Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scott reierson View Post
    Wow, This is cool. Thanks for posting this.

I wanted to do something like this to my 1973 Vector but the T2X option got to be a problem.

My 1973 Vector is nice and original. 2 owner garaged boat. Has the 23" transom. Did the core work. Seastar, New electrical etc. Really don't want to wreck it. Now of course after 2.5 Ally's, STV's the 15" 150 inline TP I run is a little boring .

I wanted to come up with a way to go back and forth between the I6 or a Light as Possible 15" 2.4 Carb/CLE option, 2.4 formula cowl 1973 blue decals. Would not want anymore holes in the transom. Figured I'd come up with a slim light weight plate using the 6 holes for the I6 w/TNT already there., Do Harness adapter etc. A skinny 15" 2.4 is still gonna add weight. Figured I'd have to add do some type of well hidden extra transom, rear deck to floor support. Battery up front etc. Still use the side by side 6 gallon tanks with big fuel lines, pump etc., or an centered above floor tank for more range. Stock back to back seats. Seat box is modified to allow 50+lbs under the passenger seat with large deck plate.

I am telling myself no. Don't do it. But I'm getting weak.

As you guys know, These antiques are pretty much glass water only. I really do need more rough water capability. I look at the Vector sitting on the lift when the lake is busy as Tow Boats etc. leave their gifts. I really should get that 20ft LCB Cat. However, I feel that may become a budget issue.

I have a boat problem. After 50 or so boats, I told myself when I retired this would be the last one. Will see
    We had a viper 25 + years ago, and wanted another. We have a 21 skater for our normal boating, and are going to use the viper for sheltered protected runs so we don't get beat to death. I am not putting the back seat in, and built a 28 gallon tank for it.
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

4. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the 2 tuners I'm usingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180903_161446.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	425.4 KB 
ID:	470565
    action mobile marine, 772 528 0754, dealers for aces fuel products,wolf efi, pro marine,latham and gaffrig/livorsi. we build gearcases and modify them(3 litre) to ratchet, and powerheads as well. 21 skater/3 litre wolf efi 113 mph the engine build http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-3-litre-build

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you know this but the separate triples have to be maintained to tuner end. The one on the LEFT I can't see the short side dump from the top triple. Also the 3 bore distance spacing doesn't look possible with that one. The spacing is evident at the end of the tuners for each triple. That looks like a single tuner , it'll be getting signals from both triples at 60° intervals add to that the travel distance delay from the top triple and the fire order within each triple. Was that a factory piece for a T-2 ,T-2X ? Would it time correctly at high rpm?

If both triples don't have the same distance top of chest to specific tuner end one of the triples will tune differently than the other. The factory tuner difference between both triples keeps this tune near equal.

If someone wanted to play with it, tuners and length ratio. The top triple could be blocked off below #3 in the ex log and a turn out built through the cover to a tuner short megaphone in the wind. This ratio and shape could be matched to a modded tuner in the leg for the bottom triple if gains could be had. As now the top triple is limited to maintain length by distance down to the adapter. This would enable both triples with a shorter and different ratio more equal, could gains be made? Don't think that was permitted back in the day? Just spit balling .

Right, two motors, can't see much on this small
    Last edited by FMP; 07-29-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    I'm sure you know this but the separate triples have to be maintained to tuner end. The one on the LEFT I can't see the short side dump from the top triple. Also the 3 bore distance spacing doesn't look possible with that one. The spacing is evident at the end of the tuners for each triple. That looks like a single tuner , it'll be getting signals from both triples at 60° intervals add to that the travel distance delay from the top triple and the fire order within each triple. Was that a factory piece for a T-2 ,T-2X ? Would it time correctly at high rpm?

If both triples don't have the same distance top of chest to specific tuner end one of the triples will tune differently than the other. The factory tuner difference between both triples keeps this tune near equal.

If someone wanted to play with it, tuners and length ratio. The top triple could be blocked off below #3 in the ex log and a turn out built through the cover to a tuner short megaphone in the wind. This ratio and shape could be matched to a modded tuner in the leg for the bottom triple if gains could be had. As now the top triple is limited to maintain length by distance down to the adapter. This would enable both triples with a shorter and different ratio more equal, could gains be made? Don't think that was permitted back in the day? Just spit balling .

Right, two motors, can't see much on this small
    If you look at the way the t2x exhaust side is designed, the tuner equals the lengths out

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    If you look at the way the t2x exhaust side is designed, the tuner equals the lengths out
    Yes I did mention that a couple times, tuner ends and three bore spacing difference in lengths between top triple and bottom triple .

Just wondering about that tuner on the left
    Last edited by FMP; 07-29-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FMP View Post
    Yes I did mention that a couple times, tuner ends and three bore spacing difference in lengths between top triple and bottom triple .

Just wondering about that tuner on the left
    I'm trying to remember, idk why I'm thinking sst 140

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I modified a Latham pin, and made a wingplate out of 3/8 6061 aluminum, so no cable steering, hydraulic side steer with the 12" midClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200603_194659-1.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	430.9 KB 
ID:	470795

11. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...lathams(like others) most common cylinder sizes, are the 9", and the 7". what is that one? a 7"?...or?
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 08-02-2020 at 10:09 AM.

13. Likes Capt.Insane-o liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...looks like you've chosen your installed height & know what gearcase your going with. coming along nicely.

15. Likes mrcrsr liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcrsr View Post
    Here's the 2 tuners I'm usingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180903_161446.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	425.4 KB 
ID:	470565
    With the inline your only using one of those...and the choice is pretty obvious.

17. Likes mrcrsr liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    USE OMC 14/21...…..Clubfoot......JMO...….Merc ssm prop too small......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave S View Post
    USE OMC 14/21...…..Clubfoot......JMO...….Merc ssm prop too small......
    I'm going to run a sportmaster, and also an xs case. I'll eventually build an xr series gearcase for it

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200816_172654.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	436.5 KB 
ID:	471756. So this boat had a hole cut in the dash for a stereo, my buddy built us a nice glove box to fill the hole, and he also made a grab handle. I got the guages installed yesterday, along with the helm, and had previously modified a brand new rideguide wheel to fit the seastar helm, and hydraulic hoses installed.

21. Likes tnelsmn liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...you know the xs gearcase is tempermental on water pressure, and prop blowout from the intake holes aereating the slipstream right? thats why, back in the "J" boat days, a lot of guys took off the xs gearcases & replaced them with the standard 1500 gearcases, as they actually got better water pressure, at many times a higher height, and no blowout. hard to believe, i know. this being said, every boat was slightly different, tunnel versus V, how high the V-bottom ran, etc. can't wait to see this viper rigged. love these stupid things.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 08-17-2020 at 08:38 AM.

23. Thanks mrcrsr thanked for this post
    Likes Mark75H liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast