Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why point is that? I never said I wanted snap in carpet. Considering what I do for a living, if I wanted something other than carpet, I would have done it. Snap in carpet to me is just another way to create 20-30 more (access points) holes for water to enter the floor. And.....Eggshell? Really. Now we need to resort to name calling? If you can’t have a civil conversation, then why post on my thread? I don’t recall asking your opinion.

2. Likes rsscoggins liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceF3 View Post
    How did you solve the carpet rot issue with a coat of epoxy? The carpet will still rot if it isn't dried out each and every time it gets soaked.

The floor of every Checkmate is plywood base. If you mean you solved the potential wood rot issue, I don't think so. Coating it with epoxy won't save all the holes and openings and there are many. Not just in the floor.

As far as the carpet rotting, if it gets wet... real wet like you get caught in a heavy rain storm just drain the boat well and put a few high velocity fans in it. The carpet will dry out pretty quick.

rsscoggins- I've seen you comment on more than one CM ad worried about snap out carpet. CM never did this. But YOU can. If you want a Checkmate buy one! They are great boats. You are going to have to work on it. But you'd have to work on ANY boat. Accept that and make the best of what you pick.
    I had a 2003 Checkmate that had snap out carpet. Ordered it from the factory from the dealer in the Dakota’s. It didn’t have a fiberglass floor/liner but more of a rubber mat that was glued down and had snap in carpet on top of it.

I despise carpet in a boat - gets wet, dry rots, stinks and promotes rot. Snap out ain’t much better because the rubber backing comes off. I usually just take it out and leave it at home.

But I will continue to ask and inquire on boats that are listed here - this is a for sale forum and questions are expected before someone drives across the country to look at/buy a boat.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understand completely. I’ve never had carpet in a boat. Had snap in before but alway left it out. I did think about finishing the floor in gelcoat, then doing a seadek style floor. But it was mid season and didn’t really have the time to do it. If the boat doesn’t sell before winterization, then next spring I’ll do the floor like I wanted, add trim tabs and keep it another season. I also learned the wife likes the carpet, so that was good enough for me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boat pending sale. Thanks

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I saw you (or the buyer) rolling down 95S just south of Baltimore early one morning either this week or last...probably about 5am as I was on my way to work! LOL

Looked good on the trailer!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tsu2bouy View Post
    Think I saw you (or the buyer) rolling down 95S just south of Baltimore early one morning either this week or last...probably about 5am as I was on my way to work! LOL

Looked good on the trailer!
    That was me on Wednesday morning. 25hrs later boat is now in the Keys.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got anything left love the style been looking for one for a few years now

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    checkmate still available ?? call john please at 516-902-9090

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please call john if available five one six 902-9090

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 long deck 2400. It has a full cockpit liner and Dean told me that there was no wood any longer in the seat pedestals (mine are the low ones that are only about 3" high) nor any wood (just composite and fiberglass) in the floor liner. I have pictures of it being built but not with the liner turned upside down so they could have lied? Unfortunately, Checkmate puts a non wood access panel in the center of the floor so you have access to the fuel tank. This is screwed down and it is not sealed. So water could run down to the stringers and hull and the build pictures show the stringers are plywood and the hull sides are balsa core. So even with a composite liner, on a 2020, you are still at the mercy of Checkmate construction. So, like the issues that TraceF3 mentioned about the floor on the older models, still applies to how well the balsa cores, stringers and transom were sealed with glass, and how well were all the holes that they drilled into the wood sealed? I have a custom Aqua Traction stick down floor and have been fortunate so far not to get caught in a bad rainstorm. If I did, about 12 inches of the tank is exposed behind the back seat, but it would be difficult to get a fan to even blow under the floor to dry it out. Of course from what I have heard (never saw one) the new Caldwell Checkmates are wood free.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsare2400 View Post
    I have a custom Aqua Traction stick down floor and have been fortunate so far not to get caught in a bad rainstorm. If I did, about 12 inches of the tank is exposed behind the back seat, but it would be difficult to get a fan to even blow under the floor to dry it out. Of course from what I have heard (never saw one) the new Caldwell Checkmates are wood free.
    The problem with mine was there was no hole in the tank box for water to drain out of. I'm assuming this was an oversight. I put a 1.25" hole in the bottom of the tank box when I rebuilt it so any water that gets in flows right in to the bilge. The tank box is above the bilge all the way to the recess that would be a ski locker or in my case a crawl through to the open bow. Any water that gets in there runs right to the back and gets bilged out. As long as your tank box has a drain hole you're golden
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with mine was there was no hole in the tank box for water to drain out of. I'm assuming this was an oversight. I put a 1.25" hole in the bottom of the tank box when I rebuilt it so any water that gets in flows right in to the bilge. The tank box is above the bilge all the way to the recess that would be a ski locker or in my case a crawl through to the open bow. Any water that gets in there runs right to the back and gets bilged out. As long as your tank box has a drain hole you're golden
    Good point you bring up. I think (but must check) that the tank is about 1/2" or so above the floor. However I hope the angled part of the floor and tank do not touch each other but I doubt those tabs on the side of a filled tank would hold it above the floor.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tankfloor.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	494489

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tabs do not hold the tank up. They keep the tank still when the foam is poured. If you had a full tank of fuel and jumped a big wake you could pull the tabs loose. The welds would be stronger than the metal.

Yes you should have an inch or so under the tank. Mine is sitting on rubber blocks that are fastened to the tank with 5200 (waterproof seal) and I was careful when I poured the foam. Water can get in and water can get out now.

Squeeze down in your bilge and feel the bottom of that rear bulkhead. There should be a hole to drain the box. If you reach far enough you will be able to feel the opening where the bilge is below the tank.
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And is that your boat in the picture? Sure isn't wood free......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And is that your boat in the picture? Sure isn't wood free......
    Yes that is my boat, and it is not wood free, it was the 2nd last boat built in Bucyrus. I mentioned that the new Caldwell Checkmates built in NC are supposedly wood free. Mine has no wood on the floor or seat pedestals or the liner, but as you can see the stringers, transom, knees and cross supports as well as the balsa core are wood. I have felt the space under the tank and on the picture you can see a small space under the center of the tank box. If the tank sits on rubber supports on the angled part any water could drain out. If that area is foamed, it could hold water I would think.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast