Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1976 Glastron Carlson CV-16 Backyard Find

Hello Guys, I found out about this CV-16 a few years ago. It was a few miles down the road from me. Last week I was able to make a deal with the owner. It was a tough recovery, we had no way to move the wrecked Titan. Squeezing through the carport frame and the truck was tight. So far most of the work has been just clean up and research. But I will be doing a full restoration over the winter.

Last edited by 76cv16; 08-10-2020 at 09:14 AM.

2. Likes tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merc any good?? Distributor or ADI?? Good Luck

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1954bmw View Post
    Merc any good?? Distributor or ADI?? Good Luck
    It was last ran in 2001. Has been rebuilt before and was running when parked. Unfortunately the wiring harness is destroyed now, so I cant check the compression yet. It is a distributor motor 74-76 serial range. I picked up a spare warranty power-head (no block sn) with supposed good compression that has only been sitting 2 years from a local marine shop encase I need it. Came with a spare set of carbs and distributor for $100 bucks, I had to pull it myself though. Also I've also got a close friend with another 115 (unsure of year but its a distributor motor) He said he would give me the whole unit top to bottom for free. Its been sitting for 5 years. He says that ALL of the electronics even distributor were bought new trying to fix the engine. He says ultimately they determined the case seals were leaking and he swapped it out for a 4 stroke. So between all 2.5 of these units I am sure I can throw one together that will run.
    Last edited by 76cv16; 08-11-2020 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a classic Glastron look. You can always recognize that reverse V color scheme on the sides! I had a 72 GT150 back in the early 80's. I like the revisions to the body style they made by your year. It just looks better to me but the one thing I noticed back in the day with other Glastrons like mine.....the transoms always seemed to crack from stress. Mine was rated for something like 115hp and I ran a 150 tower of power. Maybe that's why? LOL Good luck and well wishes. I just had my V-king redone and I know it's a lot of work but can be a fun hobby/project.....if you have the place to do it. Any idea if you'll try to stick with original colors and concepts?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you've ever seen inside one split you'd understand why the transoms break. Pretty easy to improve on that during a resto, they typically split pretty easy.

Those '74 1150's are a strong runner, they give up a little up top to a 1500 but they have a much stronger bottom end. More than fair trade IMO especially for skiing!
    Josh Peterson