Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1997 Merc 200 EFI Fuel Pump and Reg. Who has in stock?

Boat is in the shop and was advised that fuel pressure is erratic and should replace both pump replace fuel regulator. Bad part is Merc is on back order on parts and takes weeks to ship. In fact shop is claiming a good 3 weeks before they even see the parts. I asked to provide the part numbers they need so I can search online and what better forum to ask then here. Anyone know who might have them in stock (of course once I get the right part numbers)? OR are they any aftermarket products that are reliable and I can use instead? Hard to wait with fishing season in full bloom

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure the fuel pump driver in the ECU is working properly before replacing the fuel pump.
    It has two speeds for driving fuel pump (low and high to account for fuel demand )

https://www.offshoremarineparts.com/62-14-890.html#product_tabs_additional_tabbed

parts.promarineusa.com/products/M50/1/1/30/250/1225/1
    Last edited by H2Okie; 08-07-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by H2Okie View Post
    Make sure the fuel pump driver in the ECU is working properly before replacing the fuel pump.
    It has two speeds for driving fuel pump (low and high to account for fuel demand )

https://www.offshoremarineparts.com/62-14-890.html#product_tabs_additional_tabbed

parts.promarineusa.com/products/M50/1/1/30/250/1225/1
    thank you so much for chiming in. I will call shop first thing this am here in Calif and get the part numbers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look on crowleys marine or mercury performance websites you can look up your motor by year make model and serial no. hope this helps

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting. I've reached out to Chris Carson and he said he would help me over the phone once I pull boat from shop. After talking to Chris and briefed him on what the boat shop said, he said there is no way its the fuel pressure regulator that is causing the erratic fuel pressures. shop says at idle its 50lbs then when given gas it drops to 40 then off the throttle jumps to 50 again causing motor to stall. Im picking up the boat from shop tomorrow and have arrange with Chris to walk me through a fix while on the water. I swear there are no good 2 stroke mechanics out in CA that know the older stuff. Wish Chris was closer to me as I'd drive a long way to have him fix my Merc. I just hope he and I can fix it, as shop had it for 3 weeks and came up with this BS then wait another 3 weeks just to get parts. wow.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbl_91762 View Post
    Thanks for posting. I've reached out to Chris Carson and he said he would help me over the phone once I pull boat from shop. After talking to Chris and briefed him on what the boat shop said, he said there is no way its the fuel pressure regulator that is causing the erratic fuel pressures. shop says at idle its 50lbs then when given gas it drops to 40 then off the throttle jumps to 50 again causing motor to stall. Im picking up the boat from shop tomorrow and have arrange with Chris to walk me through a fix while on the water. I swear there are no good 2 stroke mechanics out in CA that know the older stuff. Wish Chris was closer to me as I'd drive a long way to have him fix my Merc. I just hope he and I can fix it, as shop had it for 3 weeks and came up with this BS then wait another 3 weeks just to get parts. wow.
    Chris is very smart when it comes to these things. He will have u goin in no time and can provide ur parts if u need some