Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Say that after you go for a 140 mph pass in a mid 30 foot cat. The stuff these new motors are doing was dreamland for the stuff in the not so distant past. Add water like lake Michigan or LOTO to the picture and its anything but boring-its a total rush. I will have my LCB running soon with a 4 stroke and if I am able to make it by the Jasper river run I will let you drive it and experience it first hand. "My guess is that you will change your opinion if running out front is of any importance to you".

Joe
    Joeseppi , In all sincerity .. we're up to 140+ now …

I give , which :
    A 22 liberator, 32 DW, 34 MTI, 39 MTI, 42 DW or 34 Victory
    has solidly stepped across the 140 mark. Not that anyone would stretch the truth , but you know .. independently verified .. and I don't mean a $19.95 flee-bay GPS either . <strike></strike>

Chaz = thinkin, there is a pretty good tail wind outside my house right now .. should be up your way by mid afternoon .. Play the dream wheel and wind gust right and you might be touting 155 ~ 160 by tomorrow evening ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

I give , which : [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]has solidly stepped across the 140 mark. Not that anyone would stretch the truth , but you know .. independently verified .. and I don't mean a $19.95 flee-bay GPS either . <strike></strike>

Chaz = thinkin, there is a pretty good tail wind outside my house right now .. should be up your way by mid afternoon .. Play the dream wheel and wind gust right and you might be touting 155 ~ 160 by tomorrow evening ..
    I'll take an Apache with number drives and go play in some real water.

4. Likes powerabout, AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

I give , which : [/FONT][/COLOR][/LEFT]has solidly stepped across the 140 mark. Not that anyone would stretch the truth , but you know .. independently verified .. and I don't mean a $19.95 flee-bay GPS either . <strike></strike>

Charlie,

There have been 4 boats that have tipped the 140 mark with 450s and Shawns new propellers. Paul Wallner that is on here might chime in "his 32 DW is at 135-136" every time out and he has updated wheels coming his way. Feel free to call Shawn Torrente, Randy Scisim at MTI, Myrick Coil at Performance, Randy Sweers at Fastboats, and ask them directly. There are rumors of even faster speeds from the 34' Victory out West but I don't know. I can tell you that 140 will be common place very soon as people continue to get propellers and set up figured out like they have. Guys can continue to not accept new technology if they want but it will pass you by when you run with them for any decent distance (there will be single 4 stroke twisters running in our group soon as well).

Randy's liberators have picked up 20 mph so far and he is just getting started as he is in the process of filling 3 more 450 orders.

I have a boat coming and you are welcome to run it with me and see what we can turn when its done--the LCB is next in line and I hope to have it in Jasper for the river run. Are you guys headed up?

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Insane-o View Post
    I'm almost old enough to buy a tri toon..maybe then it will matter
    I am almost 50 and just bought my first Tri-toon. I guess I am headed down hill from here--We all grow old but we don't need to grow up.... I still have an Allison, STV, and Skater to offset my old man pontoon with though. The majority of 450 cat buyers are coming out of big power speed master rigs to simplify their lives and not deal with down time. you really owe it to yourself to get a ride and see what they are capable of (yes they are crazy money but all of the new stuff is).

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JPEROG View Post
    Charlie,

There have been 4 boats that have tipped the 140 mark with 450s and Shawns new propellers. Paul Wallner that is on here might chime in "his 32 DW is at 135-136" every time out and he has updated wheels coming his way. Feel free to call Shawn Torrente, Randy Scisim at MTI, Myrick Coil at Performance, Randy Sweers at Fastboats, and ask them directly. There are rumors of even faster speeds from the 34' Victory out West but I don't know. I can tell you that 140 will be common place very soon as people continue to get propellers and set up figured out like they have. Guys can continue to not accept new technology if they want but it will pass you by when you run with them for any decent distance (there will be single 4 stroke twisters running in our group soon as well).

Randy's liberators have picked up 20 mph so far and he is just getting started as he is in the process of filling 3 more 450 orders.

I have a boat coming and you are welcome to run it with me and see what we can turn when its done--the LCB is next in line and I hope to have it in Jasper for the river run. Are you guys headed up?

Joe
    While I admire a positive attitude , when dealing with numbers my calculator never spits out a "should equal" … So forgive me for wanting "facts" …

When you say
    I am almost 50
    I take that to mean that your 49 .

I appreciate the offer to go see for myself "when" you your newest one goes together , but @ 62+ it hurts to walk across the shop , let alone bounce across the waves. I had a tune-up on my shoulder a couple weeks ago. So time will tell if "I'm gonna" ...
    Deb at 67+ is scheduled to have the first of both knees replaced in a few weeks , so I don't see us doing much traveling to anything farther than doctors offices for the rest of the year.

You said wildman picked up 20 mph . I guess I'm left to read between the lines ..
    $18,000 dollar 300xs to a $65,000 dollar 450r . Assuming "only" one motor ... $47,000 upcharge. And no mention of 140+ mph . I know ……………………………. yet.

For perspective , a good friend bought a C-4 Corvette for $7,500 hundred dollars. It's a SCCA legal car. I helped him put fresh ball joints in , he bought 4 new slicks and belts. With an open trailer, license fee's etc. he's into the whole deal for aprox $10,000 .
    Went to a track day up by you with his two teenage son's. All three of them put laps in on the road course at over 145 mph . They didn't say they went 145+ , the Daytona timing and scoring officials gave them documentation stating so ... Let me say that again ..
    They didn't say they went 145+ , the Daytona timing and scoring officials gave them documentation stating so …
    <strike></strike>

OK , so you mentioned 4 boats over 140 . I'm not going to ask to see documentation …
    Where I hung out , they put how fast you went on these big LED boards you could see from the space station .. hard to one more beer it into 10 mph faster ..

OK , 4 boats … is it fair to say by the time the smoke cleared … $2,000,000.00 between them ?
    No offence but the names you mentioned ….. are all salesman .
    I have bought a few new vehicles in my life . I went to the lots "after they closed" to pick out what I wanted , or to go back and order what I wanted. The "pitch" is what had me saying , honey I'm ready to go now . I did learn how to get to the good guy. Wear clothes that I wore to work that day .. the jerk-offs glanced my way .. the guy who said , sir may I help you .. usually got the sale ..
    I really would have expected to see all the sales people have their show room floor models with 300r motors @ LOTO last year. Maybe they will all bomb the record book this year with both 300 and 450 horse models

Until then I'd have to say Tom K. still sits on top of the heap with some antique 2 strokes …

Or maybe throw a 450r on an STV .. certainly it should make the peanut farmers 151 mph pass look pale by comparison ..

Rumor's of even faster … with that kind of money . They could buy a calibrated State Trooper radar gun .. but then , they would have to live with what it ran on that day , at that time , under those conditions …

<strike></strike>

8. Thanks Whaaaaat thanked for this post
    Likes Whaaaaat, 22R liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The new four strokes are great, impressive reliability and power. In the end, who cares if it's a two stroke or four, in the sense that as long as that prop shaft is turning the right RPM with enough torque. In the end, it's power made through a broad RPM range and four strokes can do that just fine.

10. Thanks JPEROG thanked for this post
    Likes JPEROG, powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WavetoWave View Post
    The new four strokes are great, impressive reliability and power. In the end, who cares if it's a two stroke or four, in the sense that as long as that prop shaft is turning the right RPM with enough torque. In the end, it's power made through a broad RPM range and four strokes can do that just fine.
    I agree 100%. I would never consider going back now be it (dirt bike KTM450, Sled Turbo Thundercat, boat motors 300Rs or pwc).

Joe

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headline, Jaws sue's mercury over forcing buyers to utter the phrase, " were gonna need a bigger boat".

Headline mercury saves millions by eliminating outboard division. "Car motors inside the boat and hanging off the back, weight be damned".

13. Likes powerabout liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaat View Post

Headline mercury saves millions by eliminating outboard division. "Car motors inside the boat and hanging off the back, weight be damned".
    That’s cute but total BS. My 300R weighs the same as my old 300XS. I picked up 10MPH and acceleration from 30 mph to 90 mph is less than half the time the 300XS took. Aside from it being a V8, the motor was designed from the ground up as an outboard.
    Mark

15. Likes WavetoWave, engineermike, JPEROG liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    That’s cute but total BS. My 300R weighs the same as my old 300XS. I picked up 10MPH and acceleration from 30 mph to 90 mph is less than half the time the 300XS took. Aside from it being a V8, the motor was designed from the ground up as an outboard.
    so one 300hp is 10 mph faster than another 300hp but they are both 300hp?

17. Likes Whaaaaat liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    XS made 305 HP, the R makes 328 HP with more torque

19. Thanks powerabout thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerabout View Post
    By that logic my old 300 HPDI should be as fast as a 300 drag, no?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    By that logic my old 300 HPDI should be as fast as a 300 drag, no?
    I dont anyone ever believed the 300 drag was 300, did it have a BIA tag on it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok fine, then I guess the 300 hpdi was as fast as the 300x, 300xs, and 300r. All 300’s right?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast