User Tag List

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CUDA View Post
    For $17,000 you can do 240 MPH, fits in any garage. Supercharged

https://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles...-ar186863.html
    Who cares?

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

2. Likes Li'l Toy liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InjectorService View Post
    Honestly this place makes me scratch my head sometimes. Wheres Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda with the F1 motors? They don't even make motors to compete with the 300R and 450R. Why doesn't OMC get back in the F1 scene....I mean BRP.....I mean.....oh wait......

Merc couldn't come out with a new 2-stroke race motor even if they wanted to, our lovely governments have made sure of that. Why don't we take the gift they have just given the racing world and run with it? Are we all really that stubborn?
    I’m am with you there is one outboard manufacturer that actually builds something pretty awesome for go fast guys and ever time there a new thread about the 2 stroke guys come out of the woodwork.

For the 2 stroke guys everytime you feel the need to comment on a 4 stroke thread why don’t you sit back for a second and remember that your comments don’t further any conversation they just start bickering. Mercury has decided these are the engines we have to work with take it or leave and I’m more than happy to be stuck with these over any other brand.

now for the new engine is cool for one reason the research that goes it this will trickle down in to the regular motors.
    #skaternation
    21 rally sport (sold)
    21 Cougar (sold)
    21 Skater (sold)
    24 skater (sold)
    21 Armstrong (fishing deck) 250 etec
    24 SEB (soon to be laid up)

4. Thanks JPEROG, engineermike thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Risco View Post
    I’m am with you there is one outboard manufacturer that actually builds something pretty awesome for go fast guys and ever time there a new thread about the 2 stroke guys come out of the woodwork.

For the 2 stroke guys everytime you feel the need to comment on a 4 stroke thread why don’t you sit back for a second and remember that your comments don’t further any conversation they just start bickering. Mercury has decided these are the engines we have to work with take it or leave and I’m more than happy to be stuck with these over any other brand.

now for the new engine is cool for one reason the research that goes it this will trickle down in to the regular motors.
    Wow, just wow! With thinking like that we will be back to rowing and rags in no time, with a nice forced smile on our faces.

Now shut up and enjoy what we give you, mother merc said so!

Trickle down tech from an engine that probably will never see an American shop or dyno? Same overweight anemic car motor on a shorter mid. Mercury racing is dead. It's been taken over by the green engine propaganda department. I've said it for years, stick a v8 sticker on anything and the average American will buy it. Merc just proved it again, with a little upcharge for the "racing" decals
    Last edited by Whaaaaat; 09-18-2020 at 07:24 PM.

6. Thanks DOUBLE J thanked for this post
    Likes FMP, keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InjectorService View Post
    Honestly this place makes me scratch my head sometimes. Wheres Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda with the F1 motors? They don't even make motors to compete with the 300R and 450R. Why doesn't OMC get back in the F1 scene....I mean BRP.....I mean.....oh wait......

Merc couldn't come out with a new 2-stroke race motor even if they wanted to, our lovely governments have made sure of that. Why don't we take the gift they have just given the racing world and run with it? Are we all really that stubborn?
    what part of the EU-EPA compliant e-tec has been banned by any government?
    If the rules get tougher 4 strokes will need cat cons to deal with their CO emissions and the e-tecs will not as they are way cleaner in that department.
    I guess we will have to wait to see what BRP comes out with and if the epa rules get tougher?

8. Thanks FMP, keefallan thanked for this post
    Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A 62k V8 that 15 teams are ALLOWED to use.

10. Likes Greg G liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WaterZebra View Post
    That's not going to happen. Take a look at the mid section cutaway graphic. See what the overdrive did to the location of the water pump and and the vertical shaft length? Couldn't tell from the graphics if the IV was studs "down" or "up". I'm betting on "down".
    Things can be made.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    They actually attach the racing decals to the cowlings as well, and then sell the engine with decals as a package. And they do some minimal other changes to the engine designs as well, like porting and compression and intakes and stuff.

That's been the way they have doing it for as long as I can remember. If you have ever seen a 2.0 or 2.4 or 2.5 liter race engine up close, you have probably noticed that it has striking similarities to the fishing engine of the same displacement. Like bore and stroke and geometry and stuff.
    I was the decal installer for a great many decades. Then the paper pushin poindexters that have never installed a decal in their life wrote a report on me :
    We find that while Mr. Chazoom has been a loyal employee even before I got this job of pushin papers to the other poindexters in the office . We cant ignore the fact of his loss of cognitive awareness and motor skills , therefore we feel that he would be better served working in the janitorial department ..

I still needed a job, what was I to do .. As always, I took the more "sensible" approach and moved everything I acquired in the decades of decal installer to the "floor department" of "custodial services" . Now I just looked down at the floor and do my job ...

Naturally , as "decal installer" and "floor service technician" I am not privy to porting specs, Cylinder heads, intakes and such ... Let alone ever get to see a 2.5 , 2.0 , or even this 2.4 you speak of. My memory is not what it was, but I seem to recall building a set of bottom pressure, diamond, honing stones + wipers to catch that little band at the bottom of the transfer mouth ... \or maybe it was just me day dreaming about race motors while I do the floors ...

The 3 liter V6 platform (which was a cost-reduced, larger displacement platform) and the Verado platform (which was a first effort at a 200+ hp 4-stroke platform, targeting offshore fishing boats) did not lend themselves to building race engines with the decals-based approach you have correctly identified.

The 4.6 liter V8 platform, on the other hand, is up to the job. With more important derivatives of the 4.6 liter V8 successfully launched, there was engineering capacity available to design a F1 version.<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="1.0.1" style="display: none;"></object>__PRESENT
    Markie , That is really quite insightful of you .... One of the most accurate Tuesday mornin quarterback analogies I have heard in a while !

While cheap to produce and machined by my past fellow sanitation engineers.
    I assure you the decal laden late Model T 3.2 Opti-pops were anything but inexpensive to buy new ..

The V-rods "not lending themselves to racing" is ... because there in no class for them to compete in.
    The clamp plate / tilt /swivel / pan / motor mount / arangment / Along with it's obese outside and pee-wee Herman internals do lend itself to being a POS , it doesn't mean it cant be put on full send ...

I'm simply over impressed ..

Mercury releases a fARt from it's propaganda ministry .. and you deem it "up to the job" to race in F-1
    How has it done against the current F-1 package. (please post link to race results)

Please brudda, next time your _PRESENT , bring you mind to the party ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone show me where I said : I "hate" the new porkchops .... waiting

However , go back to the post that has a green boarder around it . I asked some very direct questions .. Crickets for a day .. then some finger pointin .. you hate , your ungrateful , your derogatory , your cynical .. dont look now , but putting up a barrage of false claims instead of answering the questions ... sounds a lot like CNN , just sayin

Who cares about $17,000.00 bikes that will go 240 mph .. ???

Probably a lot of people , but its use here was used as a tool of relevance.

240 for 17K vs 122 for a half a million dollars ... ( please see question pertaining to forming two lines)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes , I'm going to need to get some 1950's wardrobe , practice using the hand crank starter .. and spending my time with other broke **** Model T owners as we try to think all the way back to ""2019"" when the two stroke outboard motor , as we remember ceased to be produced .. such a long time ago ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where is the competition to Mercury ... ???

Good question , cuz lord knows they need it !

So I put some new old stock and some used parts up for sale. Not knowing the value of some of them .. and rather than bother a couple of my friends .. yet again, I just thought I'd check and see what The mother ship might get for them .

Simple little casting . long slot , most of it was cast that way . Few little machined places , nothing fancy. Now imagine the genius / embarrassment when you draw the part up to where you have a couple holes countersunk to locate the part, All three of them wallered / drilled out so big that the next size bolt almost fit thru the hole . Cuz you know they couldn't drill the holes to size. The part would never fit ..

Now imagine your the parts guy who needs the job pretty bad ...

Yes sir , I can order that cable anchor bracket .. but I will need for you to pay at least 50% up front ... How much could it possibly be ?? I'll just pay for the whole thing up front ... Yes sir , let me total that up for you . Btw , I'm not charging you shipping or handling, but I will have to charge you tax .. thats fine .. !

Lets see now .. number #31 , your in luck it's still an active number ..
    OK ... it lists for $526.82 and I can let this bad boy go for $482.80 plus .. err .. sir - sir , excuse me .. where you going ..

I sold 1 of em .. for exactly what I though was a good price in the real world , if I needed one ..

Fer my fake news brothers, cuz I love yaz .. cuz U love Merkery ..

I'll let the other one go for $399.99 tax, tag, title, dealer destination, shipping and handling , included ..

$526.82 .. Ohhhh me ribs hurt ....

https://www.mercruiserparts.com/bam/...y/30687/2708/5

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroSkreamin View Post

Chris Fairchild, for those not in the know, is current APBA President, and does a lot to promote Champ Racing in the States (Difficult task...)

https://www.apba.org/news-chris-fair...BA%20President

There's no one on the planet with more laps than him in this product, and he has some good things to say about it. I'm doubtful he'd go on camera if he didn't believe in it.

