Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTB 225 Promax ECU

Looking for a clean 99 model ecu for a 225 promax. Just looking and comparing. Let me know what you have and how much. Thanks
    Respect no wake zones!!! Evinrude guys need a place to race too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So you must be looking for an A32 and what are you comparing?
    Keep in mind that what ever you find if they do not have or know history could have been work by someone like Simon, Hoffman even Mercury so there is a chance they will not match.
    The main goal is that is in good working order through all perimeters, I personally test all mine.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNRoostertail View Post
    Looking for a clean 99 model ecu for a 225 promax. Just looking and comparing. Let me know what you have and how much. Thanks
    I have two,1 A17,,1 A32,,,both are stock.The A17 is the lean fuel curve,and the A32 is the reprogramed fatter curve.
    They are $400.00 each and will be tested before sold,,on my engines.....If interested call me at 305 942 1587....Ed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laser_ED View Post
    I have two,1 A17,,1 A32,,,both are stock.The A17 is the lean fuel curve,and the A32 is the reprogrammed fatter curve.
    They are $400.00 each and will be tested before sold,,on my engines.....If interested call me at 305 942 1587....Ed
    He has the A32 now and it was re flashed, We think it was re flashed really fat as it loses its kahones around 5800rpms where it should be gaining. I will tell him, he may want a swing at the A17, his ecu is at Bracato right now for a full 100% rundown. Will say this, my buddy doesn't try to save money on his Merc, he shoots for the top end guys.

Wentzville.MO 40 "miles west of St Louis"
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does the A6 fall into the LEANvsRICH curve?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so the other ecu tested bad at Brocado, fuel injection and fuel pump readings were very abnormal. He is looking for a completely stock A32. Prices and offers?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two,1 A17,,1 A32,,,both are stock.The A17 is the lean fuel curve,and the A32 is the reprogramed fatter curve.
    .....Ok,,both of the ECUS that I have are stock mercury ,they have never been reprogramed by anybody..The A17 was the 1st generation 225 promax ECU,mercury decided that it was to lean from about 4000 to 5000 rpms and it was causing engine failures on heaver and higher pitched rigs....Mercury offered to reflash the A17 to gen 2 A32 which had more fuel in lean spots...I like the A17 on lighter rigs,they accelerate harder,and if you have an adjustable
    regulator you can tune it..to a degree...Ed

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .....Ok,,both of the ECUS that I have are stock mercury ,they have never been reprogramed by anybody..The A17 was the 1st generation 225 promax ECU,mercury decided that it was to lean from about 4000 to 5000 rpms and it was causing engine failures on heaver and higher pitched rigs....Mercury offered to reflash the A17 to gen 2 A32 which had more fuel in lean spots...I like the A17 on lighter rigs,they accelerate harder,and if you have an adjustable
    regulator you can tune it..to a degree...Ed
    Ed, thanks. Im the one that TnRoostertail made the post for. Didn't realize I already had an account here. Lol. I will be in touch with you by the weekend about an ecu if I can't source a good one locally that won't need shipped. It will be the a32. Its going on a 21ft Gambler and is not what I would call lighter. 1650 dry weight, we are estimating 2700lbs rigged to fish. Everything is stock on the motor, and if this solves my possible lack of power, I will be spending some time around the 5k mark, so I'd rather not chance the a17 or even an a06 ecu.

Thanks Ed.