Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2.5 260 Help

I recently purchased a 1998 2.5 260. I’m going to mount it on my mirage ski racer. Need some help on what fuel pump to run and the best way to plumb it up so I don’t starve it for fuel. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diamond Marine may no longer exist, but the article below is probably the most informative article written on fueling Merc 2.5 EFI motors:
    http://www.diamondmarine.com/web_pag...l%20System.htm
    An AEM 400LPH would be a good pump to use with a -10AN supply from the tank, through a -10AN in-line 100 micron filter. On the outlet side you can use either -6AN or -8AN supply up to the rail, which has a -6 (3/8”) inlet. You should install a good (<40 micron) inline filter before the fuel rail.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CI STV View Post
    Diamond Marine may no longer exist, but the article below is probably the most informative article written on fueling Merc 2.5 EFI motors:
    http://www.diamondmarine.com/web_pag...l%20System.htm
    An AEM 400LPH would be a good pump to use with a -10AN supply from the tank, through a -10AN in-line 100 micron filter. On the outlet side you can use either -6AN or -8AN supply up to the rail, which has a -6 (3/8”) inlet. You should install a good (<40 micron) inline filter before the fuel rail.
    good advice , I recommend a fuel cell with a sump & Always mount the pump directly behind the fuel cell with the 10an supply running down hill to the pump. for a 260 6an supply to the rail & 4an return is fine.