One of my early friends in outboard drag racing was Ron Hausmann, I met him at a Tenn. drag race he was driving a red Allison,

For those that don't know at that time DSRA, Tenn drag boat association, Alabama drag boat association joined to become ODBA,

The goal was to become a true professional group, they wanted us to wear racing suites, speedvision showcased a number of races with talk of a

TV contract to be able to fund real prize money, which never happen.

Ron and his lovely wife Kim went to every race, they were always a pleasure to see very happy positive people, Ron quit racing for a while don't

remember why but they always showed up at Jasper (his parents moved there) every year Ron and KIm were working the boat ramp directing

boats in and out for each class, at dinner last Saturday I said to Tommy Dunn that Ron was not around I heard he was going to return to racing?

Tommy said he passed away, I was in disbelief so I googled it and sure enough he was right, Ron was thin did not smoke lived a healthy life

style, unbelievable for a 61 year old physically fit person to die from a massive heart attack, his father is still alive.
\
From what Kim said his son bought a large lot to build a house near by, Ron owned a home construction company so he was walking the lot with

his son who is a engineer for the state of Florida, right then and there he had the heart attack, his son did CPR but not much you can do with a

massive attack outside of a hospital, I've done CPR on dead people, can't imagine having to work on my father.

Talking to his widow Kim Monday she said the boat is for sale, It's a DR20 Triad that has always been in the garage and is one of the lightest ever

built, white in color, Ron raced at 1200lb and 1250lb classes and he was 6' 1" 200lb and had to add weight.

This boat is ready to run the best of everything not sure who built the Merc but just needs fuel, Ron raced Pro Gas and was meticulous.

Kim said she has no Idea what anything is worth and I don't want to post her number on line but if you have interest please send me a PM and I

will pass her info on, RIP my old GOOD friend.

The GOOD die young...https://obituaries.timesenterprise.c...ann-1073795461