Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a rough week, but not for the reasons I thought it would be. Girlfriends niece was only 24, not 26. Not sure why I thought 26, but not very relevant.

So of course everyone was upset, as expected. My G/F's niece was living with her boyfriend and everybody thought they were both using, but they both had jobs and were making the rent. Not doing much else, but nowadays, that can be considered a lot. G/F is a nurse at the local ER and knows a few paramedics. The ones that picked up her niece confirmed that she had fresh needle marks, and that it appeared she had suffocated on her own vomit. She was cold when they got there so they assume that the two shot up, nodded off, and he woke up to find her like that.

It was Tuesday when she found out this info and she went from sad/grieving to pissed off, wanna find some sort of justice for this. Luckily my sister came to stay at the lake with her three kids, 6 months, 3 and 5 yrs old. So we stayed out there with them a few nights, my G/F is out there with them now, and I have been back and forth every other night since Saturday. I am going out there early tomorrow and will be there all weekend. Spending time with the little ones has been a cure all for a lot of things in my life, and those close to me. It seems to be working for the G/F, hope it is not just putting off a melt down until later.

I went with her to the funeral-internment on Friday. Was not sure if they would let me or even her in with all the restrictions, but they did. First time I have worn a mask, not very pleasant in a black suit in the sun. The boyfriend did not show up for anything. Nobody was surprised by that. G/F sister and husband have been very distant during all of this as well the maternal grandparents. That has me a bit worried but for now I am just keeping an eye on the G/F. I can only handle so much. If anyone else needs help, I will do my best, but keeping an eye on people that may need help, I can only be stretched so far.

And through all of that I seen the oldest of my younger brothers on Saturday. I can only hope he was on something, because if he was not, he has permanent drain bramaige.

2. Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry SS, that is a tough deal. A few years ago I would have said good riddance until my oldest niece went thru a stint w- H that rocked our family. I NEVER thought it would happen to our boring middle class family.

I wish you and your family the best-

4. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry bro. Prayers sent. A life long friend's daughter is on heroine with three children. Luckily the youngest is in Jr high and oldest in college. But it is a freakin' mess though. It is like she screws up everything she touches. Hard to believe my friend is still here. I figured he would have had a heart attack from the stress. Oh, to complicate things, his wife has dementia.

6. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hang in there SS Minnow, put your faith in God and trust that God will NEVER give you more than you can handle. Remember to let go and let God handle the load when it gets rough.

This is something I have to constantly remind myself.
    Proverbs 3
    1:My son, do not forget my teaching, but let your heart keep my commandments;

2:for they will add length to your days, years and peace to your life.

3:Never let loving devotion or faithfulness leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

4:Then you will find favor and high regard in the sight of God and man.

5:Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding;

6:in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

7:Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and turn away from evil.

8:This will bring healing to your body and refreshment to your bones.

9:Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the first fruits of all your harvest;

10:then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will overflow with new wine.

11:My son, do not reject the discipline of the LORD, and do not loathe His rebuked

12:for the LORD disciplines the one He loves, as does a father the son in whom he delights.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

8. Thanks SS Minnow, oldschoolltv thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow, oldschoolltv liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...if i was still in my twenties & had all my testosterone that i had in my twenties, i would be "thinking" about this situation a bit different. but i'm not, and i don't. kinda glad those days are over & in the past.

10. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everybody. This whole mess, has only been tough on me because of what it has put my G/F through. As far as my brothers, I wrote them off long ago, sadly. I learned with the oldest that they will do what they are going to do, and they will not change until they are ready to.

Enough of the depressing stuff. Had a great weekend at the lake. G/F is out there with my sister still. Sister and kids are leaving tomorrow so she will be out there to help watch kids while my sister packs everything up. G/F appears to be just as happy, if not happier then I have ever seen her. The little kids are cute and I think that helps. The 3 year old, actually he is 4 now, the first thing he says to me when I seen him on Friday is "I can wipe my own butt Uncle Joe". I could only respond by asking him if he also washes his own hands now, to which he enthusiastically replied "YES"!!!!!!! I gave him 5 and a hug and turned away from him to LMAO!!!!!!!!! It really is the little things in life.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IT is sad. my youngest son is an alcoholic big time. ive tryed to reason with him, but have gotten nowhere. i cant take him anywhere he has to have access to his beer at all times. tried to do some boating, he came to the ramp with a napsack of beer and cigs, 10AM. told him no drinking or smoking in the boat, started to argue, rambling on. had to kill the motor so he could smoke and drink his beer on the lake. alcohol not permitted at county ramp. back at the ramp, he disappears looking for a place to dump the empty cans. im standing with a rope in hand, like an idiot, holding up the launch. hes lost all common sense, like in a fog. i dont know how long his liver can last. hes 40. very sad

13. Thanks SS Minnow, Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see. Addiction is such a terrible thing to watch. Its also very scary living that close to someone that is so unpredictable. I'm fortunate to have neither of these in my life, but I feel for those of you that do.

Blake

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

15. Thanks SS Minnow, KIRCHNER thanked for this post
    Likes Forkin' Crazy, Instigator, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SS Minnow, thank you for these posts. They make it easier to understand why you see the need to Make America Great Again.__PRESENT
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

17. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They must have the attention span of a gnat.

Someone gave him another car and he decided to detail it.
    Knew that because I saw his shop vac setting beside it w/some towels on the ground beside it.
    That was Monday and they’re still sitting there!

I was on our porch last night and watched as someone showed up in a pickup and carried what looked like bags of groceries in his house.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

19. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Likes CDave, keefallan liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost three months ago my girlfriends niece died of a drug overdose. She found out yesterday that charges have been filed against a guy, 26 and a girl, 25 for first degree reckless homicide/deliver drugs. A class C felony punishable by up to forty years in prison. Both of them are on probation for felony convictions for.............................................drugs. Neither of them are in custody but there is a probation hold for both of them. When they run into a cop, they will be taken into custody. Not sure if either one of them have the means to skip town, but who knows?

Does not really phase the G/F. She got over all of this surprisingly quick. I can only assume that she wrote her off the way I did with my brothers years ago. It is not so much that you forget about them, but just accept the fact of their destination. You know where they are headed. Enjoy some time with them if you can, but know that their time is likely limited.

21. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes CDave liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest on my neighbor is getting visited by a group of sheriffs a couple wks back.

Middle of the day, they blocked the street a couple houses both ways, 4 or 5 marked cruisers, 3 or 4 unmarked and probably 10 sheriffs in bullet proof vests surrounded the house/perimeter while one pounded on front door.
    He was evidently home as they went in w/o crashing door.

Were there a 1/2 hr or so.

Crime watch in next weeks paper only said, “domestic”.

His new next door neighbor (w/the two young daughters) has now been target shooting behind his house, so the crack head knows.
    Also has Doberman pup that is now almost full grown ��

Course the crack head has a Rottweiler.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

23. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post
    Likes SS Minnow, mrichartz, keefallan, tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the people who allegedly sold my girlfriends niece the drugs that killed her had their first court appearance the Monday before Thanksgiving. My personal thoughts is that there should not be a "special" charge for this. Selling this crap should have a really bad penalty on its own, even if no one dies, but I digress.

So the guy's case is called first, he is a no show. His mother is there and has a letter from both him and the rehab facility he is in. Judge reads it, tells the mother that he is happy that the guy is doing well, then tells her that these are very serious charges and no matter where he is or what he is doing, he is to appear to face these charges. Assistant District Attorney requests warrant, judge authorizes, next case.

Next case is for the woman involved in sale of drugs etc etc. They go through the motions, request from her attorney for a signature bond as she is not a flight risk, ADA agrees if she is on GPS monitoring, judge approves. Starts to call the next case, while someone explained to my G/F's sister that the defendant was being Released On Recognizance, signs her name and walks. She went ballistic. So bad she was cuffed by a bailiff and dragged out of the courtroom kicking and screaming.

Court went into recess, ADA and judge go back into chambers, they calm her down and call her husband into the back. Turns out, the ADA was not familiar with the case or what the defendants were facing. It was Thanksgiving week and he was covering for the one that had the case, but was on vacation. Both had probation holds on them and the guy has two other felony drug cases for him right now that are still open in the same court. So they go back into the courtroom, they re-call her case, the judge revokes the bond and issues an arrest warrant for her. She was supposed to go right to the jail to have a GPS device attached to her as part of her release. She went and was arrested for the warrant to face another bail hearing the next morning. This time the bond was set at $50,000 cash, and in WI that means you post 50k or you sit.

The guy was also in for a bail hearing the next morning. Not sure if he turned himself in or if they went and got him. He also had a 50k bail set for that case, 20k for one of the others, and 5k for the last one. It really looks like these two will be inside well into their 30's. What a shame. It really is sad what happens when you use drugs.

Found out another small bit that I did not know. My G/F's sisters husband was not the girls father. Why would I know, not the kind of thing that really comes up? They acted like father and daughter, never would have guessed. Turns out her father was a deadbeat all the way through and through. Never, ever wanted anything to do with her. Was so bad with child support they just gave up trying to collect anything from him. It was not worth the time and he did not care if it meant going to jail. Sad thing is it was not like he was broke. Even when she was older and child support was no longer an issue, he still did not want anything to do with her. Sad, I just do not understand that.

25. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing.
    Markus' Performance Boating Links:
    www.toastedmarshmallow.com/performance

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow!

So sad.

Had been a wk or more w/o seeing my neighbor outside.
    Normally every couple days.

Sheriffs were there again.

When time goes w/o seeing him, I always expect him to be found dead of an overdose.
    I still expect it to end that way.

28. Thanks SS Minnow thanked for this post