User Tag List

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    You ain't buying one anyway so shush.
    I would need two ... so that's a double shush ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A boat dealer shows the new stuff up front…..Walk in the back and see the Truth..... If he hasn't scrapped it yet.....V8 dohc 4 valves...….Going to be $$$ after the warrantee ……...JMO

Dave, Pay no attention to what happens behind the "service dept" curtains ...

​--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made an edit to my comment for you and the California shaft killer-

Joe

Two things come to mind .

#1 ) You typed 5000 words of fluff to avoid answering my many questions in this thread. So honestly, I have no idea where to look for your edit.

#2 ) Everyone knows that there have been no propshafts hurt or expensive props lost due to shaft failure , here or on the other coast .. just didn't happen ..
    Chaz = waiting , for mercury to send me a check from the propaganda ministry ..

OK , maybe a few more ...

#3 ) Did you notice I do my best to cover all points brought up ... directly and to the point .. ?

#4 Joe PEROG .. 5 letters. BIDEN .. 5 letters .. same non-response tactics . Are you guys related in any way ... <---( coffee )

#5 ) Ever since I was a kid . I have seen chains in the vertical position last a very long time. The Verdogo's have been out a few years now , have you seen what the horizontal cam and oil pump chain's look like after 500 hrs .. you know, with your own eyes ??
    Chaz= thinkin, tick-tok on the three chains runnin the cams in the porkchop ..

2. Likes powerabout, JR IN JAX, keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The curtain…...I never go to boat shows...…..all ways looking in the back of shop for fixer uppers…...I have seen many dealers claim their motor the best...… then switch brand. IT IS all JUNK...…..put it in H2O and watch it sizzle...….Pop Pop fizz fizz...…...Merc ? plastic oil gear.....plastic oil gear drive on newer 4 strokes...….I have been a fan of merc from 1967 when I got my first one...… KG7...… then had Mk 58s.......saw the inside of a Merc 1350.....Wow splined crank and the {new] high top pistons..... looked good.... burnt up even better.... Every motor has a weak point...…...Whats in YOURS?...…….

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Everything is post#115 about our prop shaft discussion. If I was related to Biden I would be running 1750s not 300 horse outboards. He takes care of his family with nice board member jobs apparently.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't bring Toto into this...

Driver error of course, you must accelerate slow, gently raise your RPMs no broken shafts, simple,

They will now include driving instructions with every motor.

j
    Last edited by CUDA; 09-22-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    We have invented the world; WE see

6. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is hilarious...one guy blames mercury for selling the motor to an idiot and the other blames mercury for designing a motor that won’t withstand idiots. They may be diametrically opposed views yet both still seem to figure out a way to agree it’s definitely Mercury’s fault. You guys crack me up!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sand box

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    This is hilarious...one guy blames mercury for selling the motor to an idiot and the other blames mercury for designing a motor that won’t withstand idiots. They may be diametrically opposed views yet both still seem to figure out a way to agree it’s definitely Mercury’s fault. You guys crack me up!
    I'm confused, I thought it was the idiot's fault. He did after all buy the absolute undeniable perfection that is mercury's vertical car motor. He must surely be the problem here able to break the unbreakable.

10. Likes powerabout, CI STV liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what they say about trying to build something that’s idiot-proof...

12. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    You know what they say about trying to build something that’s idiot-proof...
    put the engine inside the boat then you can use a bravo lower...lol

14. Likes CI STV liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    Don't bring Toto into this...

Driver error of course, you must accelerate slow, gently raise your RPMs no broken shafts, simple,
    j
    Cuder , you relize that it was Toto who pulled the curtain with the information provided in post #113 .. that forced the confession in post #115 ..

I thought you was a drag racer .. accelerate slow gently raise RPM

No wunder they don't wanna go from a dead stop , and run to the sandbar a half a mile away ... Watchin LOTO it seems they don't like 3/4 mile either ..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

engineermike

Mr. Pocket Protector ,
    That was actually a very good analogy of said conversation ..

Diametrically opposed ... yes , and each walk away with a little clearer understanding from which the other is coming from . A debate like a chess game , with some boat **** thrown in every here and there ..

( I hope this doesn't kill the thread ) In all sincerity the only thing I ever argued with Joe about in real life .. was not letting the other side of the table pick up the tab for lunch ... <-----( root beer float )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JPEROG
    If I was related to Biden I would be running 1750s not 300 horse outboards. He takes care of his family with nice board member jobs apparently.

Ya know if they're hirin .. ???

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The beauty of efi, they can load the 'dont break the gearbox' map

17. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMAO, this is one of the funniest threads I have seen in a long time.

1. Pricing, mercury does not publish pricing. Those that actually sell Mercury motors that post pricing online, have been threatened legally by Mercury. Stopping any published actual/true pricing.

a. Numerous publications have listed pricing in the articles they are paid to publish (paid by Mercury). The most common pricing range is $54,000-$64,000. Verifiable via search (any search engine) for “mercury 450r cost”.

b. Chevrolet, publishes on their own website pricing for their new Corvette. Starts at, $58,900. Middle of the road price compared to Mercury 450r.

2. Chevrolet & Mecury have spent millions to develop both products. Each product has so many parts, takes so many tests, needs x amount of qualified personal to develop & build.

3. Average Corvette owner purchases 1 Corvette.

4. Average Mercury 450r owner purchases 2-12 motors. Average high end boat owner owns multiple boats in multiple locations.

5. Multiple threads on multiple online forums, about people not being able to get simple replacement parts to keep one of or a number of their 60K warrantied motor running.

a. In every case in every thread, someone waltzes in and does everything they can to convince everyone that it is not a Mercury problem, it is an owner problem. Microsoft used that tactic very heavily in the early 2000’s in every forum to thwart people from switching to Linux. They paid a lot hiring people to write things up, then hired others to post.

b. Microsoft got busted paying other companies to pursue litigation against Linux & write negative articles and cleanse forums. One example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCO_Group Read up on Ballmer who famously admited to intentionally attacking and using numerous tactics against Linux. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ballmer

c. Such methods & tactics are nothing new. With all of Mercury's secrecy, known threats of litigation, missing forum threads. If it smells like ****, looks like ****, feels like ****, it is probably ****.

d. All forums are surviving off of a combination of add selling and outright selling or preferential treatment by selling extra special packages to manufactures. I have seen threads that are negative to big add purchasers, disappear. Common occurrence in all forums no matter what industry and or subject. Look at what is happening with facebook, twitter, etc.

b. Certainly cannot trust anyone that is in the business of selling Mercury products. They have signed non-disclosure agreements, not to mention that Mercury has bigger pockets and can afford a long drawn out civil litigation case. Does not matter if Mercury is in the wrong, they will win. Plus why would anyone in the business selling Mercury motors shoot themselves.

6. Numerous people, boat manufactures, Mercury motor sellers. Claim to know how to improve performance, and improve reliability of the stock motors.

a. None of the supposed know it all’s. Are actually providing details, but some details can be found, if you search long enough and hard enough. Fact is, there would be no need, if there was not a problem in the first place.

6. If you want to modify your new or older Corvette for more than stock power levels, there are plenty of resources available, that have no problem providing details & pricing.

In summation:

Only an idiot or someone with something to be gained, who is in collusion (paid) to be part of the problem. Would defend such non-sense.

Really, one motor, for the price of one NEW Chevrolet Corvette. Very few Corvettes out on the road in comparison to every other vehicle, a small percentage of the overall car sales. Most boat owners purchase multiple boat motors. Without doing any actual math, the sales numbers cannot be that far off. While the NEW Corvette has to cost much more to produce, if for no other reason than shear number of parts.

Chevrolet actually publishes how many they manufacture. Does Mercury publish their manufacturing numbers. They will not even publish the selling price, and threaten litigation if anyone selling their motors does!

Why don’t you know it all screw jobs that support such nonsensical pricing and bs about it’s all the owners fault. Provide some actual verifiable numbers.

1. How many 450r’s have actually been manufactured & sold?
    2. How many warranty claims?
    3. What is the average warranty cost?
    4. What is the average selling price new?
    5. How much is Mercury spending on advertising?
    6. How much does screamandfly.com, offshoreonly.com and all the other hundreds of forums get paid directly from Mercury?

One thing is clear though. Mercury is NOT interested in providing NEW products that the average American can afford. Yet they take advantage of all the benefits the US offers, which have been dearly paid for by Veterans live & dead.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we need a crowd funded campaign to bring OMC back to America.

Re products to a few...
    GM heading down the road of selling Corvettes and pickups and leave cars to imports.
    Yam v Merc
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-23-2020 at 05:44 AM.

20. Likes CUDA, keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe the sales staff needs to spend a little more time with the buyer .. Just a thought.

That last statement of yours that i quoted was basically the driving force that the lawyers used to win and subsequently put Rapid Craft Boats out of business. They would rig their boats at the factory with 260`s and sell them to unqualified drivers until somebody got killed and it all ended.

So I agree with you on this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could buy a nice Honda Civic for less than the cost of a Yamaha V6.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast