Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

250 downdraft motor with 300x intake and electronics

is it possible? i have a 2002 down draft 250 efi motor, which is similar to a 300x intake setup, can i take the intake setup on the 300x and the ecu and heads and run it on my 250?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pmed

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Yep ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes , if you found a basket case 300x all the parts will move right over.
    They used a half a dozen different sleeves in the 225 / 250 blocks. If you have one with the port lower than 1.750 then the 61cc heads might be a little tight for normal use. 145 psi cranking compression is about the end of the world for pump gas, and even then I think I would give it a splash of octane booster , just to play it safe.
    With the mild porting and constipated exhaust log , it will pick up a bunch of mid range torque . A fresh 300x motor is strong to 6100-6200 , then falls off pretty quick. Yours will peak a little lower . But compared to a stock 250, you will see a pretty good bump in power ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but the ecu will be a direct plug and play?

i sent you a pm

Yes , if you found a basket case 300x all the parts will move right over.
    They used a half a dozen different sleeves in the 225 / 250 blocks. If you have one with the port lower than 1.750 then the 61cc heads might be a little tight for normal use. 145 psi cranking compression is about the end of the world for pump gas, and even then I think I would give it a splash of octane booster , just to play it safe.
    With the mild porting and constipated exhaust log , it will pick up a bunch of mid range torque . A fresh 300x motor is strong to 6100-6200 , then falls off pretty quick. Yours will peak a little lower . But compared to a stock 250, you will see a pretty good bump in power ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes , everything is the same .. Only difference being the 300x PCM will only run the peak and hold (low impedance) injectors.

I read you PM , but I put it hear because I know that I have posted this same info on a bunch of different threads. And when it's asked again next month I can say .. use the search feature .. LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what injectors would i have to run with this setup? ive read it was pink tip type?

Yes , everything is the same .. Only difference being the 300x PCM will only run the peak and hold (low impedance) injectors.

I read you PM , but I put it hear because I know that I have posted this same info on a bunch of different threads. And when it's asked again next month I can say .. use the search feature .. LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a difference in Injector lbs/hr of the 250efi and 300x and what are they?
    XR2001 & XB2002

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Both the early (white) and the 300x (pink tips) flow between 490 and 500 cc / min.

I've got a whole barrel full of the pencil (black body) injectors. Never tested or used a single one of them ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are the stock 250efi injectors low impedance?..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No sir , only the 300x uses the 2 ohm pink tips.

Everything else (early + late) uses the 12-14 ohm injectors of various forms and vendors.

P.S. You still ain't gettin no date, no matter how many rounds of peel an eat shrimp you buy ...

P.S.S. Bout time for you too get one of them things they sell at Dairy Queen .. ahh , yea ... a Blizzard .. Cuz .. we need another shrimp run . I used the last of what I had last night ...

Steak , red taters-n- Vidalia onions , topped with fried shrimp ...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No sir , only the 300x uses the 2 ohm pink tips.

Everything else (early + late) uses the 12-14 ohm injectors of various forms and vendors.

P.S. You still ain't gettin no date, no matter how many rounds of peel an eat shrimp you buy ...

P.S.S. Bout time for you too get one of them things they sell at Dairy Queen .. ahh , yea ... a Blizzard .. Cuz .. we need another shrimp run . I used the last of what I had last night ...

Steak , red taters-n- Vidalia onions , topped with fried shrimp ...

Dam! Chaz, Sorry I left you hanging, waiting. Your fingers must.. maybe be smelling a little fishy by now!. That plate of grump looks pretty awesome, Makes me want to run down in the basement and get some out of the Blizzard box. You know what a basement is?. Thats where us northerners go to hide from the girls in the mini vans!. But dont worry they( mini van girls) will all make there way down there in the next couple weeks to sun them self's and purge there lunch buffets in to your waters for some extra flavor to your critters!.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good groceries on a paper plate no less....Yum,Yum.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

14. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big tom View Post
    Dam! Chaz, Sorry I left you hanging, waiting. Your fingers must.. maybe be smelling a little fishy by now!. That plate of grump looks pretty awesome, Makes me want to run down in the basement and get some out of the Blizzard box. You know what a basement is?. Thats where us northerners go to hide from the girls in the mini vans!. But dont worry they( mini van girls) will all make there way down there in the next couple weeks to sun them self's and purge there lunch buffets in to your waters for some extra flavor to your critters!.
    Basement .. is that like a dungeon .. ???
    You know, the place where the mini-van ladies put you when your hands don't smell like fish often enough ..

I don't drink, so no need for a wine cellar .. <---{fresh orange juice(-=

I do have an above ground ... man cave . Some call it a Florida room to keep the northerners confruized ...

Yup .. paper plates .. for those of us that are good with a knife .. and hate washin dishes ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.. The dungeon.. Thats what it feels like, But thank God I'm built in the back side of a hill and mine is all windows with only one wall in the dirt. I'm been spending my nights down there Quarantining . Yep tonight's the last night!!. I do have a wine cellar..Its called the storage room. Thats where I store the wine that I get gifted every year from the wineries up here that I dont drink wine. . I regift it.. Never turn down a fresh O.J... We got Florida rooms up here!.. We call them 4 season rooms. Why I dont know you cant use them year around and the snow caves them if you dont stay at it. I heard the water going up down there ?. Must be all them mini vans park at the beach!.