Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I mean just sounds like its flooding sumwere and won't idle but will run Up top without really any issue but it will also hurt wot rpm. If u run it on a hose are u getting excess fuel out the prop?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its in a marina slip and i dont have a truck but I think i see fuel/oil in the water, not sure if its normal amount. Once again cold it idles beautifully for maybe ~10+ minutes at the dock not sure if i went longer. After running hard and the motor is warm it wont idle till its been allowed to cool off for maybe 30 minutes not sure exactly how long.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Cold motor likes a lot of fuel til warms up tho
    Shouldn't have any raw fuel n water

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed or at least found a remedy for the no idle once warm condition. I tried all the carb idle adjustment positions and every cap turned to all the way lean seemed to produced the best results but it still could not idle while warm. I then found the oil injection delete plug was leaking air and sometimes bubbling oil or fuel mixture was bubbling out, it seemed to be worse when warm. Got that sealed up with some sealant outboard of the oring and it now can idle very well warm or cold. I put the idle adjustment knobs back to center to test while warm and it starts struggling again. So it needed that pressure leak sealed and the carb idle jet knobs rotated all the way clockwise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked your carbs, if the bulb never gets hard when pumping by hand that usually means gas is still going somewhere it’s shouldn’t or the bulb is bad. I first would assume a float in one of the carbs is sticking open and flooding, which may or may not be your problem. If it’s flooding then the choke would not make as much a difference when used, which is what you say happens. Pumping the bulb every time at start helps a warm motor start as it reduces vapor bubbles in the motors fuel system from heat soak. Also might be worthwhile to replace the bulb if it’s older.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwhisper View Post
    Have you checked your carbs, if the bulb never gets hard when pumping by hand that usually means gas is still going somewhere it’s shouldn’t or the bulb is bad. I first would assume a float in one of the carbs is sticking open and flooding, which may or may not be your problem. If it’s flooding then the choke would not make as much a difference when used, which is what you say happens. Pumping the bulb every time at start helps a warm motor start as it reduces vapor bubbles in the motors fuel system from heat soak. Also might be worthwhile to replace the bulb if it’s older.
    I did check the carbs nothing flowing out of them, and nothing traveling though filter when I pump. I even applied some slight pressure to see if I had some slight bleed in the fuel pump diaphragm Everything is sealed super tight so I must have the smallest insignificant leak in the check valve of the bulb that has no effect on engine running. Pumping bulb while running has no effect. The fix was fixing the air bleed at the oil injection pump port and I had to turn all 6 idle adjustment all the way lean till they hit the lever stops. Seems odd but that's how this engine wants to run, even at 3/4 the way to lean it will be fine cold but then it will stall out once engine gets warm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2