I enjoy the smell and sounds of 2-strokes on drag boats and tunnel boats, but didn't you scratch your head (if you watched the video) when you saw the tunnel boat and heard a V-8? I'll never be able to afford one, but I'm certainly intrigued.

There's a lot of people that think they can do better than Mercury Racing (all ya gotta do is...), but I've seen none of them step up.

I'll just sit back and watch...carry on!
    everyone is talking chit about needing new boats chris said himself they used a more modern design when they raced his boat with the v8. These teams go through boats like gasoline why is everyone crying about “needing” new boats blaming the v8. They redesign the boats all the time and always had the same motor.
    Quartershot T-3R 15" 3.5L E-Tec 1.62 Sportmaster

14. Likes HydroSkreamin, InjectorService liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Kevin its because certain people don't like change. Some things never change, and they don't want them to have change boats with the updated change of power. They will never change-- maybe a day at the lake with us would offer them a change of heart lol... If we invited them, we would have to change props-for get it--no changes allowed.

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I say this more and more these days. IF YOU HAVE TO ASK HOW MUCH, YOU CAN"T AFFORD IT. I'm alright with that fact since I found out long ago that WANTING sometimes is much better than HAVING in a lot of cases.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still crickets ... no change there ...

Joe , I know how much you like to rub elbows with the "names" .. Next time you see your boy Chris Fairchild .. Tell him within the first minute , he stepped on his ****
    Two stroke's are lite and make a lot of horsepower , but they don't make any torque.

The bad news is .. horsepower is a product of torque .. let that sink in

T x RPM / 5252 = HP

Very simple formula .. that just so many don't get ..

The first engine I owned was a two stroke .... in 1965

In 1966 .. I owned my first four stroke.

Thinking back .. I've owned a bunch of each .. with no prejudice towards either .

And obvious to many , enough time to understand the characteristics of each .

My issue is with Mercury .. I've asked a few upper level paper pushers , how can you ****nuts dare to ask the prices you do. From a washer that's $8.00 ea. to a simple bracket that's $526.82 .. All of them, with arrogance have said .. Because we can ! If that's the kind of people you want to put on a pedestal , it's your choice.
    To me , they are worthless dead weight , just like those people "the duce" had around him pushing the red folder around in Ford vs. Ferrari . Not one of them did anything positive in building or campaigning the GT-40 . With the exception of Iacocca, all they did was get in the way ... let that soak in as well

If they wanted $95,000.00 or $195,000.00 each for a 450r , would you still rationalize .. never mind , I already know ...

Acceptance to change .. yea , tough one for me . I like to wear a pair of under ware for three days on one side , then three days on the other ... cuz I just can't bring myself to change em
    I'll send ya a pair .. but you'll have to wait .. gotz two more days to go ..

18. Likes keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Kevin its because certain people don't like change. Some things never change, and they don't want them to have change boats with the updated change of power. They will never change-- maybe a day at the lake with us would offer them a change of heart lol... If we invited them, we would have to change props-for get it--no changes allowed.

Joe
    Most racing classes survive by not letting any changes ( less replacement parts is they are only 3rd party etc)
    Seems to be the recipe for a long life and certainly cheaper racing and more competitors.

F1 was a success with the old 2.0 V6 Merc, yet the class was forced to keep changing the powerhead and that was to whose benefit?
    Last edited by powerabout; 09-19-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Still crickets ... no change there ...

Joe , I know how much you like to rub elbows with the "names" .. Next time you see your boy Chris Fairchild .. Tell him within the first minute , he stepped on his ****
    Two stroke's are lite and make a lot of horsepower , but they don't make any torque.

The bad news is .. horsepower is a product of torque .. let that sink in

T x RPM / 5252 = HP

Very simple formula .. that just so many don't get ..

The first engine I owned was a two stroke .... in 1965

In 1966 .. I owned my first four stroke.

Thinking back .. I've owned a bunch of each .. with no prejudice towards either .

And obvious to many , enough time to understand the characteristics of each .

My issue is with Mercury .. I've asked a few upper level paper pushers , how can you ****nuts dare to ask the prices you do. From a washer that's $8.00 ea. to a simple bracket that's $526.82 .. All of them, with arrogance have said .. Because we can ! If that's the kind of people you want to put on a pedestal , it's your choice.
    To me , they are worthless dead weight , just like those people "the duce" had around him pushing the red folder around in Ford vs. Ferrari . Not one of them did anything positive in building or campaigning the GT-40 . With the exception of Iacocca, all they did was get in the way ... let that soak in as well

If they wanted $95,000.00 or $195,000.00 each for a 450r , would you still rationalize .. never mind , I already know ...

Acceptance to change .. yea , tough one for me . I like to wear a pair of under ware for three days on one side , then three days on the other ... cuz I just can't bring myself to change em
    I'll send ya a pair .. but you'll have to wait .. gotz two more days to go ..

I don't care about any of it. The bottom line is that the new motors are miles ahead of anything that I have been exposed to. They are more user friendly in every way. They are faster then anything else ever offered to the general pleasure boat market. They continue to be improved upon and no other manufacture is competing with them so, they (Mercury Racing), fill my desire to go out and have a dependable performance boating experience. Why would I ever want to bad mouth them?--If they are so bad, get rid of everything that says Mercury on it and see what you end up with whether it is new or old.

As for the parts pricing, they are not a non-profit organization and you don't need to buy from them. I guess I haven't been exposed to any "upper level paper pushers" that have had the attitude mentioned but I do understand that every part of everything they do is assigned a #, many of them are outsourced for production, and every person that works on, manufactures, or handles the part needs to get paid and it all adds up before we get the chance to receive it. (Many of the sensors are automotive related-so you can cross reference them if you choose). -You of anyone has the ability and equipment to make or duplicate a part if its worth your time in savings and we can all buy washers and hardware from other sources. If they wanted 95,000 for a 450R, you would see others in the market against them "a fair price is ONLY determined by the open market for ANY product or service". -They are obviously considered fair or we wouldn't see them everywhere at all of the major boating events across the country and being consistently ordered by small boat riggers like Randy. I am not in the position to have them on everything but many people are. I don't have a super car, nor would question Porsche or Ferrari what they charge for parts-the market determines if they are too much or not. If they are too much, they will never sell another and people will go a different direction to get their hands on whats needed. Having profitability in manufacturing a product is what creates the aftermarket world.

You have the knowledge and ability to make one of these big displacement motors King Kong and its probably the best money making opportunity project you have available (that you would truly enjoy and completely understand). I can tell you that people would line up for an assembled, pump gas, dependable, user friendly calibrated 4.6L power head (pistons, cams, more efficient head flow, and turn key (user friendly) calibration) if the price was right. You have the opportunity to be what Ron Muzzy is to Kawasaki owners for performance outboard enthusiast.

I still say be happy we have this technology being created and offered. If the old technology was so desirable and new was so bad we would see Caldwell motors everywhere and guys ringing your phone off the hook looking for 300X parts instead of ringing Mercurys off the hook ordering the new stuff.

I will send you a box of new box of under ware "three days is gross lol..."

Joe

21. Likes InjectorService liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New engines are always better, and user friendly improvements have been ongoing in outboards for 100 years.
    A twin cam 4 stroke v8 is not revolutionary its just evolutionary with modern packaging and thin castings to keep the weight down.
    Fuel economy has always been getting better and for 20 years they have been getting better environmentally.
    Has the warranty been getting better as they are confident with their technology?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Markie , That is really quite insightful of you .... One of the most accurate Tuesday mornin quarterback analogies I have heard in a while !

While cheap to produce and machined by my past fellow sanitation engineers.
    I assure you the decal laden late Model T 3.2 Opti-pops were anything but inexpensive to buy new ..

The V-rods "not lending themselves to racing" is ... because there in no class for them to compete in.
    The clamp plate / tilt /swivel / pan / motor mount / arangment / Along with it's obese outside and pee-wee Herman internals do lend itself to being a POS , it doesn't mean it cant be put on full send ...

I'm simply over impressed ..
    Chaz, there is more to making engines than welding and honing. Even if you haven't seen it, you have to believe it.

Maybe our perspectives differ because I come from a place where we design and make engines, and you come from a place where people make their living from retirement communities, fishing tours, estate agencies and gay bars. I suppose you are never exposed to the people who have to deal with the real issues of making engines.

If I drive 35 minutes north and then west from my house, I end up in a place where they designed one of the best 2 liter 4-cyl gasoline car engines currently in the market. You may have heard about Volvo Cars.

If I instead drive about as far, north and then east, I end up in a place which is world leading in truck Diesel engines. You may have heard about Volvo Group.

If I choose to go south along the coast, it takes me a little less that two ours to arrive at a place where they get 600hp out of a 2 liter 3 cylinder. The place is called Königsegg.

Finally, if drive inland for about the same time, I'll end up with the folks who build some of the finest small engines on the planet. You may have heard of Husqvarna.

Like Mercury, all these folks need to deal with the practical matters of serially producing consistent, reliable products, and making money while doing it.

It is very different from being an estate agent.<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="1.0.1" style="display: none;"></object>__PRESENT<object id="__symantecPKIClientMessenger" data-supports-flavor-configuration="true" data-extension-version="1.0.1" style="display: none;"></object>__PRESENT
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast