a perfect 19 deg cradle hanging on its Chines but with each strake resting on or near a full straight length support.
I say "near" because when the hull is gutted the hull sucks up into one large Hook.
Its getting remedial work on the inside of the hull but then more glass
Then instead of 3 stringers its getting 5 and instead of a max stringer depth of 4 inches the new keel stringer is 8 inches deep
This is achieved by raising the floor so that it sits into the 3rd strake out from the keel on each side.
Thats a new floor width of 4ft
The stringers raise up at the stern to form 3 Transom Knees and the keel stringer knee also connects to the new transom well floor.
The Transom is mostly 2.5inch thick Marine ply laminate and is 25inch rather than 20 inch.

The bottom of the hull needs some thought and input from others.
IMO it will need some straight lines that go back to the transom but without too much lift
Out of the mold they are shocking for wishy washy edges and flex.
Basically Ill give the hull enough internal strength and hull thickness to aggressively blueprint end modify the bottom.
I dont think an aggressive plank/ Pad is the a answer.
There is a famous small offshore race bout in NZ named Chindit and it is a deep Vee with a small Tunnel.
I like this concept and am looking at ways to create a similar system.???