Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now that I have internet again I can comment.

Damn, nitro_rat you have been having some trying times lately. Glad to see things moving in the right direction. I'll put you in my prayers.

And as Commander Taggert says, Never give up, never surrender!
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

2. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, it's been an interesting few weeks! I've gotten mostly into working on old Chevy trucks. That's an area where I'm comfortable. I'm doing a full build on a 1980 C-10 for the shop and doing a lot of work on a few trucks for customers. Also building several rear ends.

My house is an old pier and beam job and one corner was trying to fall off rhe the blocks so I'm working on that...

No progress on the 18 hp project, still awaiting a test run.

Check out my page for more updates: https://m.facebook.com/rayburn.performance
    Josh Peterson

4. Likes CDave, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    Well, it's been an interesting few weeks! I've gotten mostly into working on old Chevy trucks. That's an area where I'm comfortable. I'm doing a full build on a 1980 C-10 for the shop and doing a lot of work on a few trucks for customers. Also building several rear ends.

My house is an old pier and beam job and one corner was trying to fall off rhe the blocks so I'm working on that...

No progress on the 18 hp project, still awaiting a test run.

Check out my page for more updates: https://m.facebook.com/rayburn.performance

Happy to see that things are working out for you. I have been self employed since 2000. I had a job for a few years, 2004-08 but it was an offer I could not turn down. Like everything else it is a thing you have to get used to. Many a days all I was able to afford was Mac and Cheese, but I made it and am happy to be where I am at compared to punching a clock and making someone else rich.

Keep it up man, I am rootin 4 ya!!!!!!

6. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes CDave, InjectorService liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty much doing what I did in my spare time before but now I'm charging for my time! My grandparents have a camp house that's been neglected so I'm taking care of some odds and ends out there too. Hopefully I'll be able to make it on my own, I don't want to go back to work!
    Josh Peterson

8. Likes SS Minnow, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was a rough barrier for me to get over. Doing favors for people in my off time, and then they were pissed when I wanted to charge them. Never mind they were making 5 figures while asking me to work for nothing. I have no problem teaching somebody how to do what I do, but straight up having me do all the work, just so they could flip the place and see big profits, I want my piece of the action, too. Recently posted this in another thread, business is business, you want a friend, get a dog. That was told to me by a life long family friend. It was more of a warning then a motto. Kind of, watch out for what is out there. Everybody is out to get you.

10. Likes Forkin' Crazy, keefallan, nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good to hear nitro_rat. Glad to hear people doing their thing and making it work.
    -----------------------
    -----

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

12. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well guys, it's been a busy several months. I've learned a lot about myself and others and business! Location isn't everything but it's a lot. I'm buying out a friend of mine's muffler shop in town and I'm going to run with that. Location is there, walk-in traffic is good, cash flow is present...

Haven't been on much but I'm still collecting parts to build a 225 Promax for my Varmint. Cash flow and time are both short right now but I hope to be ready for next summer. BIG shout out to Jay Smith for helping me out and being supportive these last several months!
    Josh Peterson

14. Likes CDave, LakeFever, tnelsmn, 89LASER, sonicss33 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fantastic, it's always good hearing about things moving forward and getting better. As the old saying goes, Keep on keeping on. May God light your path.
    -----------------------
    -----

-- John F. Kennedy 1962

16. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lessons to be had every day. Learning is the path to increased success. Knowing yourself is a heck of a challenge. All sounds very promising Josh wishing you all the best with the new biz and the boat build
    Hydrostream dreamin

18. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro_rat View Post
    Well guys, it's been a busy several months. I've learned a lot about myself and others and business! Location isn't everything but it's a lot. I'm buying out a friend of mine's muffler shop in town and I'm going to run with that. Location is there, walk-in traffic is good, cash flow is present...

Haven't been on much but I'm still collecting parts to build a 225 Promax for my Varmint. Cash flow and time are both short right now but I hope to be ready for next summer. BIG shout out to Jay Smith for helping me out and being supportive these last several months!
    Good to hear from you Josh. I was wondering what was going on with you and the "SHOP". You had come to mind a more than a few times when I was meandering on here. I too, haven't been on here as much as I had enjoyed last year. Life gets you going and doing things you don't want to do or be at times..........right there with ya right now. Still working on my junk. But, its in rolling along......albeit slowly.
    Blessings to you.

20. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, I made a big step forward yesterday, picked up a complete motor for my Varmint. It's got a CLE lower, ridgeback can on a 3 ram clamp, 150 Mariner Mag cowl, 200EE block with 200PM 'puter. Somebody's Frankenmerc hot rod project, came off a bass boat down around Orange, TX, Circle D boats stickers all over it. Hopefully it won't take too much work to get it ready. I'll probably be ditching the ridgeback and going with a PM style drilled bass can (i.e. what's already rigged on my hull with steering set up already). Don't need any unnecessary attention...
    Josh Peterson

22. Likes LakeFever, tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! Congrats man good to see you back in the game
    Hydrostream dreamin