Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The shop I'm moving out of is fully climate controlled, honestly I rarely ever used it. Doors down in winter was enough to stay warm and doors down in summer just looked like the shop was closed...
    Josh Peterson

2. Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well guys, kicked in the nuts again. Got laid off from my "good job" today. Totally unexpected. Oh well, the new shop is going to have to pay for itself!
    Josh Peterson

4. Likes Forkin' Crazy, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn bro! That sucks. Hope something comes up for you!

6. Likes nitro_rat, SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know, it was like a massive kick in the nuts Monday morning. I was expecting to get a call telling me to go back to Pensacola to overhaul 5 units in a power plant that went underwater during the hurricane. Instead the call was "you've been laid off."

I went home and drug out all of my "work" stuff and mailed back the stuff they wanted and threw away the rest. Literally everything. No lost time award jackets, all of it. Kept a few business cards as a momento.

I started thinking, "maybe I can cancel the order for the building." Then I had an epiphany and realized that I've been gone from home too long and I'm missing out on my daughter's life. I need to make this building pay for itself.

I got a call from my best friend who has gotten into selling used cars and he offered to show me the ropes. Historically my family has always been in the car business so I guess it's time for me to jump in!

My plan is to get my building up and get the property in to shape to qualify to get my dealer license. I'll get my marine accounts opened back up and operate both businesses myself. The boat thing just won't pay for itself on its own here but it's what I enjoy.

No more partnerships or lease deals for me, it's going to be me 100% and nothing I've ever put 100% into has ever been a failure!!!

Tomorrow I'll be trying to get my DBA and new business stuff sorted out, also I'll be trying to nail down a firm date for the delivery of my building. My dad is also retiring this month coincidentally and he seems enthusiastic about helping me out.

Wish me luck...
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I sure hope it all works out for the best for ya. 2020 sucks

9. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Lots of headway this morning! The county assigned the shop a new address, I got my assumed name filed, got my EIN from the IRS. Got an appointment at the bank this afternoon to get my Business checking account opened.

My dad is retiring and he should be home next weekend so hopefully he'll be able to help me get stuff shuffled around to make this work!
    Josh Peterson

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sucks to hear that you lost a good job. I have been there, it sucks.

Getting into car sales can be a blessing. I know a couple few people that have made a very good living selling cars, used ones particularly. The only downside was that they committed a lot of hours and were off very little. Works for some, others not so much.

Either way, keep pushing on. Nice to hear you have family to help you out. That can be priceless, especially one of your parents. They only want to see you succeed.

12. Likes nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm used to the hours, it will be a welcome change to lay my head on my own pillow every night though. Everybody seems to be having a hard time right now but for those at the bottom the economy doesn't really impact their income. I'm planning to focus on cheap cash cars. Those are particularly in demand right now.

Got a call about the building, it will be here on Monday...
    Josh Peterson

14. Likes tnelsmn, SS Minnow, 89LASER, Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck to you man!

16. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck Josh. It blessed me to hear you say what you did about being in your daughter's life.

Still prayin' for ya.

18. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Josh, the kicks keep on coming. Glad to hear you've got your head up though, with your priorities straight. Sometimes the worst news turns out to be the best blessing, even if you don't see it right aways. Good luck, I'm sure you will do great!

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

20. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Likes LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You picked out your lights yet? I was looking at them and found this: https://my.ilstu.edu/~gjin/p2/Lighti...n_Energy6.html

I have regular T5s in my garage, but the ceiling is only 9' or so. They are great longs as you don't get too high with them.

A friend of mine has the high bay (T5s I think) in his aircraft hanger, and they are bad ass. Like looking into the sun.. LOL!

22. Thanks nitro_rat thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forkin' Crazy View Post
    You picked out your lights yet? I was looking at them and found this: https://my.ilstu.edu/~gjin/p2/Lighti...n_Energy6.html

I have regular T5s in my garage, but the ceiling is only 9' or so. They are great longs as you don't get too high with them.

A friend of mine has the high bay (T5s I think) in his aircraft hanger, and they are bad ass. Like looking into the sun.. LOL!
    Haven't given any more than passing thought to lights. I'm going to have to figure out getting electricity over there from the shed, I'll be redoing the nightmare of electrical that is the shed also. I've got to gut it and convert it to an "office." My friend's father-in-law is an electrician so hopefully maybe he can help. I'll check those out that you shared Forkin.

I can't thank you guys enough for the encouragement. Got my mailbox put up today. Been working through trying to get some commercial accounts set up. I've got a few done but some will have to wait until I get my physical tax ID certificate. It's been raining here all day, we're on the outskirts of the Hurricane. Hopefully the weather won't delay the building. It's supposed to be here Monday afternoon.
    Josh Peterson

24. Likes Forkin' Crazy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Think of it as an opportunity - yes its change and it creates some uncertainty - like when you bought your first home and wondered how or if you could afford it - well change is constant as you move forward but you seem to be morphing into it well - keep swimming - that Sandy protected cove is getting close - it' just some hard work and family - couldn' be better . Some say it' luck - i find the harder you work - the luckier you become . Remember it' an opportunity - i suspect you will be better off

26. Likes nitro_rat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are detailing or doing any paint work, the more light the better.

As far as your panel, get 50% more (or as much as you can stand) than you think need. Make sure your service is up to it. It might cost more, but a hell of a lot easier/cheaper than the trouble of adding on later. The last shop I had wired, I still had 40% of the panel open and the shop was surrounded by 110 outlets, with quad receptacles on each side of the roll up doors and duplex all the way around in intervals. Also had a few 220 plugs for the welder, etc.

28. Likes nitro_rat, CDave liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast