User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    That engine is incredible! I can't wait to see one in action.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mercury-racing-apx.png 
Views:	460 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	473469

Facebook | YouTube | Vintage Outboard Catalogs
    Photo prints available of your boat - click here

2. Likes InjectorService, Tcatrett liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    They want them "asleep". The current F1 motors are getting pistons, rods, and a crank every 4 hours with the top team. The four stroke motor is running faster lap times and is anticipated to run for two full seasons. If this plays out, it will be a financial step forward and a way less labor intensive program for the teams that they are intended for. This is the new world of simple performance boating bleeding over into racing.

Even as "porkchops", the fourstrokes, are pushing 36 to 40 foot boats at speeds that are a dream for any twin two stroke of the same length out there and doing it on swamp fuel available at any marina. Watch from the 11:50 thru the 12:30 mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwS2ibTpz4

When you get inside a set of these things and "wake them up" it will get really exciting.

Joe

Are you saying my supply of barely used parts is going to dry up? DAMN! lol!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lame!

Quote Originally Posted by noli View Post

The video said that mercracing will seal the xcat and class-1 motors to "level the playing field"

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are way out of the loop...

Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    I agree! There hasn't been a USA built F1 tunnel built in several years. Only person I know who still has molds of any sort is Hoffman. LeeCraft? Gone Seebold? Gone GrandPrix? Gone Only outfits that can afford a $62K pricetag are the UIM folks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Uh oh..Joe has his fourstroke dick out again.. when people "get inside these things" they are going to be four hour motors again. I wonder why the rev limiter is 7000 and not 9600? Hmmmm.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    work smarter, not harder... why turn 9600 when you don’t need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    Uh oh..Joe has his fourstroke dick out again.. when people "get inside these things" they are going to be four hour motors again. I wonder why the rev limiter is 7000 and not 9600? Hmmmm.....

8. Likes Rigaud liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Exactly. Can't wait until someone stand alone ecus one and tries though 👍😃

10. Likes Noah Burns liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of you guys got your asses chapped. We should seriously be rejoicing that Mercury is supporting and innovating for the race word. Will that world change forever? Yes. Will 2-strokes be phased out throughout racing? Most likely, but it will take a long time, and maybe there will still be some 2-stroke classes left at the end of the day. Will someone come to your house and confiscate your 2-stroke? No.

At the end of the day this can only be good for the sport as a whole. Look at all the publicity this is getting. You can't even look at your phone without this motor popping up somewhere. It breathes new life into the sport, it gets pople looking and interested, maybe some of those people are sponsors too?

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

12. Thanks engineermike, JPEROG thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...in my youth as a young gearhead, i realized & learned that a diesel engines durability, which turns the lowest rpm's, lasted the longest. a four-strokes durability, turning more rpm's than a diesel, lasted fewer hours than a diesel. and a two-stroke's durability, which turned the highest rpm's, lasted even fewer hours... (in the 60's/70's, this was all i knew. horsepower & torque numbers aside & with not much knowledge of other types of engines)

14. Likes Beak Boater, JPEROG, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post
    Really telling and heartbreaking to read an article about a "racing" engine when emissions is mentioned in the article more than any other aspect of the engine.
    Racing and the tech and innovation that came with it used to be the driver behind consumer engine tech. Now every aspect of motorsports is playing second fiddle to what comes out the fartcan. There's segments of fossil burning world that simply shouldn't need to operate with that albatross around there neck.
    there is good and bad that comes with it, cost and complexity go up, and god knows new outboards are expensive enough without pushing costs up due to meeting emissions. Buuuuut..... there is technology in the new outboards that benefits the consumer that simply would not be there without emissions standards.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We just like antagonizing Joe.. because the demographic on this site is going to drop 500k everytime Merc comes out with something shiney

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John800 View Post
    there is good and bad that comes with it, cost and complexity go up, and god knows new outboards are expensive enough without pushing costs up due to meeting emissions. Buuuuut..... there is technology in the new outboards that benefits the consumer that simply would not be there without emissions standards.
    Like?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    We just like antagonizing Joe.. because the demographic on this site is going to drop 500k everytime Merc comes out with something shiney
    Doesn't effect me. I am just happy that we have new stuff available. 2006 and the next 11 years offered us what for performance outboards?? (Nothing new) and I was running old 300X and 280 stuff. Now seeing what we have and what is continuing to come down the pipe gives me a reason to be excited "not to bash the new product that most haven't even experienced". The new stuff is more then shiny, it is revolutionizing performance boating as guys are either replacing there inboard offshore boats and or adding outboard power to their fleet. Its nothing to do with money "anyone that could afford a new 300XS 3 years ago can most likely afford a 300R today and the sales numbers prove that.

Go on the jasper river run and see how many of the new motors are there. Ask the owners what they think,-let me know how many guys with them are worried about fuel capacity like we were in the past--These new motors simply make everything more user friendly for the majority and perform better for the majority--hats off to Mercury.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was told $84K which is right?

"Confidence" is that wonderful feeling you had right before you fully understood your true situation.- Unknown
    I don’t know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they terrify me.- Duke of Wellington
    “I am not afraid of an Army of lions lead by a sheep; I am afraid of sheep lead by a lion.” – Alexander the Great
    Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons.-Douglas MacArthur

Allison GSE 300XS

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast