3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Merc 300 engines true HP (I searched)

I've read the

300R is 316
    300P ProXS 4S is 296
    300 XS Opti is 307

Anybody know what the Verado 300 Pro makes?
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

2. Thanks jcsmiley thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You forgot a couple ..

300 drag

300x

4. Likes Michael J Giesler liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone fill in the blanks......
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the range +/-?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    These epa ratings are at the middle of the suggested operating range. I.E. if a 300R is recommend to run between 6000 and 6400, then the test results will be posted from a 6200 rpm read. The R number is higher where we will all prop it "closer to 330 give or take", the XS is within a couple of its best, the Pro XS is within 4 or 5. The X (320) and Drag (315) were never given a rating because they couldn't even reach the one star rating that was required to meet the EPAs testing guidelines. These test were also conducted on the lowest octane EPA compliant fuel suggestions for each motor.

I picked this information up from a guy that seems to know a little about the Merc/EPA push and pull saga that is changing our world as we know it. If you have had boxes done by people that are facing the heat with the EPA, they have your name and shipping address so beware depending on how much funding the new regime allows them to have will determine the resources and manpower they have available to waste.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Joe. But what about the V-rod 300?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 300 is not the one to get. It makes just over 300 but the 350 has the cams and valve train that you want. I did the research on them when I bought the toon. A lot of them at the ozarks run the 350s and the 300s were substantially less money on resale so I dug into the upgrade cost and it was clear that it was not the way to go between the clamp upgrade and internal differences.

Joe

10. Likes gotboostedvr6 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe can you elaborate on that? What is the Vrod 300? I assume the inline 6 300 and 350 you are referring to? Thanks
    Larry Gempp Jr.

Proud HydroStream Powertour Member

Current Ride - 2024 22 Liberator - 450R

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the vrod 300 is 296 hp and 284 ftlb. Fwiw the 300 proxs v8 is 296 hp and 313 ftlb.

13. Likes Headless Hula liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Does anyone know real HP for

VRod 400 comsumer model (2020)
    Vrod 400R
    Merc 450R

I hear that NorTech has experienced loss in speed with the new Vrod 400 over the Vrod 400R.

Sorry for hijacking !

Cheeers, Toffen

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 400m rev limiter is 200 rpm lower, and it has the big hd round nose LU, not the HDSM.

400r is 390 hp, which may be on 89 octane. Not sure.
    400m is 383 hp
    450r is 450 hp

16. Thanks Toffen thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Check the hour meter on your own personal whip. Tell us how much time you have spent at the redline or above ..minutes. The rest of the time is spent .. climbing the hill. Merc pocket protector employees know this, so they sacrifice top end power for more grunt in the low to mid range where 99% of their motors live.
    It feels faster, ask anyone who has built a 383 ci Chevy. Put a 3.2 crank in a 3.0L , put a RD-400 motor in their 350-RD.
    In this world of no free lunch's the reality of that is you get more grunt below the torque peak, but it falls off the ledge above the peak. It's one of dem dare laws of phyis-a-cossis. To think that can be manipulated, given the same total airflow is a case of dat dare phyis-a-psychosis .. Case in point ...
    Look at any dyno graph , go over to peak power power numbers. Then back down 400 rpm and then split the difference .. yea, three-four HP at the most. Doesn't matter what it is, the rules still apply.
    However if you add 6 Budweiser's to the nut behind the wheel, power will increase exponentially, until you run it into the hangover region.

V-Rod ... I thought that was a Porsche designed Harley Davidson that hit the streets in 2001 . I wasn't aware of them being used as outboards by anyone other that some crafty Cajuns , as long tail duck boats ...

To avoid confusion of make and model .. calling a Verado, a V-Rod be it 6 or 8 is a misnomer.
    The proper nomenclature is ....

Shrimphead or S~Head .. for the inline 6 Verado's .
    Running past people wide open that are standing on the bank .. jeer's of ...
    Boy-O-boy , wood- ya look at that S~head go .. can be heard from the crowd ..

Porkchop or P~chop .. for the bent 8's .
    After trying to run 400 RPM past the redline .. and dropping the keepers out of the valves . And the Merc-Tech~czar says .. While shaking his head ..
    Sir, Having an altered PCM on that motor .. I hope you like having burnt pork chops for dinner ...

Merc/EPA ... I'm a bit dense ... let me say that again ... Merc/EPA

We can say .. give us what we want. They did, and now we say .. you don't support us anymore. To some extent that's true. To the visionary's .. hey sell that old junk for pennies on the dollar, and go on the hook for an outboard that cost more than my first house .. or your not one of the kooool kids .. to a certain extent that is also true .. but to most of us deplorable, stinky wally-world shoppers .. it just says to us you have at this segment in time .. more dollars (or credit) than sense ..

The Merc/EPA crackdown. In JP's own words ..

The X (320) and Drag (315) were never given a rating because they couldn't even reach the one star rating that was required to meet the EPAs testing guidelines.

So in 15 years past production of the 'dirtiest motor on the planet" . Why would Merc/ EPA worry about "tinkerin" with a few years from being an antique ?
    Because they learned a valuable lesson thru their Warranty Dept. They would have a pretty weak case bringing ten's of thousands or American citizens in front of a judge .. your honor , this guy milled his heads and had the "fuel curve cleaned up" .. throw the book at em ... !
    Sir, thank you for coming here today , I'm sorry these ****tards abused their lobbying power .. you have a nice day. As they say on the street, you can beat the rap, you just can't beat the ride ..

Merc/Bowling ball knows this. Rather than have to pay for hundreds and hundreds of porkchops that have been "tinkered/learned on" by the laptop boys, they went to their old partner Uncle Sugar and said .. we need a little help. Put the fear of the bureaucratic arm of the US gov in the hearts of these 'laptop tinkerers" .. before it costs us more money .. No problem, we love to squeeze the life out of US citizens. BTW, how's our new , wankel, diesel, oilburnin, variable 3 - 5 stroke, turbine, 16 pod , soilent green , personnel carrier comin along .. ? Well sir, another 50 billion and 20 years we should be able to call it a unproven design and sweep it under the rug .. great , I'll be retired by then .. and the $6,000,000.00 a year kick back will come in handy for payin for all them hookers and blow, after I leave office ...

Don't be naïve America ...
    I'm no tree hugger, but before they point a finger at us ..
    How much air, ground and water pollution, do you think the Brunswick Corp. created since they first opened their doors in ... 1845 ???
    Every recreational boater in the U.S. could dump a 55 gallon barrel of oil in the ocean and set another one on fire back at the dock .. every ******* day for the rest of our life's and not even hold a candle (no pun) to them.

In all aspects of our own gov. from WW2 till today .. unmeasurable.

But we are sheeple .. if it doesn't bother me today, I'm OK with it. Charge me what you want every year in taxes, for property i own , I don't care .. Leave depleted fuel rods in concrete encasements, sitting out in the open at our nuke plants, as long as the light come on when I flip the switch. It's Ohh Kayyyy. Fly congress men/woman around the world on our dime, while they do nothing here at home except for cheating their way in for the sole purpose of tightening the noose on their own people .. it's OK ..

If they really gave a **** about the planet. They would go to places like this .. nut-up and pull the plug. Then i might trust them a little more -->

https://www.offbeattravelling.com/sh...fe-or-suicide/

Or maybe that water never makes it's way over here, I don't do pre-mix and I'm deff .. not Bill Nye the *** science guy, so I'm out of my league on that one ...

18. Thanks keefallan thanked for this post
    Likes keefallan, Glasstream15, loop liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want some of whatever you are takin'

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tracer round,

I hate to disappoint you, but I have been clean and sober for 31 years, 1 month and 6 days .. or 11,360 days total ... I do admit to putting 1 scoop of Folgers and a half a scoop of Bustillo in the coffee pot .. it's that chemical engineering part of me that makes me mix my own ...

I know that drug, alcohol, sex, spending abuse would never take place by our people in congress. Read "Charlie Wilson's war" or be lazy and watch the movie. Then research Nancy's little slush fund to squash the above minor issues ..

If it is the length of my posts .. it only takes a minute or three. That happened when I spent less than two dollars on a CD I found in the clearance table .. Typing for dummies ... It expanded on the one finger, poke and hope program I was on ..

The real tracer round, every time I rode past "Gene Stoner's estate" on the S. fork of the St. Lucie river ... I wondered how a guy that had a small shop in Ft. Pierce with no sign out front depicting it as the "Armalite corp" could pay for such a lavish estate. Must be who you know ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArmaLite_AR-15

Get a job at the little model rocket club (NASA) up the street from me. Or weld at a power plant for a couple years ... the waste of money is hiding in plain sight.
    There's another little complex in Palm Beach county that feeds the military, aero space and helo industry. It's nothing for them to fly in special mill runs of unobtanium, cut a ring thats 6 feet in diameter, 3 inch's thick and 3 inch's wide .. the outside corners and the whole center piece is .... scrap. After all it was never designated and appropriated on another job ticket .. yea I get it, just order more.
    One drill bit per hole .. 10,000 holes. Need any carbide bits ..
    BTW .. all those places are just like area-51. They have a perfect record of never spilling a drop of Haz-Mat.
    You believe the report's right ...

This time of year our sleepy little airport seems to have private jets landing every 10 minutes of so .. where do all those people go .. ???
    I sleep well at night knowing that most of these dumb as a box of rocks people earned the money the old fashioned way .. it's who they know ..

I see my sanity is in question ..
    But I'd still like to know how Mercury Marine could sell "dirty little two strokes" and "no smog equipped" four strokes that meet EPA requirements to the general public .. ???
    Ever seen anything other than a black motor on the back of a Coast Guard RIB boat .. ??? naww .. me either ..
    Makes sense for the military to have diesel / kerosene / JP , outboards. Tanks , planes and personal carriers run the same flame retardant fuel. No need in having to carry volatile fuel's to a war zone .. But tell me , why did they give a huge grant to a friend of mine to develop an engine .. err .. motor that has a small steel plate cast into the piston and a reversible magnet mounted on the deck. Maybe cuz it has a power stroke in each direction .. Magnet pulls the piston up, lets it break over the top ... and shoves it back down .. every 180 degrees .. Or maybe we are closer to "the green new deal" than I care to admit ..

21. Likes Glasstream15 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no idea that the 300XS was stronger then the 300x for much of the torque curve. I would love to see the same curves for the 225 Promax and 200XS ROS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast