Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If I remember correctly, the LS motors come as a alum block from the cars, and an iron block version from the trucks. Weight vs strength.

83 V-King, 96 Mariner, 200 hp ff block 2.5 w/a 28p choppa
    We gotta clean this liberal mess up, VOTE TRUMP TO MAGA!
    Rebuild thread:
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-it&highlight=
    http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...cs.&highlight=
    Videos

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you want I have a used factory stock 351 W roller short block in my garage. Not hard to stick a 351W in a Fox body.
    https://www.andersonfordmotorsport.c...ox-body-build/
    https://lmr.com/products/Mustang-351w-Engine-Swap-Guide

As far as heads from what I've seen the Brodix LH 195 are some sweet looking heads, great flow numbers. If ya wanna be different slap some Trick Flow 190 Power Port Cleveland heads on. They have coolant passages to fit a Windsor.
    https://brodix.com/heads-2/ford-mopar/lh-series
    http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...cylinder-heads
    http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...-195-head-swap

https://www.trickflow.com/parts/tfs-51616204-c00
    http://www.mustangandfords.com/how-t...eveland-engine
    Last edited by CDave; 06-15-2020 at 02:04 PM.
    -----------------------
    93 STV Mod VP/MERC 2.5 200
    -----
    The Bible is life's instruction manual.

Proverbs 4:18-20

" For a nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people."
    -- John F. Kennedy 1962

3. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator, LakeFever liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuel injected LS motors, any of them, last much much longer for a few different reasons. Carburetor motors are dinosaurs. Carburators constantly wash the cylinder walls of lubrication, the EFI LS motor does not. Yes, the original LS computer is the one to use, it is the #0411 or just simply known as the 411. You can buy them anywhere, even at your local auto parts store. When I first got my first 346 (5.7) LS back in '02, I knew nothing about them, and nobody else did either. No aftermarket anything for them yet either. I had to study up on how the computer worked, wiring, etc. The more I learned about the computer & wiring, the more I laughed & understood it, because it was so simple. Basically, all the little wires coming out of the computer are mini ground wires soldered to the computer board inside. These little ground wires go to a resistor or sensor or a relay on the engine, which in turn makes things go on or off. That's it. This of course is a simplified explanation. When you convert an LS to a carb motor, you loose so many of its other excellent benefits as well.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 06-15-2020 at 08:02 PM.

5. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fujimo, what RPM are you turning your LS?
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So not really spinning it up very high. N/A motor?
    I CAN ALWAYS MAKE ANOTHER DOLLAR, BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANOTHER DAY

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something to think about. Technology is way ahead of old conventional drag car set ups and is changing rapidly each year. It’s all in what ya want, old school push rod motors are still cool, but be prepared for a fellow that drove his car to the strip with a/c on while getting mid twenty’s miles to the gallon, reliable as can be as a daily driver scull drag your bumpity bump always working on old school hot rod. Don’t get me wrong I love messing with old school stuff, but at my stage in life, sure would be nice to have a relatable 10 second daily driver I can also take to the track and Have fun. For instance my little nephew just went a bought a base 2020 mustang with direct injected 5.0 and 10 speed, got a tune, a cold air kit and tires. Went to the track last weekend and ran a 11.9 shifting at 7200 and gets mid to upper 20’s fuel mileage. That combo in the much lighter fox body would really get somewhere. Not real cheap to start with, but in long run prob not that much different and a much more enjoyable car

10. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Used to run a 68 firebird with a 428 with wenzler heads and a nash 5 speed with 3:55's. 10.83-10.87 all the time on 10.5's in the florida soup.Daily drove it to work for 3 years and punked down more 5.0's on the street than I could count.Never lifted to shift. This project will be resurrected soon, Corvette IRS this time.

ROW YOUR OWN!

12. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes CDave, Instigator liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That gold Nova is a "Outlaw -632" heads up car I built about 15 yeads ago . That class runs 1/8 th mile . But at a track rental day , he ran it out the back .. it went 7.00's @ 190 Beautiful car ..

I've got two Fords , so I'm not hatin . I did a Ford Ranger truck for a guy , struts , 4 link .. nice piece. He had a 351 W built for it .. 414 inch stroker kit . I think it made around 650 - 700 on mule. About 50 passes into it , it broke the front web out of the block , and the crank at the first rod journal . Why ..??? Cuz of that big gap between the front of the block and that front cover / spacer that's about 2-3 inch's thick .. for the timing chain , fuel pump pad and distributer drive … that balancer is hangin out on its own …. snap .. ! I made headers and mounts for a BBC , he bought a 540 that made 850 .. its still running today .. take it for what it's worth ..

Mustang guys would walk into the shop with a Jegs book in their back pocket.
    Now I didn't care if I sold parts or not .. but I also don't go to Publix buy a couple of steaks , head to Outback , twll em how to cook em .then complain when I don't like how they came out …

I built the first 400 of these for AVO / Hal shocks / QA-1 components , for the Fox body Mustangs. Caster / camber plates as well . So I'm kinda familiar with that platform .. They sent one of mine to China to be copied . The first 50 of those were built wrong . I filled a couple of small orders of 25 at a time .. until they got it right . Some of my friends said **** em , I wouldn't make another thing for them !
    It was work , we got pretty fast at mass producing them ,and I got paid well for them.
    The ones from China , were powdercoated , two halfs of lazer cut Styrofoam , slid into a box , stapled shut , sitting on the dock … for aprox 1/3 the price I paid for just the raw materials .. I couldn't compete .

https://www.qa1.net/automotive/suspe...members-braces

A well known header mfg. sent out a bunch of header sets with the driver side heading in towards the trans pan rail . I cut the collector off , re aimed it and welded it back on .. a bunch of em …
    I , I , I , paid a lot of money for these, you think you can cut me a break ???
    I'm sorry , I'm not their wty department . But you can send them a copy of that receipt , and see what kind of company they really are ..

Chaz = thinkin, I'm glad I'm too old to roll around on the floor or hang up side down in the monkey bars to weld … any more ..

14. Likes CDave, mrichartz liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just making the point he could take a bone stock latest gen coyote with a tune and run 10-11’s all day and never put a wrench on it and be as nimble and reliable as new car. Start tweeking on it, god forbid put a hair drier on it and easily be single digits. Just how much times has changed. For heavens sake cars are coming from the factory capable of 10’s now with warranty on em

16. Likes LakeFever, Instigator liked this post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep
    When I built my 500 hp 440 6 pack I thought I did something.
    The 7000 rpm was fun....

Was talking to a friend w/a 11 second Ls powered TA when the Coyote subject came up.

He said the Ford guys are turning the stock bottom end 10k!

He told me he thought they were the next Ls.

Hell, you guys got me beat up enough I may just stick w/boats!

Quote Originally Posted by FORBESAUTO View Post
    Just making the point he could take a bone stock latest gen coyote with a tune and run 10-11’s all day and never put a wrench on it and be as nimble and reliable as new car. Start tweeking on it, god forbid put a hair drier on it and easily be single digits. Just how much times has changed. For heavens sake cars are coming from the factory capable of 10’s now with warranty on em
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in my garage than win w/stuff I bought.

I refuse to allow common sense to interfere w/my boat buying decisions.

Checkmate 16' 140 Johnson
    Hydrostream 17' Vector FrankenRude I
    Laser 480 (?) 21' w/GT 200
    Glastron Carlson Conquest w/XP 2.6
    Glastron Carlson CVX 20 w/XP 2.6
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 Johnsons
    24' Sonic w/twin 250 HO Johnsons
    19' STV River Rocket w/FrankenRude II
    Allison XR 2002 w/Frankenrude II
    Hydrostream 18' V-King w/Frankenrude II

18. Likes mrichartz, CDave liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMIDLYF View Post
    So not really spinning it up very high. N/A motor?
    ...my engine is close to stock, so I will tell you it is stock. tune, 1.8 ratio gold crane roller rockers, longtubes, studded block, etc., just little stuff...cause i'm old now, lol. high twenties mileage, which is typical. don't know why those damn groceries can't stay in one place...

20. Likes AZMIDLYF liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XstreamVking View Post
    If I remember correctly, the LS motors come as a alum block from the cars, and an iron block version from the trucks. Weight vs strength.
    ...generally speaking, you are correct stream. they are both strong though. iron blocks in trucks more for cost of production, so very affordable used. iron block LS's are typically chosen over aluminum block motors for turbo applications, but aluminums are taken to high horsepower outputs all the time with no issues, its just when you get above 800 horsepower iron is what people go with. irons are taken to 1,800 & beyond turboed.
    Last edited by FUJIMO; 06-16-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FORBESAUTO View Post
    Something to think about. Technology is way ahead of old conventional drag car set ups and is changing rapidly each year. It’s all in what ya want, old school push rod motors are still cool, but be prepared for a fellow that drove his car to the strip with a/c on while getting mid twenty’s miles to the gallon, reliable as can be as a daily driver scull drag your bumpity bump always working on old school hot rod. Don’t get me wrong I love messing with old school stuff, but at my stage in life, sure would be nice to have a relatable 10 second daily driver I can also take to the track and Have fun. For instance my little nephew just went a bought a base 2020 mustang with direct injected 5.0 and 10 speed, got a tune, a cold air kit and tires. Went to the track last weekend and ran a 11.9 shifting at 7200 and gets mid to upper 20’s fuel mileage. That combo in the much lighter fox body would really get somewhere. Not real cheap to start with, but in long run prob not that much different and a much more enjoyable car
    ...agreed, this is the only way to go these days, and has been, for 15 years now. buy a modern day pull-out & stick it in your favorite older car of choice & I guaranty you won't be able to get that damn smile off your face.

23. Likes XstreamVking liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Those lofty power numbers .. send em back to the junkyard , as quick as they got plucked out. But hey , it's only gotta last for one YouTube video ..

The Cleetus McFarland crew has been thru 8 LS's this year. Good ones (read expensive) . Like I said , I own one .. but to think I can slip it apart , gap the rings and throw it right back together. Hang a couple Chinese hairdriers , and make 2000 HP … for more than one dyno session .. well you know .. the plane boss … the plane ..

25. Thanks Instigator thanked for this post
    Likes XstreamVking, Instigator, LakeFever, CDave liked this post
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast