Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Injector Dynamics Video

This is a Great Video a Friend of mine sent me that works for Bosch in their injector division. Note Injector Dynamics takes Production injectors as a platform and makes parts to adapt to various applications then flow match them. No where in the video do they mention Calibration or Adjusting. They Flow match them or Toss them. A well worth the watch 30 minute Video.
    https://youtu.be/_UZ6wYTjUpo?t=1451

Injector Dynamics Facility Tour - How Motorsport Fuel Injectors ...

www.youtube.com › watch

▶ 31:45

Peter tours the impressive new facilities at Injectors Dynamics with co-founder and head mad scientist Paul Yaw ...
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seems like they all like those new~wave Bosch units . I'm lucky to have these guys just down the street from me .. they do a lot of the same stuff as the video above .
    There's a bunch of fart can Honda's parked out front , and the guys that drive them look like they fell face first into a tackle box and ink well … But I gotta say , them kids are into what they do .. and have always been good to me ..

The latest rage seems to be , screw in base and individual lines running to each injector .. you know, like it's 1950 all over again …

To be fair , as pumps get bigger and pressure goes up .. the risk of pushing an O-ring out and causing a fire becomes greater … This is a cool upgrade … even though it looks like they missed my threading seminar … LOL

Mike Moran .. probably got tired of the BS story about adjustable injectors and did something about it …

3. Thanks powerabout, CI STV thanked for this post
    Likes Dave Strong, stoker2001 liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny you talk about pressures, I see some of these fuel rails attached with flimsy brackets and wonder how they stay on... the hydraulic pressure with 4 or 6 1/2 holes in the rails is quite a bit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Porsche guys , the company out at Witham Field , and your OMC cousin up here are the only three that put **** I make on a scale .. I tell em all , I like to sleep soundly .. instead of tossing and turning ..
    I think as a general rule , most fabricators build , erring on the side of caution. But yes your 100% right , some of em out there are throwin stuff out on the market that doesn't have the wind bucking , wave crashing , or go thru tire shake that sounds like a horse sneezin .. percentage factor added to the equation ..
    A full chassis door car with a funny car cage and double frame rails , shifter tree with pods and air lines makes impossible to get to the passenger side of the car. My biggest fear was to smack the wall , either rupture the tank or knock one side of the fuel system off and wind up stuck against the wall on the drivers side door .. on fire.
    No place for cheezy components …

The old Enderle belt drive alky pumps I ran , were rated at 7 gal/min @ 80 psi .
    I've seen plenty of those 3/16" stainless run unsupported and crack. I liked the crimped #3 hoses with brass ends , never had a bit of trouble ..

These new electrics will go 10 gal/min @ 90 continuous and boost rise to 150 psi.

https://aeromotiveinc.com/product/fu...ess-spur-10-0/

Them 68 gallon pumps run up around 300 + psi in a fuel car ..

https://watermanracing.com/product/big-bertha/

You spoke of hydraulic "push points" .. Double the fun …

Never been a fan of those elbows .. but the fuel side looks old , but new ..

6. Thanks CI STV thanked for this post
    Likes stoker2001, mistah_max liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im shocked This Thread didnt gain more attention about Injectors???
    Bud Conner "Heathen" "Defending Our Constitution"

FOR ALL ENGINE APPLICATIONS
    DRY Film Lubricant for Piston Skirts & Cranks + Thermal Barrier Ceramic Coatings for Piston Tops, Combustion Chambers, Valves etc !!

8. Likes ironhead stv, laser_ED liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The talent, knowledge and technical capability I see on this website is amazing. Just look at this stuff. Wow! We are so lucky to see the resources we have here.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HStream1 View Post
    Im shocked This Thread didnt gain more attention about Injectors???
    I agree 110% . Other than have them cleaned once a year, or have them cleaned when the engine starts missing .. there really is no interest in them. Clean em and forget em till next time.
    There seems to be many misconceptions about injectors. As stated, some think that the Bosch and Keihin units are adjustable ..
    That you "have to" buy them from mercury .. What are they now, $400 - $500 each ..

I usually send a few extra in for cleaning / flow testing. I always scribe a letter or number on the bodies and ask for an exact flow number on each one. The one time I sent the Mrs. to drop off / pick up a set, she came back with a sheet that said 500cc average. I asked her if she gave the letter to the guy I had written, she said she did. I went back and told the guy I don't give a **** about what the average is, I need to know what the value for each one is. Do you think I have a nine cylinder motor these are going in ?
    I don't have a modern aftermarket systems where you can move the pulse width and individual cyl. timing from your cell phone at 100 mph ..
    I am stuck with an antique system that the only control I have is to adjust the fuel pressure globally and tune to the worst hole. To get it any better I have to treat the injector as a replaceable jet and put the weak ones in the cold holes and the higher flowing ones in the hot holes and when they are somewhat evened out, then bring the pressure down. So for me, having them all flow the exact same is not a goal of mine. We have been on the same page ever since.
    I never cared for sending in a PCM "to have it flashed" . OK it's reflashed, what does that mean .. It means I would have to pay $600+ dollars for … what ?
    I don't know of anyone who got a spec sheet with the magic box of tricks .. and the ones that were honest about it said they didn't see any difference .. The Verado was the only exception, they held the waste gate / blow off valve closed a little longer to build a little more boost.
    BTW .. what's good about having a 7000 or 8000 RPM limiter , if the porting / airflow / compression , fall's off a cliff at 6200 .. (300x)

The "work" I hear that's being done on the new V-8's is clandestine (that should get some thread traffic LOL) box manipulation .. I don't know for sure , but I'll bet that Merc flogged that system pretty heavy before sending their new darling out to the public. What they forgot was to load some compression and camshaft to the mix along with the "Mercury Racing" decals.
    Yup , my little cousin Billy-Bob found a way to bust into the box .. found 4 horse power .. feels like at least ah nudder hunnert ..

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must have missed it. I want to know what ID is paying for those Boschs must not be a lot. I like their fancy charting software and that. Definitely a well run outfit. They are all pretty much doing the same thing though, ID, FIC, Performance, ASNU etc. take a Bosch EV14, pop the cap off, drill some holes, test it and send it.

www.InjectorService.com
    Call/Text - 204-326-0390

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance FIC has injectors for a 300x?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post

Seems like they all like those new~wave Bosch units . I'm lucky to have these guys just down the street from me .. they do a lot of the same stuff as the video above .
    There's a bunch of fart can Honda's parked out front , and the guys that drive them look like they fell face first into a tackle box and ink well … But I gotta say , them kids are into what they do .. and have always been good to me ..

The latest rage seems to be , screw in base and individual lines running to each injector .. you know, like it's 1950 all over again …

To be fair , as pumps get bigger and pressure goes up .. the risk of pushing an O-ring out and causing a fire becomes greater … This is a cool upgrade … even though it looks like they missed my threading seminar … LOL

Mike Moran .. probably got tired of the BS story about adjustable injectors and did something about it …