Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're right Joe....proly why The Pirate pulled out of racing

would love to see The Pirate, STR, and Wicked go at it...would be a great race!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tp.jpeg 
Views:	267 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	476243

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Well said Joe.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    100% why Nick stopped. He dealt with the same stuff and spent a ton of money/time/effort for something that was "supposed to be fun". He went out and proved that he was fast as hell but at what cost and for what reward? Its one thing to do it and be happy but when you get screwed like he did at Cocoa and in Key West then leave the weekend frustrated....No thanks- you might as well get a second wife if you want to get rid of cash and have additional aggravation in your life-with any luck at all you will get more ride time-

Joe

4. Likes noli, CUDA liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Driver blames the throttle man, throttle man blames the driver. When it's really the fault of who ever thought it was a good idea to get into something the size of a school bus that handles like a forklift, goes 120 mph, while seated in a giant blind spot, and "needs" 2 people to "operate".

It's really a miracle you guys can finish a race at all.

I love watching those boats go by. I just don't see how you can race"offshore" powerboats in these close quarters courses and expect this not to happen?

6. Likes Da Bull liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    was the cat going around that cruiser so not following the course as the other guys expected?
    Was it the first lap?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No one is counted as a DNF , until they wave the black and white table cloth.
    And then it's winner , second , third etc. on down the line. Unless there is a minimum speed rule in effect , you can drive a POS around at idle and pick up laps or even down to track scoring segments until they throw the flag, and then you are scored by how far you made it. You can pull into the infield , fix your junk , pull back out and maybe be a lap down ( when my son was born, my mom told me I went a lap down LOL ) but get back out and even though you prob won't get your lap back , if something like this happens that puts them down more than one lap , you have a chance of gaining a few points .. Which can mean the diff at the end of the year / race weekend Championship.

Those boats were heading into the sun and it's glare off the water. The STR boat was drifting outside the racing line ... not running at speed , but was still on plane.

Todd and Mike made a late attempt to go under , but chose to go around the outside. Good move at avoiding running over or maybe clipping the STR boat. A bit out of their way going around the outside , but they kept their momentum and rolled around the second pin , leaving a lane , maybe two on the inside.

The #28 boat avoiding all that hugged the first pin fairly tight . I'm sure they must have thought they were gonna gap either or the STR + Todd / Mike boat(s) by taking the "shortcut".
    Didn't work , they got to the second pin .. well second. Instead of continuing a course that put them running into Todd/Mike , they should have backed off and used the steering wheel to use the lane that was left open to them on the inside. Plenty of room to race cleanly , just at that moment , they didn't have the mental capacity, driver ability, or experience to use it.

It's easy to play the "Tuesday morning Quarterback". But some things do stick out like a sore thumb though. In this day and age, if you can afford it .. you can say .. geez honey , lets go do this or that for a while .
    I have built 7 second 180 mph cars for people who had no business driving a 10 or 11 second car. The saving grace was the licensing procedure. You need two drivers with a equal to or greater than credentials as well as the track manager to sign off for you ... half one night , half on another . Little time to let it sink in.
    Pretty common knowledge .. if you wouldn't trust the guy to be in the other lane with you @ 180 or 200 .. it's ok to tell them "NO" won't sign , but come back on test and tune nights , get some clean runs under your belt .. then I'll be happy to ..

If all you have to do is buy the equipment , join the promoters organization , pay the entry fee .. an by golly .. youz a pro~fessional boat racer, your bound to see more of this stuff happening.

Racing .. I like what Ralph Earnhardt said to Dale Sr. in the movie "3" when Sr. said: Daddy , I aint never goin back to work at that mill ... I'm gonna race !
    Son they cant put in in ya , and they cant take it out ya .. So I aint gonna tell ya what to do with your life ...

Does it make sense ...

Is there any type of racing that's cheap at the middle/upper levels ..

Are there times you win , when ya cant fall out of a tree ...

Are there times ya lose , when the railbirds had ya as the favorite win ..

Do ya sometimes deliberately get XXXXXX over by the powers that be ..

Is there anything else in the world that feels like when they point at you and say , that's the champ right there ...

9. Likes CUDA liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    Driver blames the throttle man, throttle man blames the driver. When it's really the fault of who ever thought it was a good idea to get into something the size of a school bus that handles like a forklift, goes 120 mph, while seated in a giant blind spot, and "needs" 2 people to "operate".

It's really a miracle you guys can finish a race at all.

I love watching those boats go by. I just don't see how you can race"offshore" powerboats in these close quarters courses and expect this not to happen?

Couldn`t have said it better my self. Nail on da head. I think they should change the name to inshore. REAL offshore racing stopped a long time ago. Same boats just on flat short course waters.
    BTW, I love that camera thing that goes 360. I don`t know how they do it but i like it.
    Last edited by Da Bull; 10-31-2020 at 04:57 AM.

11. Likes Merc 2.5 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be no tunnels racing in your world Bull, plus no spectators, people like to see what's going on.

This class is SWEET don't blow it guys.

Where would your balls be if you were in this boat?

After figuring out how to view that first video, It looks like

Assault with a dangerous weapon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scan_20200426.png  
    Last edited by CUDA; 10-31-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of good posts on this one.......

14. Likes sick_nick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #28 had been hugging that pin tight with speed all day. No reason to think it could not repeat that. It owned the inside lane and was cut off. #11 closed hard to the inside from pin one to pin two. Went from wide out side prior to pin one to deep inside at pin two. Drove like it owned the course with a 300 foot lead.
    #11 hit #28.
    That's racing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...well... i can see that nothing's changed in offshore for the last 40 years i've seen & been involved with it... think i'll go to the frig & get that last piece of angel food cake with chocolate frosting thats been call'n my name...excuse me gentlemen...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnelfun View Post
    #28 had been hugging that pin tight with speed all day. No reason to think it could not repeat that. It owned the inside lane and was cut off. #11 closed hard to the inside from pin one to pin two. Went from wide out side prior to pin one to deep inside at pin two. Drove like it owned the course with a 300 foot lead.
    #11 hit #28.
    That's racing.
    I saw in todays paper Wal~Mart is having a sale on prescription lenses ..

Here is why I say that ...

28 started on the outside , got roosted early , dipped to the inside ... that didnt work , went thru the roost again going back outside.
    I didn't count how many times he tried that .. maybe 4 or 5 .. to no avail. well unless he was washing the bugs off of the windscreen or sumptin ...
    The 28 never got in front of the 11 ... not once not for a second )--->
    If you think so , please post a picture from 0 to 7:00 minutes.

Here's one from 7:01 just before the second cone . Plenty of room and keep in mind they need to head back 180* along the same radius , from which they came.

Still behind and like it or not , the lead boat picks his line .
    28 got outrun and wet , maybe thought it was his one chance ... since he was never this close ... except for a few seconds at the start ...

Motor at his shoulder , trimmed up and still pumping a full rooster tail even after impact . Axe your boy , where did he think he was going ... ???

Except for ... around ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The above post is 100% correct in every aspect. This was the first point that Al and Jay (28) were close enough to go for the 2nd position. This happened because the 1st place boat slowed causing the 2nd place boat Todd and Mike (11) to go wide or hit the first place boat. This left a gap that both boats could fit in but someone had to go inside and in order to make that turn would have needed to lift. Al is not a rookie racer (he has had other race boats and races cars on road courses)-Jay (his throttle man) is the most seasoned person aside from Gary Ballough that was on the course at the time. Jay is a 100% hard charger and was going for the win. They just had too much heat going into the 2nd pin and ran out of lane.

It happened at the last race with C & R and Performance boat center. This is going to become common as these boats are all getting tighter in speeds. Its like going to the local go cart track, you either have the faster cart to stay out front or you bump in the turns. If the guys in this class want to respect each other enough to stay safe and not deal with the major cost of repairs and rolls remains to be seen.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note to self. PIT maneuver does not work with steering in the back. Check.

20. Likes sick_nick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instant Karma!

That 360 camera is the best, how ever that baby works I'm impressed. never knew such a devise existed

Mike your a great driver, Todd It's great to see your plan working out

Why is Shaun's boat that much faster?
    We have invented the world; WE see

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast