Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TR19 prop help!!

I have A 1999 Triton Tr19 with a 200 EFI in it. Over rated by 25 Hp. Been trying to figure out the right prop for this boat. I currently have a 25 tempest on it and it’s running 6300-6400 with me alone. I can Trade the prop for a 27 tempest or a 26 fury. Question is... how is the fury compared to the tempest? IVe always run tempest props but I was Told the Fury is a good prop for light set ups. So to drop my RPMs 300-400 RPMs should I go With the 27 tempest or the 26 fury?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tempest has alot bow lift and runs well on most bass boats , only fury i have run was on a much smaller boat (15ft) and had a 200. The fury had way to much bowlift for THAT BOAT. When I tested the tempest few months ago it had little slower hole shot but I didn't get to play with pvs plugs much either.

With all that said, I think they will both run good. What wot mph now?

Also 25 to a 27 will prob be boit 500rpm diffrence. They say every pitch is roughly 300 rpm , of course boat, motor, and bout everything else will dictate those #s

1 more thing. Consider keeping your rpm where it is , those motors like it there , and if u throw 1 or 2 more people and cooler in it , it will bring rpm down quite a bit ,

Where if u go up to 27 , u mite b changing to 25 to carry couple people
    Last edited by Merc 2.5; 10-21-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most say the tempest is the prop for that rig. The fury does run very well and does have a lot of bow lift. Personally I like the fury better because it has quicker holeshot and acceleration. Didn’t say your speeds, but found the extra bow lift causes a wall around 77-78 mph, if you going faster than that tempest may be better. The fury will run stiffer than the tempest, so the rpms will close on the two. The fury likes to run deeper and the tempest will run higher

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was running 74ish with the 25 around 6300-6400. I’m running the 26 fury now. It lowered my RPMs to 6000 around 73. Not as much lift as the tempest. What would y’all recommend for a tempest? 26 or 27?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And.. im by myself most of the time. Sometimes 1 other person. I always Run a light load. My jack plate is pretty low right now just to keep RPMs down. I’d like to be able to come up some on it.. I loved The way the tempest run on my boat but I just Felt like it was turning way to many RPMs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I’d be fine with the 6300 rpm and have better holeshot. More than likely your speed won’t change much just rpm change, kinda like what you experienced with the fury. The differences will have more to do with just every prop is different, even the exact same props. You may can try lowering the fury and see if speed increases and rpm lowers (fury’s always ran faster for me) If you have access to the two tempest, run em, one of them may be a runner. The 27 will probably get ya closer to the rpm your looking for and may be able to pick up some speed by raising motor, but will sacrifice some take off