Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this doesn't exist yet, but I would love to see the 360 APX motor on a ROS midsection and lower unit

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	360_sportmaster.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	475862

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need a 36 ft. for those.
    We have invented the world; WE see

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    He has Merc stock $

those old 2 strokes are doing just fine,

I THINK Merc should bite ... whatever and sell these imaginary 15inch V-8 at a serious discount to these guys

How much better advertising can they get?

To make a whole class buy all new motors to make WHO happy

MERCURY

The showcase class for sure, stock is a beautiful thing

This class is like the rich mans NASCAR but like the old days when they used real cars not what it is today...

Like $30,000 for a complete 15" motor, $ 60,000. is out of the question

Advertising expense

The objective of this class is and always has been so that a customer can see a production motor that they are able to purchase from their local being utilized. You couldn't buy a new 2.4 so the class went to a 2.5 260, then they were no longer available so they went to the 280, then they were no longer available so the class changed to the 300XS now you can't buy a 300XS so they class will switch to the 300R. When you can't buy a new 300R, guess what the class will do-this is evolution and if you don't evolve, then you race vintage or a class that allows use of the power in question.

It has nothing to do with Mercury or Four stroke but what other performance option in the 300 hp category to they have? There were teams that tried running yamaha, suzuki, and omc in the past. What would really be cool is to see another manufacture build something competitive and support teams to use their product but that hasn't happened in many years and mercury doesn't need any help with sales and marketing at this point in the game.

Joe

I can't believe I'm gonna say , I somewhat agree with .... Cuder

2.4 , 2.5 , 260 , 280 , 300xs ... You forgot the very short stint with the 200xs

Best way to kill a class is for the "powers that be" to spend the racers money for them .. I spoke before about how the NHRA nearly killed their Alky classes by doing the same thing .. Here look for yourself. See how long most of the names lasted ..

https://www.dragracecentral.com/

Stock / Super Stock .... Super has always meant that there is a bit of leniency in the rules package. Joe , lets look @ a "standard package" for the class.

Lower unit .. Todd wanted to build a template that fit the lower unit when he was tech director of the class. Silhouette outline as well as side profile of the bottom/ side's of the housing. Since most of them have been sent to that guy here in Stuart that profiles the case for like $1700.00 each. He would have killed of 80% of the class right there. I still have the parts in case you ever want the job ..

Mid section .. the 300xs never came with a 280 swivel bucket or a 15" aftermarket can and tuner. But that's what 100% of them run.
    I don't know if the Professors adapter that puts a 300xs on a 280 can is still legal , but we don't see them out there any more.

Powerhead .. 300xs .. I don't know if any of the ones you mentioned are still legal, but no one runs them. Mercury still make's parts for the 300xs as well as reman powerheads.
    When someone can't fall out of a tree one day , and is a class killer the next .... they say he's cheating . Maybe so , but they either need to police the Motorola , or make everything you can do to it legal. The so called "flash" has been said to add .... nothing . so let them have at it.

Cowling ... they all run a carbon pan and Alien hat that replicates a 300x .. not a 300xs

A well proven combination , but far from "stock" ..

Race what you currently sell ... I agree with that . On paper it looks good. To the guy who bought four 300xs motors , threw half of it away and spent $6000 ~ $8000 on each one to bring them up to speed .. won't think that moving into a set of porkchops plus spares .. is a very good deal. Especially since 80% of the people on the beach don't know the difference between a 2.4 and a 4.6
    V-8's , 20" mid ... not going to handle the same as what they have now. The hitters go to throw it into a corner, business as usual , roll, roll, roll your boat .. violently thru stream .. as you say , two edge sword.
    Who is going to police those .. ??? You have the factory setting's of the ign and and fuel curve .. ??? You gonna say, yank that head off I need to CC the chamber , pour the intake port. Then if you bump them for heads or camshaft violation .. they coming back legal , next week .. ???

I went fishin a few weeks back with a friend. I seen a lot of boats on the water that had "Bob's hydraulic jackplates" on them .. not legal in Stock / SS
    What I didn't see was one single boat with "mud flaps" in front of the motors ..
    Watch .. monkey see , monkey do .. Chaz = predicting they will all have them in 2021.
    Before they make rule changes ..they need to think things thru. And just like when mama would put our son on restriction "for a week" because she was mad .. I'd look at her like .. who's gonna enforce that ..???

As far as what happened the other day ...
    You cant tell me that there is not enough room to pull into the tide , drift back , do it again one one motor if need be .. that of make them all have cute little carbon anchors on a winless . Make them all stop under a red flag condition ..

I have run in circles myself at a younger age. If a car or bike that was off the pace took the inside line .. he was considered an a_ _hole. Your sposta move to the outside to get out of the way of the racing line .. maybe better mirrors should be mandatory. There's no back window where the guy behind you can see your hand in the air .. maybe if it's safe enough ( top structure) the canopy's might need a bit of a rethink.
    Didn't see what happened .. and I understand you guys not wanting to point a finger .. but Todd's boat looks to have been hit from the drivers shoulder back to the quarter panel - rear bumper .. Which in any other track racing mean's he had a half a length lead .. the line is his . If he went outside, squared the corner, got a run going that cut the guy off and was gonna put him into the corner marker .. then well he's gonna get run over .. As was said , that's racing. I've told plenty of people over the decades, when you go racing, you hope to win, but sometimes you leave the place with nothing left but your life .. You have to be able to (as my friend says) burn stack's of $100 dollar bills and have it not bother you , one single bit .. I put a rod out the side of a brand new Donovan HC 700 block .. I needed a rubber room for a few days .. until I came to grips with the fact that I didn't run thru my own oil , go sideways into the wall at 200 MPH.
    I was grateful to only have a block that needed curtains welded over the window .. instead of spending the rest of my life eating thru a straw .
    DW , has done a good job protecting the occupants life's ... sometimes because of that , people get the impression that they are invincible ... I'm just glad that everyone was able to walk away ... this time .

4. Thanks HydroSkreamin thanked for this post
    Likes HydroSkreamin, CUDA liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw on Shaun's IG that he had dirt in his fuel, is that the official story or did he run out?

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bad fuel for STR was Friday.

Regarding the other conversations Stock Class is getting great so I also fear that motor changes would add cost and potentially loose some teams. Say mercury comes out with a V8 300 ROS could they allow both motors to compete? Or if the V8 ROS is more like 350 hp then make the boats that choose to use the V8s carry some extra weight.

7. Likes InjectorService liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake rat Skater View Post
    The bad fuel for STR was Friday.

Regarding the other conversations Stock Class is getting great so I also fear that motor changes would add cost and potentially loose some teams. Say mercury comes out with a V8 300 ROS could they allow both motors to compete? Or if the V8 ROS is more like 350 hp then make the boats that choose to use the V8s carry some extra weight.
    I doubt mercury wants there newest/ golden child out there losing to old tech. I'd be surprised if both were seen in the same class. They've invested a lot in propaganda to risk losing, even if it's to themselves with 2 strokes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah racing is like taxes

What can I get away with, the grey zone.

Like...
    "Best way to kill a class is for the "powers that be" to spend the racers money for them ''. CZ
    We have invented the world; WE see

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3