Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by the way why do you guys always seem to have these nice calm waters, i always end up in the rough stuff
    even my gopro lifts it,s eye skywards
    Chaz my friend when do we get to see your gopro footage!!! ?
    Last edited by PanRonnie; 05-18-2022 at 03:23 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Broken English is 100x better than no English. For those of us that are half blind and not familiar with tuner studio ... it's hard to follow. Closed caption would be a great second choice. And yes brother, I have still watched every video you have made .... MANY TIMES with glasses and a magnifying glass ...

First fire up, ready to go to the ramp with test wheel ... tuning is restricted to :
    Inlet temp rheostat (good for aprox 10% one direction or the other) slotted crank trigger eye (both ways) Global fuel pressure adjustment (Aeromotive) Taking an extra handful of jets .. err ... injectors of known value , 40-50 sparkplugs + MOROSO light.
    While it lacks individual cylinder tuning , it's the best I have for now.

Shift interrupt .. drunken wobblers @ our sandbar with the current ripping and parking at crowded waterway restaurants don't always give you time to slip it in neutral , turn the key off, plop it in gear .. start the motor .. slip the other one in neutral ... etc, etc, before running someone over or crashing into the dock in front of 100 people ..

Flywheel : ring can be changed .. would be nice to use the ONE IT CAME WITH

Electric Oil pump : Idles @ 100:1 goes to 40:1 @ WFO The 300x program allows for a factory .030 (sorry .75 mm) factory return. I made a fixture to change jets (stainless NOS) and have tried .022 to .040 returns. No power there, however, I can make it smoke a little less after break-in.

I'd like to add A/C to my wish list ..

I had to throttle with one hand, steer with my knee, and film with the other hand. I had to pull ahead and out of the channel to see who won at the marker .. so my filming ... sukked
    I promise to do better next time ...

Electric boat motors .... Ppppfffttttttttttt Here's one that has enough battery to last the full day ...

3. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you asked so nicely i will do a proper voice over video the end of the year
    I want to get some full throttle numbers this summer
    I can hook up the ultimate remotely to the injectors and atleast run them in the test tank
    Good news is a 60-2 wheel is also no problem when you get loose from the waves
    Then Hopefully next year run autotune on the water
    I will need somebody to video that as i have my hands full with the hynautic steering
    So what are your thoughts on visiting europe?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    But, but, but .. my junk is in Floor-ee-da ..

Wait, how far are you from Amsterdam ..

Ik heb je meer dan eens aangeboden om hier in het paradijs te blijven.Ik zou graag Europa zien, maar je zou me waarschijnlijk huizen laten schilderen in plaats van me mee te nemen naar de Nederlandse Gran Prix.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need to bring your junk!
    My junk is more than enough for both of us
    Amsterdam better stay away, only tree huggers there who close down modern coal plants and replace them with tree burning installations because somebody in Brussel thinks that is environmently friendly
    If you want to see a real race we should go to the DTM real cars not those overpaid dyson machines
    No wurries about painting i will have couple of 150 fourstroke heads ready for you to weld up, build some compression

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    An oldie, but goodie ..

I don't know how I missed sensi Ronnie's post about the Maxx being able to deal with the Mercury oddball wheel count. In my eyes, thats a major step. Like I said before .. electric oil pump, shift interrupt, heat and low oil warnings .. gotta have it stuff for me. $1441.00 with harness.

Woodward .. Pppfftttt .. triple nickel .. with an 0101 board . Check out Alien tech in Italy .. if you want to B+E the box yourself. $10,000.00 get started. Yea~No ..

Gordon has the FuelTech in a few boats. ECU is the dashboard. Better be ready ditch the gauges and glass the dash shut .. $2600.00 + $300.00 for the harness.

I think the squirt got a bad rap because it came from a world of DIY board building. It does a lot of things .. but that can be bad for a guy just getting started that needs to program in his sensors and other parameters correctly .. or it won't run. Read the instructions and post a log ..

I subscribed to Joe Simpson's .. (Pan Ronnie's too) channel quite a while back .. Ronnie I love ya brother .. but we did away with silent movies back in the roaring 1920's ..

I'm still somewhat of a Haltech fan .. Lots of choices ..

The fueltech is great, for some reason i was thinking the FT600 was the only ECU that was waterproof but no the FT450 and FT550 are waterproof aswell. The issue with the megasquirt stuff is their software end is very lacking, and the ECU's aren't waterproof, plus you spend $1000 on their goldbox with harness and then you gotta spend another $900 for a racepack to get data in real time. Where as the FT550 is waterproof and around $1800 with a way better software system and touchscreen dash where you can alter things on the fly. Haltech is great as well only down side is their ECU's dont do well with marine applications atleast the ones ive seen are very finnicky with humidity and water seen a ton of their elite 1500s break in jetski stuff and pretty lacking in terms of bang for buck power from an I/O stand point.

The fueltech has an insanely fast fuel correction closed loop system. Just target an AFR and it'll autocorrect for you in real time as your making a pass lol. Holley and fueltech are the best for that.

Im also subbed to joe simpson he's a great guy and no B.S. Look up "Devin vanderhoof" on youtube he's one of the top Holley ECU wiring gurus in the industry.

I think an aftermarket ECU that is Plug and play with the new 4 stroke stuff would be a big game changer and be a legit work around with the EPA and mercury lawsuit stuff for reflashing ECU's.
    Last edited by d00m; 05-19-2022 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d00m View Post
    The fueltech is great, for some reason i was thinking the FT600 was the only ECU that was waterproof but no the FT450 and FT550 are waterproof aswell. The issue with the megasquirt stuff is their software end is very lacking, and the ECU's aren't waterproof, plus you spend $1000 on their goldbox with harness and then you gotta spend another $900 for a racepack to get data in real time. Where as the FT550 is waterproof and around $1800 with a way better software system and touchscreen dash where you can alter things on the fly. Haltech is great as well only down side is their ECU's dont do well with marine applications atleast the ones ive seen are very finnicky with humidity and water seen a ton of their elite 1500s break in jetski stuff and pretty lacking in terms of bang for buck power from an I/O stand point.

The fueltech has an insanely fast fuel correction closed loop system. Just target an AFR and it'll autocorrect for you in real time as your making a pass lol. Holley and fueltech are the best for that.

Im also subbed to joe simpson he's a great guy and no B.S. Look up "Devin vanderhoof" on youtube he's one of the top Holley ECU wiring gurus in the industry.

I think an aftermarket ECU that is Plug and play with the new 4 stroke stuff would be a big game changer and be a legit work around with the EPA and mercury lawsuit stuff for reflashing ECU's.

Megasquirt software lacking!, can,t argue with you there
    put togehter the mercury 60-6 code in september 2010 and it,s still not part of the stock code
    i can,t seem to get these guys to do something

they even fffup the stock code for the ultimate , you can,t run basic trigger on more than 8 cylinders
    it is no problem for the DIY MS3 but because the AMP-EFI products are a bit different they make a special version of the code for them
    the Ultimate is IP65 so unless your boat is sinking , don,t think that is the major issue
    like i mentioned before a Missing Tooth wheel configuration can be run by anything especially if in fuel only ( hybrid form)
    so FuelTech, Holly , Motec , EFI technologie , etc go ahead
    but lets just stop talking about them and installing them and let everybody know what you like and did not like about them
    i do, unfortunatly i had i dislocated shoulder last monday so it,s gonna be a couple of weeks i hope to get back to the water

9. Likes d00m liked this post
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7