Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I understand what you're saying. I'm not up to speed on the ownership changes timeline. As for the tank box I read everything I could find about boat fuel tanks. And I talked to 2 tank manufacturers. Finally I have a good friend who retired from Boston Whaler, boats made right here 20 miles from where I live. Only job he ever had. I considered a fully foamed tank box, no foam, and finally settled on partial foam.

My tank sits as I said on rubber pads. I used 1" closed cell backer rod to create "dams" where I wanted foam. The goals were to secure the tank from any kind of movement and to be certain water could get out. My tank looks just like yours before I foamed it.

The first tank was obviously installed shoddily. And the boat was used in salt water a lot. Even so the tank lasted 14 years. I'm sure this one will last longer than that.
    \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\/// \\\///

Checkmate Pulsare 2100 with a 2017 Merc 250 Pro XS

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceF3 View Post
    OK I understand what you're saying. I'm not up to speed on the ownership changes timeline. As for the tank box I read everything I could find about boat fuel tanks. And I talked to 2 tank manufacturers. Finally I have a good friend who retired from Boston Whaler, boats made right here 20 miles from where I live. Only job he ever had. I considered a fully foamed tank box, no foam, and finally settled on partial foam.

My tank sits as I said on rubber pads. I used 1" closed cell backer rod to create "dams" where I wanted foam. The goals were to secure the tank from any kind of movement and to be certain water could get out. My tank looks just like yours before I foamed it.

When I tore apart my 1994 Pulsare 2100, Checkmate built a false floor under the tank for water to drain to the bilge. This floor was mush when I pulled it up. When I rebuilt the boat, I used Coosa board for the stingers, bulkheads and stringer supports. I used PVC pipe cut in half, etched the surface for glass adhesion and glassed the PVC pipe under the fuel tank to the hull in order to drain water from the locker forward of the tank to the bilge. The tank rested above the PVC and was bolted to the Coosa board stringers with the aluminum tabs welded to the tank. The tank was them foamed in place. The Coosa board bulkheads fore and aft of the tank were glassed so no water could run anywhere except through the PVC pipe under the tank to the bilge. The floor was then built out of marine ply with aluminum backing plates for the pedestal seats to attach to. These backing plates were drilled and tapped for the pedestal bolts. There are pictures of this build on the checkmate-boats.com page under threads by Jupiter Pulsare...

The first tank was obviously installed shoddily. And the boat was used in salt water a lot. Even so the tank lasted 14 years. I'm sure this one will last longer than that.
    When I tore apart my 1994 Pulsare 2100, Checkmate built a false floor under the tank for water to drain to the bilge. This floor was mush when I pulled it up. When I rebuilt the boat, I used Coosa board for the stingers, bulkheads and stringer supports. I used PVC pipe cut in half, etched the surface for glass adhesion and glassed the PVC pipe under the fuel tank to the hull in order to drain water from the locker forward of the tank to the bilge. The tank rested above the PVC and was bolted to the Coosa board stringers with the aluminum tabs welded to the tank. The tank was them foamed in place. The Coosa board bulkheads fore and aft of the tank were glassed so no water could run anywhere except through the PVC pipe under the tank to the bilge. The floor was then built out of marine ply with aluminum backing plates for the pedestal seats to attach to. These backing plates were drilled and tapped for the pedestal bolts. There are pictures of this build on the checkmate-boats.com page under threads by Jupiter Pulsare...
    J-Town Hot Boat Team
    Barracuda 188CCR/Suzuki 140

Past Boats:
    Checkmate 2800SX/Twin Merc 250’s
    Checkmate Pulsare 2400/Verado 300
    Checkmate Starflite/Merc Pro XB250
    Canadian Edition Hydrostream AE-21/Merc 2.5
    Checkmate Pulsare 2100/Merc 225Xri
    Hydrostream Valero YT Bowrider/Merc 175
    Talon T-21/Mercury Racing 2.5 Carb
    Sleekcraft ModVP Bowrider/Evinrude 225 Vindicator
    Velocity 230/Mercury 454 Magnum
    Scout 172 Sportfish/Yamaha 130
    SeaRay F16 Jet boat/Mercury SportJet
    SeaRay 17' Seville/Merc I/O

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in this boat. Can you please send a picture of the finished cuddy ? Thanks,

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in your boat. Can you give me your contact info so I can ask you a few questions?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Digits II View Post
    I'm interested in your boat. Can you give me your contact info so I can ask you a few questions?
    Last Activity 10-11-2020 10:57
    Checkmate 2002 Convincor 270 496 MAG-HO

2003 Cougar 22MTR w/300xs SOLD
    90 21Skater w/300xs - sold
    98 STV Euroski w/280 - sold

2006 Trailblazer SS 6.0l 395hp

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Digits II View Post
    i am the current owner and the boat is not for sale, but for the right offer I could change my mind.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3