Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was at Bithlo (Orlando Speedworld) one night. An open trailer with a Mazda pulled pulled in about two spots over from me. About a dozen of them pulled the hood off and started giving it the 20,000 rpm tune up .. the clutch and pressure plate came out of it .. and one of them dropped . I thought , thats it for the night. But the Black and Tan's did an investigation in a little more than an hour and everything was cleaned up and gone ... Another one pulled in across the street , started doing the same stupid **** I went and told them .. I don't really care one way or another about them things .. but there was another one of you guys here a couple hours ago that was doing the same thing .. and the shrapnel took half his head off ...

2. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    Wrong rotary. I actually have heard thru one of those before. I can even dial one.
    Thank makes you a rare breed anymore......most dont even know how to hold the earpiece anymore.......let alone turn the dial.......sad but true

4. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keefallan View Post
    Thank makes you a rare breed anymore......most dont even know how to hold the earpiece anymore.......let alone turn the dial.......sad but true
    Kind of goes on the list of how many people know how to change out a fuse in a residential electric service? Or how many people know how to operate a horse drawn carriage? If nobody is using the technology anymore, why bother to learn how to use it?

What I think is really sad is how many people that do not know how to cook. People think that heating up some frozen, pre-prepared type meal is cooking. I wanted biscuits and gravy the other night and the only thing I used that was pre-made was the sausage. When I make my baked beans, I can make noises that sound like an outboard.
    Last edited by SS Minnow; 11-12-2020 at 07:10 PM.

6. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Technology overlaps ...

If you cant change a fuse , your gonna have a hard time changing a fixture. Or putting a new wheel on your buggy that you'll have to use cuz ya cant figure out how how to get the gas cap off of your empty car. Forget about advanced lefty loosie, rightie-dialie ifin ya ever want to change the prop on your boat ..

As for cookin .. ifin ya can't dial a phone, how ya ever gonna call for room service ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Technology overlaps ...

If you cant change a fuse , your gonna have a hard time changing a fixture. Or putting a new wheel on your buggy that you'll have to use cuz ya cant figure out how how to get the gas cap off of your empty car. Forget about advanced lefty loosie, rightie-dialie ifin ya ever want to change the prop on your boat ..

As for cookin .. ifin ya can't dial a phone, how ya ever gonna call for room service ..
    I know very few people that would even attempt to change an electrical fixture and most of the people I know are blue collar. They are simply scared of electricity because they do not understand it.

Same goes for changing a wheel on their modern day carriage, very few young people know how to do this. But that was not what I stated. Would you be confident operating a horse drawn carriage through a mountain road where a simple mistake would put you over the side of a 500' cliff? I would not be.

As far as the phone goes, you cannot even use a rotary phone on any service that I have. Everything is digital and the rotary phone would not be able to dial out. It might be able to answer calls, but I am not sure about that. If someone could not figure out which end you talk into and listen to, it would not bother me if that person were to starve.

I have seen a person with a college education (bachelors) that did not know how to address an envelope or where to put the stamp. Have also seen another that wanted to borrow my lighter so he could check how much gas was in the tank of his motorcycle. Both of these people made a metric $hit ton of money, so who am I to point a finger?

Have seen a bunch of other dumb stuff that I could post for ever about, but I am sure you have seen your share as well. My point being, why would you take the time to teach somebody how to do something that does not even exist anymore. It would be like you teaching your great grand kids how to pre-mix for a 2 stroke.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... --- --..-- / -.. --- . ... / - .... .- - / -- . .- -. / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / .... --- .-- / - --- / -.. . -.-. --- -.. . / --. --- --- -.. / --- .-.. -.. / -- --- .-. ... . ..--.. / .... --- .-- / -.-. .- -. / -.-- --- ..- / --- .-. -.. . .-. / .-. --- --- -- / ... . .-. ...- .. -.-. . / .-- .. - .... --- ..- - / .. - ..--.. / -.- . . .--. / .. - / ..- .--. / .- -. -.. / .. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / ... - .- .-. - / .--. --- ... - .. -. --. / .. -. / .--. --- .-. - ..- --. ..- . ... . / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . .-.-.- / - .... .- - / .. ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / - .... .- - / --- -. .-.. -.-- / .- -. / .. --. ..- .- -. .- / ..- -. -.. . .-. ... - .- -. -.. ... / .- -. -.. / -.-- --- ..- / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -. . . -.. / - .-- --- / ... --- / - .... . / --- -. . / -.. --- . ... / -. --- - / --. . - / -... --- .-. . -.. / .- -. -.. / ... - .- .-. - / . .- - .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / - --- .-- . .-.. / .-. .- -.-. -.- ... .-.-.- / .-.. -- .- --- -.-.-- -.-.-- -.-.-- -.-.-- -.-.-- / -.-- --- ..- .----. .-. . / .- / - .-. .. .--. / -.-. .... .- --.. .-.-.-

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^I don't know morse code, but these days, all you have to do is copy and paste that into a translator. And since invasive iguanas are running rampant in my back yard, I suppose they can help translate that Portuguese morse code if you decide to go that route!

Wow seems like people from Screamandfly are as badly affected by ADD as I am! How did we get here from a thread titled "Best sounding CONSUMER outboards"?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I like the sound of the 2.5s........2.5hp that is. Pup, pup, pup, pup........... followed by the cursing, and then repeated pulling of the recoil........

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

12. Likes LakeFever, Headless Hula liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like that would take up so much more space in morse code.

I just installed a brand new fuse box in my shop last year. 125 amp to the syncrowave. Good thing I remember watching my father change them as a kid, I should be able to figure it out if they ever blow. Shoes off and wet I know. The rest I can google.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sound of an OMC race V6 passing under one of the stone bridges across the river Seine during the 24 hour race at Rouen beats them all.

2.5s are puppies. 3 puppies next to each other on some rich guy’s transom are still puppies. Those OMCs are big dogs.

As to consumer outboards, I like the purity of 3 cylinder engines.
    Last edited by Markus; 11-19-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

15. Likes FMP liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoaner View Post
    ^I don't know morse code, but these days, all you have to do is copy and paste that into a translator. And since invasive iguanas are running rampant in my back yard, I suppose they can help translate that Portuguese morse code if you decide to go that route!

Wow seems like people from Screamandfly are as badly affected by ADD as I am! How did we get here from a thread titled "Best sounding CONSUMER outboards"?
    I have no idea what your talking about Gilligan .. The U.S.S. Minnow and I speak fluent Portuguese ... Italian .. Japanese as well as Morse code ..

Such as the following response to the Skipper ... <--(Mrs Howell's perfume)

QUINDI, VUOL DIRE CHE SAI COME DECODIFICARE IL BUON VECCHIO MORSE?COME SI PUÒ ORDINARE IL SERVIZIO IN CAMERA SENZA DI ESSA? CONTINUATE COSÌ E INIZIERÒ A POSTARE IN PORTOGHESE CODICE MORSE.QUESTO È QUALCOSA CHE SOLO UN'IGUANA CAPISCE E NE AVRETE BISOGNO DI DUE IN MODO CHE QUELLO NON SI ANNOIA E INIZIARE A MANGIARE I VOSTRI RACK DI ASCIUGAMANI.Lmao!!!!! SEI UN MAGO DEL VIAGGIO.

17. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

19. Likes big tom, oldschoolltv liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    I just installed a brand new fuse box in my shop last year. 125 amp to the syncrowave. Good thing I remember watching my father change them as a kid, I should be able to figure it out if they ever blow. Shoes off and wet I know. The rest I can google.
    Ya ain't layed on the pedal till ya let the smoke out ...
    I knocked the lugs out of a 200 amp service box ... twice ..

It did get better when my weld bench / steel rack that's bolted to the wall got a lug and "00" cable that goes to a stainless rod that's hammered 6 feet into the dirt out back .. Now that I think about it, the service box now has a 4 ga. wire thru the wall to another ground rod .. 3 total so far, so good ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That thing has some real snap, cackle and pop!,

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ya ain't layed on the pedal till ya let the smoke out ...
    I knocked the lugs out of a 200 amp service box ... twice ..

It did get better when my weld bench / steel rack that's bolted to the wall got a lug and "00" cable that goes to a stainless rod that's hammered 6 feet into the dirt out back .. Now that I think about it, the service box now has a 4 ga. wire thru the wall to another ground rod .. 3 total so far, so good ..

2 grounds in the service is code now. In to the water table. Bigger the better I agree.

Best sounding outboard is the one that gets you there and back! <-so i don't lose too much focus.
    ANTI40​It's just an idea.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast